ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about returning resident visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrploddy
Newly Registered

Question about returning resident visa

Post by mrploddy » Sun May 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Hi guys,

This is just a very quick question about the returning resident visa.

We're currently in the UK with my wife now on FLR(M) as described in another post. My wife want's us to move back to her country in the not too distant future - next 1 - 5 years - we've not moved yet due to various personal and financial issues.

My question is - we're hoping that we're going to be blessed with children in the not too distant future and just thinking ahead - there is a situation where our child(ren) might want to study in the UK at a UK uiversity (obviously they will have dual nationality). To qualify for for home fees level we would need to live her for 3 years so might need to come back to live in the UK in 10 - 15 years time.

As it stands my wife doesn't have the necessary English level to get SET(M) but just wondering if I should push her now to get ILR ot make life easy for ourselves as I'm sure that spouse visa applications are only going to get harder and harder to get.

I know from reading around that if you have ILR and don't come back to the UK for 2 years that your ILR will lapse but the returning resident visa allows you to take up your ILR again. You have to prove you have "ties to the UK".

My question is what will qualify as a "tie to the uk" for my wife

a) My Parents still living here?

b) Me owning property?

is it worth pushing for ILR now to make our lives easier down the line or would we have to start from scratch again ?

-mrploddy

mhent

Re: Question about returning resident visa

Post by mhent » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:35 am

If you want to travel to live abroad then she should really aim to get British citizenship first. Returning resident visa is not great if she will be outside for more than 2 years, if you will be living outside of the UK aswell then its very hard to argue that you are a tie for her