ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by HELLO786 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:47 am

Salam need urgent advice guys.

I paid for my hubby visa last week but just got an email from the bank saying they did not authorise it as they thought it was fraud. Now when i try to go into the application to pay it says 'processed' but obviously it hasnt.

Does anyone know what should i do? are there any numbers to phone or email ???

Really concerned!
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

fades
Newly Registered

Post by fades » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Salam everyone.

I have read this forum quite few time in last few weeks and find it quite interesting and informative. I just like to share my experience with BHC. Visa timeline:- 28/01 from lahore visa stamped on 27 june. It took 5 month or so for them to actually in opening the case and may be a day or so to decide. I didnot use any solicitor and followed the visa guide provided more than required documents.

People were asking on this thread about consistent income - mine was not consistent at all and they dont look at the minimum amount earned in 6month but an average view multiply by 12. (as per appendix 2 guide line)

Attesting Passport:- You do not have to attest your British passport copies as they can access your file regardless but you do have to if you have a Pakistani passport (sponsor's).

Apart from the above if you guys need any help just let me know :).

Stay blessed

Fades

Beena

Post by Beena » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:37 pm

sophia20 wrote:Ask your solicitor to hun, they dont have to be specialing in immigration or anything, just say you need a solicitor for notary.. i would personally have all proofs of identity certified, ie passport, national insurance number copy etc.. also, any visa stamps that you may photocopy.. tbh whatever they say needs certifying, ask them to do so.. im.sorry i cant remember what i had certified, but i did get my solicitor to certify most.. doesnt cost much either tbh :)

Also, ask the same solicitor to write you a brief letter so u can attach with your case, outlining your name address dob, and just to say that you went to them for this reason, for a visa for ur hubby bla bla and that all documents are real, and sufficient enough for a visa
Thanks beena! Ill get all that done too. U lot are giving me more work to do lol
OK ni num copy aswell? Do I need that aswell?!! :?[/quote]

Lol i know hun its so stressful! It doesnt say that you have to, but whats the harm in including it? Just matches up with the NI number on payslips, i thought id include it.. youd rather have loads of paperwork and support and proof.. than have a case where theyre just wondering is there enough info provided and may well even put you on hold.. dont forget letters from your employers hun, just stating that you do work there, this many hours, the pay, and just a brief intro about you ie youre a good worker and always punctual and reliable etc.. a little icing on the cake lol!

I hope this helps someone! Some may think its unnecessary, but seeing as we are making the effort; we may aswel put the extra effort in, in the hope it is appreciated and considered.
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

Decision withdrawn before hearing

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Call in letter/IHS paid-1/12/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Collected-15/12/16 Alhamdulillah

mooty

Post by mooty » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Hello Fades, Thank you for you contributions.
few questions for you: which category have you applied? Are you a Salaried Employee? What evidence have you submitted in relation to English Language Requirement? What evidence have you submitted to prove your Earnings?

fades
Newly Registered

Post by fades » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:32 pm

mooty wrote:Hello Fades, Thank you for you contributions.
few questions for you: which category have you applied? Are you a Salaried Employee? What evidence have you submitted in relation to English Language Requirement? What evidence have you submitted to prove your Earnings?
Hi mooty

I am a salaried employee but my basic salary at the time of applying was 14k plus 6k in bonuses, therefore my monthly income was incosistant due to bonus payments. 6 month pay slips/bank statements, a letter from hmrc confirming your current employment and tax paid so far this year etc. (the letter will also confirm your address, dob etc which is bonus). also you can send your p60 etc to confirm your last year income if its above the required amount.

IELTS test (standard version).

dx6666
Newly Registered

Post by dx6666 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:48 pm

dx6666 wrote:Hi Guys,

Congratulations to everyone that got their visa's!!!

Im still waiting for my wife's visa we applied on 1st April 2014 and handed in documents on 4th April 2014. My wife missed 2 calls today from this number 051 201 2000, i had a look on the net and its Islamabad's British embassy number and she missed the call :(

The guys who had calls recently did u receive a call from the same number?
Do you think you would know why Islamabad will be calling her because we made our application in Lahore.

