ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER-1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA REFUSED DUE TO DECEPTION

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinay.k
Newly Registered

TIER-1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA REFUSED DUE TO DECEPTION

Post by vinay.k » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:59 am

Hi,

I applied for a Tier-1 Entrepreneur Visa and it was refused as Deception. I got all the required points for the application but I forgot to disclose my driving conviction a year ago as I though we doesnt need to disclose driving convictions. I was fined and banned for 6 months for driving on Provisional license without insurance. I paid the fine and spent the 6 months ban a year ago. Now my application was refused under deception with an appeal offer. Could someone plzzz...suggest me what to do now and what chances I have to cover myself as its was a human error. More over on the application it was not mentioned as including driving offences so I havent disclosed it.

GURUS...Please suggest me under what points I can apply for appeal...

Thanks,
Vinay

attahaas
India

Re: TIER-1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA REFUSED DUE TO DECEPTION

Post by attahaas » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:14 am

vinay.k wrote:Hi,

I applied for a Tier-1 Entrepreneur Visa and it was refused as Deception. I got all the required points for the application but I forgot to disclose my driving conviction a year ago as I though we doesnt need to disclose driving convictions. I was fined and banned for 6 months for driving on Provisional license without insurance. I paid the fine and spent the 6 months ban a year ago. Now my application was refused under deception with an appeal offer. Could someone plzzz...suggest me what to do now and what chances I have to cover myself as its was a human error. More over on the application it was not mentioned as including driving offences so I havent disclosed it.

Thanks,
Vinay
Vinay, sorry to hear that. DECEPTION is a strong word to appeal. But, I believe a reputed and experienced immigration lawyer would be your best bet in this case.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:47 am

Thanks,
Vinay
Hello Vinay,

I would say bad luck because people usually do not put in their application about points BUT in your case when you say banned for 6 months then i think you supposed to mention in your application form. Now get a good solicitor.

BEST OF LUCK

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:21 pm

as far I know driving offenses are not needed to be disclosed unless custodial sentences.

you should read the refusal carefully if they actually talked about your driving offence, to the best of my knowledge it has never happened in the past where somebody got done for driving offence as yours.
thanks,

nothappywithukba
Newly Registered

Post by nothappywithukba » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi Vinay,

Unless it was for another more serious offence other than driving conviction and ban, i do not think there is any rule against declaring conviction. so what you need to do is to get a lawyer to fight the case with you.

You have a good chance of winning as most of this caseworkers do not know much but operate our cases without use of initiative or getting clarification from their line managers before refusing applications.

Goodluck

Thanks,
Vinay

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:34 pm

nothappywithukba wrote:Hi Vinay,

Unless it was for another more serious offence other than driving conviction and ban, i do not think there is any rule against declaring conviction. so what you need to do is to get a lawyer to fight the case with you.

You have a good chance of winning as most of this caseworkers do not know much but operate our cases without use of initiative or getting clarification from their line managers before refusing applications.

Goodluck

Thanks,
Vinay
i believe u were banned by a court.

So it's a serious offence. u should mentioned it.

Only penalty points not need to be disclosed but if given by court than u must tell them.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided