ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family member Brother--Urgent Please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

EEA Family member Brother--Urgent Please

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi folks,

I am a British citizen via naturalization route.I want to sponsor my brother via EEA Family permit.He is dependent on me because i pay all his uni fee and other expenses.He is 24 years old and living in Pakistan.He has been in uk about 2 years ago on family visitor visa.

Please guide me can i apply for him as EEA family member.

Thanks in anticipation !

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Family member Brother--Urgent Please

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:22 pm

If you have British Citizenship you can't sponsor him under EEA regulations.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Casa wrote:If you have British Citizenship you can't sponsor him under EEA regulations.
Thanks Casa for your swift reply.

If some one is having any European country passport and living in their respective country.Can they sponser any of thier extended family memeber .eg cousin.

OR

They need to be an EU national and present in UK and doing full time job to sponsor any one from Pakistan as an extended family member.

Please advise.Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:27 pm

No, you need to shift your centre of life to your new EU state for around 12 months before returning.

This option is now a lot more difficult than it used to be.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm not sure if this centre of life requirement is lawful. It needs to be challenged.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:40 pm

Amber wrote:I'm not sure if this centre of life requirement is lawful. It needs to be challenged.

Hi Amber,

In what sense you think it should be challenged ....I have seen some cases on the forum with directive they husband got the spouse EU things sort out after just living three months in Ireland. It might be old story now .

Thx