Thanks for your help guys
Hi Guys,

My wife received the call today and they told her to come in for a interview tomorrow in Islamabad and she applied from Lahore so shes going to be travelling there.

They said to her after her interview she will get her passport back, wonder what there gonna ask her?

Hope its good news..Pray for us inshallah..

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:51 pm

fades wrote:Salam everyone.

I have read this forum quite few time in last few weeks and find it quite interesting and informative. I just like
Attesting Passport:- You do not have to attest your British passport copies as they can access your file regardless but you do have to if you have a Pakistani passport (sponsor's). any help just let me know :).

Stay blessed

Fades
Congrats !!

When u say income wasnt consist do u mean net income didnt match debit etc?
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:55 pm

dx6666 wrote:

Im still waiting for my wife's visa we applied on 1st April 2014 and handed in documents on 4th April 2014. My wife missed 2 calls today from this number 051 201 2000, i had a look on the net and its Islamabad's British embassy number and she missed the call :(

Do you think you would know why Islamabad will be calling her because we made our application in Lahore.

Hi Guys,

My wife received the call today and they told her to come in for a interview tomorrow in Islamabad and she applied from Lahore so shes going to be travelling there.

They said to her after her interview she will get her passport back, wonder what there gonna ask her?

They will just ask her few questions abt her english test.
Where she took it , who she took it with , did anyone help her prepare for the English test, how much fee she paid for the english test and what her score was in the test.
She will be required to reply in English.
hope this helps, all the best.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:25 pm

dx6666 u lucky MA got call very early. I'm in my 23rd week hope i also get call. Don't know wat to do. Do email or stay calm
Pls Make dua guys for all us
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:58 pm

dx6666 wrote:

Hi Guys,

That's good news. Inshallah everything will be ok. By the way what english test did she do?

mooty

Post by mooty » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:08 pm

My wife didn't take any English Language Test. She has used exemption route by providing the her Master's degree certificate and the UK NARIC comparability report. The problem is that my wife can not speak English despite being postgraduate. I don't know whether she is likely to get the interview call. What everybody else think?

dx6666
Newly Registered

Post by dx6666 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:15 pm

phaara - Inshallah you will hear very soon and get the visa, 23 weeks is a very long time i emailed them after every month to get an update but got similar replies that everyone else gets from ukvi. Inshallah you will get an answer very soon.

alil2014 - we did Toeic A1 English from NTS

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:18 pm

I have read this forum quite few time in last few weeks and find it quite interesting and informative. I just like to share my experience with BHC. Visa timeline:- 28/01 from lahore visa stamped on 27 june. It took 5 month or so for them to actually in opening the case and may be a day or so to decide. I didnot use any solicitor and followed the visa guide provided more than required documents.

People were asking on this thread about consistent income - mine was not consistent at all and they dont look at the minimum amount earned in 6month but an average view multiply by 12. (as per appendix 2 guide line)

Attesting Passport:- You do not have to attest your British passport copies as they can access your file regardless but you do have to if you have a Pakistani passport (sponsor's).

Stay blessed

Fades
Thanks fades, does husbands Pakistani passport have to be attested aswell ?I'm the sponser!

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:29 pm

Beena wrote:
sophia20 wrote:Ask your solicitor to hun, they dont have to be specialing in immigration or anything, just say you need a solicitor for notary.. i would personally have all proofs of identity certified, ie passport, national insurance number copy etc.. also, any visa stamps that you may photocopy.. tbh whatever they say needs certifying, ask them to do so.. im.sorry i cant remember what i had certified, but i did get my solicitor to certify most.. doesnt cost much either tbh :)

Also, ask the same solicitor to write you a brief letter so u can attach with your case, outlining your name address dob, and just to say that you went to them for this reason, for a visa for ur hubby bla bla and that all documents are real, and sufficient enough for a visa
Thanks beena! Ill get all that done too. U lot are giving me more work to do lol
OK ni num copy aswell? Do I need that aswell?!! :?

