ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

where to go next after EEA4?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LEOUK
Newly Registered

where to go next after EEA4?

Post by LEOUK » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:24 pm

HELLO,
I would like to find out what I need to do next in order to recieve naturalisation and get a british passport or PR?
I`m Belarussian and my wife is Polish(residence permit for a national of a member state of the EEC-date of issue 22/05/2006, valid until- indefinite) . In 01/09/2007 we got married and I`ve recieved a spoused visa for 6 months, then I`ve applied for EEA4, after almost 17 months i`ve recived it (date of issue 20/08/09 valid till 20/08/14). I`m not sure what I should apply for first and what form I should use?pls let me know if you know the answer..
Regards

Hubba

Re: where to go next after EEA4?

Post by Hubba » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:11 am

LEOUK wrote:HELLO,
I would like to find out what I need to do next in order to recieve naturalisation and get a british passport or PR?
I`m Belarussian and my wife is Polish(residence permit for a national of a member state of the EEC-date of issue 22/05/2006, valid until- indefinite) . In 01/09/2007 we got married and I`ve recieved a spoused visa for 6 months, then I`ve applied for EEA4, after almost 17 months i`ve recived it (date of issue 20/08/09 valid till 20/08/14). I`m not sure what I should apply for first and what form I should use?pls let me know if you know the answer..
Regards
Hello,

From what you have described, you currently hold a EEA2 (residence card), not EEA4 (permanent residence card). You should now apply for a EEA4 (permanent residence card).

LEOUK
Newly Registered

Post by LEOUK » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:31 pm

thanks for your reply,
yes that`s right i`ve got EEA2 , however i would like to know if me and my wife can apply for naturalisation straight away or do i need to apply for EEA4 first? if i`ll be able to apply for naturalisation straight away, will the home office send me some sort of documents confirming my stay/status in the uk? as my EEA2 expire date is 20/08/14
regards

majamcr

Post by majamcr » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:24 pm

You can apply straight for British Citizenship (after 6 years in the UK if your wife has been continuously exercising EU treaty rights during that period ) without applying for PR card via EEA4. However you will have to prove that you have acquired PR status at least 12 months prior to your BC application. Unfortunately, you will get no certificate of application confirming your right to work while your BC applications is ongoing.

LEOUK
Newly Registered

Post by LEOUK » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am

Good morning
Thanks for your quick reply
Can you please explain how can i proof my 12 months PR if I haven't applied for it previously
Thanks in advance

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:28 am

Simply by providing the documents you will have given the Home office in order to obtain Pr. Docs such as 5 years proof of address & the EEA treaty rights during those 5 years. EEA must not have been absent for more than 6 month in a year during those 5 years.
GOD BLESS!!!

majamcr

Post by majamcr » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:28 am

Well, you will have to send the documents that you would have sent for the EEA4 previously. There is a section in the application for British Citizenship that covers this -- they basically ask you what you and your EEA sponsor have been doing in the previous 6 years.

LEOUK
Newly Registered

Post by LEOUK » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Thanks for all your advice
If I understand correctly
All what we need:
Passports
Marriage certificate
Proof of address for last 6 years (tenancy agreement and council tax bills for last 6 years)
6 years of proof that my wife was working (6xp60)
Life in the UK test for both of us
English speaking and listening certificate for both of us
Is it right?
Or I missing something. Do I need to send my proof of work?
Please someone confirm
If you have any other advice please share....
Thanks

majamcr

Post by majamcr » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Your list of documents sounds good. I think you don't have to send your proof of employment but it cannot harm as an additional proof of continuous residence.

LEOUK
Newly Registered

Post by LEOUK » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:41 am

majamcr wrote:Your list of documents sounds good. I think you don't have to send your proof of employment but it cannot harm as an additional proof of continuous residence.
Thank you very much for your respond