ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Year Long Residence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aboudi

10 Year Long Residence

Post by aboudi » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:20 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have called in today to book my appointment for indefinite leave based on the 10 year route. I was surprised by my experiance doing so and am very wary about the application itself. Let me give you a bit of a background on myself:

1997-2004 Student Visa
2004-2005- WorkPermit
2005-Present EEA Family Permit

I satisfy all the requierments for the application and i printed out the guidence Notes for Chapter 18 of the Rule Issued April 2007 to make sure i am in line with all the requierments.

When i called in to book the appointment the home office agent asked me what was my visa status and as soon as i mentioned EEA family permit he said sorry you dont qualify for anything under UK Rules you can only apply under EEA now and you cant switch back. I explained i dont want to switch back i just want to apply for Indefinite Leave but they would not take any of it (even after apparently going somewher to check with someone and putting me on hold for 10 minutes). So I went to get my guidance notes for this categuory and called back, even after i quoted chapter 2.2.3 which specifically relates to people here under EEA law which clearly states " Discretion can be applied to consider time spent under EEA law as lawfull residence" they still did not budge. I kept my cool and was very polite and asked for a supervisor half expecting my request to be decline but to my surprise they did bring one over the phone, i was as polite as possible in my explanation and explained myself to her again. She put me on hold while she went and got the same document i was quoting her from and after reading it she agreed that i do Qualify so she went through and booked the appointment for me. I was SOO stressed for a while there, Round 2 is on the 24th of August !!!
Thanx for reading through.

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:09 pm

Make sure you take that documentation with you, like you say Round 2 coming up and you'll need to be preapared for it!

HHH99

Post by HHH99 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:20 pm

Oh boy you look like you are going to have fun just read up on my experience when I went for my 10 year rule I had a very bad day there too but manage to come out with an ILR eventually