Lol i know hun its so stressful! It doesnt say that you have to, but whats the harm in including it? Just matches up with the NI number on payslips, i thought id include it.. youd rather have loads of paperwork and support and proof.. than have a case where theyre just wondering is there enough info provided and may well even put you on hold.. dont forget letters from your employers hun, just stating that you do work there, this many hours, the pay, and just a brief intro about you ie youre a good worker and always punctual and reliable etc.. a little icing on the cake lol!

I hope this helps someone! Some may think its unnecessary, but seeing as we are making the effort; we may aswel put the extra effort in, in the hope it is appreciated and considered.[/quote]

Thanks beena lol i will include all the things u mentioned, like u said there's no harm in doing so. I'm going to be reapplying by Jan 2015 so I'm getting everything together slowly, everyday im finding something new out to include in paperwork lol this is fun lol

If anyone can help me on another thing, the property inspection report, where can I get that done? Estate agents? Do they have to be officially registered with someone? I was told yeh, but who?

Beena

Post by Beena » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:49 pm

sophia20 wrote:
Beena wrote:

OK ni num copy aswell? Do I need that aswell?!! :?

I hope this helps someone! Some may think its unnecessary, but seeing as we are making the effort; we may aswel put the extra effort in, in the hope it is appreciated and considered.
Thanks beena lol i will include all the things u mentioned, like u said there's no harm in doing so. I'm going to be reapplying by Jan 2015 so I'm getting everything together slowly, everyday im finding something new out to include in paperwork lol this is fun lol

If anyone can help me on another thing, the property inspection report, where can I get that done? Estate agents? Do they have to be officially registered with someone? I was told yeh, but who?

Youre welcome sis, iA next time round youll be more prepared and youll get your visa in no time.

Yep, go to your local estate agent, every official company is already registeted anyways.. its about £50
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

Decision withdrawn before hearing

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Call in letter/IHS paid-1/12/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Collected-15/12/16 Alhamdulillah

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:53 pm

dx6666 wrote:phaara - Inshallah you will hear very soon and get the visa, 23 weeks is a very long time i emailed them after every month to get an update but got similar replies that everyone else gets from ukvi. Inshallah you will get an answer very soon.

It seems that all people being called for interviews are due to taking english test with ETS/ TOIEC certificate or tests done via NTS. My wife has done the Cambridge KET test, so hopefully there shouldn't be a delay on that part. I'm looking to apply in 2 weeks time inshallah.

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:17 pm

Sophia20- sorry for the delay in replying.
I will forward you the details of the estate agent I used.
At work right now so will forward you the details tonight.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

fades
Newly Registered

Post by fades » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:23 pm

When u say income wasnt consist do u mean net income didnt match debit etc?[/quote]

what i meant was variable income. Someone asked in the forum earlier that they look at the minimum amount earned in a month and than multiply with 12. :)

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:35 pm

dx6666 wrote:phaara - Inshallah you will hear very soon and get the visa, 23 weeks is a very long time i emailed them after every month to get an update but got similar replies that everyone else gets from ukvi. Inshallah you will get an answer very soon.

Ameen inshaALLAH.
I've also sent few emails to ukvi but as usual almost same replies that's why don't know to email them or what to do guys.?

Wel i also did toeic A1 via nts and i think they are calling to thoes for interview who did toeic A1
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

Taqi512
Newly Registered

Post by Taqi512 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:55 pm

AoA would you have the email address of these people please since I have applied long time ago and there's no news so far! Wish you all the best. Ramzan Kareem Mubarik

Saadmohd
Newly Registered

Post by Saadmohd » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Assalam Alaikum All,

I have been following this thread for over 7 months now while my wife's visa application was in process.

