ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

baby born in UK: Naturalisation or direct Citizenship

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vikash
Newly Registered

baby born in UK: Naturalisation or direct Citizenship

Post by Vikash » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi ,

1) have been blessed with a baby girl in Apr14. (At the time the baby was born myself and wife was on Tier 1 General)
2) ILR approved in Jul14.

Have done my baby birth registration but have not applied for Indian passport. Hence till date do not have any travel document for the baby.

My Question

1) Do I need to go for naturalization first and then apply the British passport for her.
2) Or can i directly apply British passport for her.

I have read in the forum that once either parent gains ILR the baby is eligible for naturalization. However in my case since I do not have any travel or citzenship document for the baby was wondering if I could apply for the passport directly skipping the naturalisation process.

Best Regards
Vikash

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: baby born in UK: Naturalisation or direct Citizenship

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:30 pm

The child may be registered as British, section 1(3), then can apply for a British passport. Assuming the child was born in the UK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Vikash
Newly Registered

Post by Vikash » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Thanks Amber as always you have been very helpful and quick. Yes Aasi my girl was born in the UK

On the MN1 form , i need to mention the child current citizenship. My baby was born here in UK and have not applied for the Indian passport. What do i fill here.

Or do I need to go for an Indian passport first and then use MN1 for registration.

Best Regards
Vikash

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Your child will still be Indian by descent.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.