First Application: Applied 28 Nov from Karachi
Refused: Mid March due to English Language Requirement

Reapplied: 8th May 2014 from Karachi
Documents Submitted: 16th May in Karachi
Call for Collection on 12th June
Collected on 13th June, Visa granted, stamped on 10th June

I have found a lot of comfort in reading your posts, and pray that Inshallah all your visa applications are processed quickly.

I did a lot of thorough reading for the application, and would like to share my contents list with you in the hope it may guide some of you.

Contents

Section A: Applicant Information
1. Applicant’s Letter of Introduction
2. Application Form
3. Appendix 2
4. Previous Application Refusal Letter
5. Passport with 2 passport size photographs
6. Previous Passport
7. Original NIC Card/Letter stating name of Spouse
8. Original Birth Certificate
9. English Language Proficiency
- a. IELTS Test Results Certificate
- b. Results Comparison Snapshot from UKBA website

10. Tuberculosis Test Certificate
11. Biometric Information

Section B: Sponsor Information
1. Sponsor’s Letter of Introduction
2. Copy of British Passport (New)
3. Copy of British Passport (Old)
4. Original Birth Certificate
5. Employment and Financial Information
- a. Payslips from last 8 months
- b. P60 from Tax Year 2012/13
- c. Bank Account Statement for last 8 months showing deposited wages
- d. Letter from Current Employer

6. Accommodation
- a. Original Tenancy Agreement
- b. Letter from Property Owner

Section C: Applicant-Sponsor Relationship
1. Marriage
- a. Original Marriage Certificate
- b. Attested English Translation
- c. Photos from Nikkah (Mosque)
- d. Photos from Nikkah Reception (with details on family members)

2. Intervening Devotion
- a. Covering Letter
- b. Flight tickets for December 2013/January 2014
- c. Flight tickets for May 2014
- d. Payment and Delivery Receipts for Gift sent on Valentine’s Day (Flowers and Card)
- e. Payment and Delivery Receipts for Gift sent on Birthday (Cake)
- f. Whatsapp Log (Messaging)
- g. Viber Log (Voice Calls)
- h. Skype Log (Video Calls)
- i. Facebook Chat Log
- j. Email Log
- k. Casual Photos
Last edited by Saadmohd on Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fades
Newly Registered

Post by fades » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:08 pm

sophia20 wrote:

Stay blessed

Fades
Thanks fades, does husbands Pakistani passport have to be attested aswell ?I'm the sponser!
Hi

No, because he is submitting the orignal passport :)

regards

Fades

Saadmohd
Newly Registered

Post by Saadmohd » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:14 pm

...and my Applicant's Cover Letter:

Name
Address
KARACHI, Pakistan
Phone

XX May 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, NAME (Pakistani Citizen, born xxxx, Passport xxxx), would like to apply for a settlement visa to the UK in order to be able to join and live permanently with my husband, NAME (British Citizen, born xxxx, Passport number xxxx) who is currently residing and employed in the UK on a permanent basis.

My husband and I first met at my residence in Karachi on DATE, in the company of our parents. We got married in Karachi on the DATE, and for the next 8 months or so since, we have thoroughly enjoyed each other’s company. My husband is currently employed by a multi-national company. Since we have been married, we have communicated with each other on a daily basis. Saad also spent his Winter holidays here with me, and is again coming to see me in May for two and a half weeks. I am hoping to be able to join him on his return flight back to the UK.

I am confident that my husband will be able to comfortably support me financially, and otherwise, in the UK.

I have attached all the necessary documentation as required, including a table of contents for your assistance. If you have any questions regarding the application or the documents provided, please feel free to contact me or my husband at any time.

I look forward to hearing positively from you very soon.

Yours Sincerely,

NAME
Last edited by Saadmohd on Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:25 pm

fades wrote:
sophia20 wrote:

Stay blessed

Fades
Hi

No, because he is submitting the orignal passport :)

regards

Fades
Oh yeh! Lol sorry lol

mooty

Post by mooty » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:29 pm

Hello Saad,
Thank you for chipping in. Could you give us bit of information on the grounds for refusal on English Language please?