ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZsaMann
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by ZsaMann » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:58 am

Hi guys! As ive said im a newbie. :-)

Anyonw who got the same status as i have?
●on PSW
●been under Tier4
●Submitting FLR FP

What are the documents have you submitted to strengthen your application?

Thank you!

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:24 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Rubablu wrote:Hi All
Congratulations to those who have been granted to stay and praying for them who have been waiting.
i am in UK more then 7 years in student visa with my son and wife.
I am going to apply under 7 years rules with my son. I have some questions to know if some one can help.
a) Do we need to filled 3 FLR(FP) form or just one ?
b) who would be the main applicant ?
c) Is bank statement mandatory or 3 months pay slip can do ? Do we need any maintenance fund ?

Thanks for your help.
It's better to hire a qualified solicitor for your application. As your case is not straightforward and none of u r BC.

U will be the main applicant as before and your wife and kid will be your dependent.

U need to fill in only one flr fp form but need to pay for 3 people . one main applicant 2 dependents.

U also need to fill Private life in the UK 10 year route section

If dependents include than u need to photocopy that section(section 10 i believe) 2 times as 2 dependents r applying with u .

Regards
Thanks Zee ali for your kind advice

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:28 pm

@Kukuwife, Shondra, Believe and everyone else, sorry i have not been active as i ought to, its just that i needed to do something else to get my mind off these games the HO are playing.

After my refusal last November, i filed in a appeal at the upper tribunal in January only to get a reply from the court which was decided by a kangaroo judge last month saying he upheld the decision of the HO.

I jumped on the internet to find out more about the so called judge and all i could find are negative feedbacks portraying him as a dearly beloved/ prejudice judge being used as a tool by the HO.

Anyways, i have appealed against that decision to the Upper tribunal for a oral hearing which was granted under a week. I am waiting for the date which has been set for late September for the oral hearing.

I have been asking myself if its worth it to continue living in the UK after i have been granted the 2.5 yrs hopefully. I can't imagine myself spending another 10 yrs on a temporary status and having to go through the tortue of renewal every 2.5 yrs thats if the rules/ laws don't change before the 10 years.

I pray that the HO and the government make a mistake that will advance and favour us all in the name of Jesus!

It is well!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:15 pm

hatchsead wrote:@Kukuwife, Shondra, Believe and everyone else, sorry i have not been active as i ought to, its just that i needed to do something else to get my mind off these games the HO are playing.

After my refusal last November, i filed in a appeal at the upper tribunal in January only to get a reply from the court which was decided by a kangaroo judge last month saying he upheld the decision of the HO.

I jumped on the internet to find out more about the so called judge and all i could find are negative feedbacks portraying him as a dearly beloved/ prejudice judge being used as a tool by the HO.

Anyways, i have appealed against that decision to the Upper tribunal for a oral hearing which was granted under a week. I am waiting for the date which has been set for late September for the oral hearing.

I have been asking myself if its worth it to continue living in the UK after i have been granted the 2.5 yrs hopefully. I can't imagine myself spending another 10 yrs on a temporary status and having to go through the tortue of renewal every 2.5 yrs thats if the rules/ laws don't change before the 10 years.

I pray that the HO and the government make a mistake that will advance and favour us all in the name of Jesus!

It is well!
I understanding fully what you are saying good friend, the battle is not for us but for God and we shall all be victorious. Hopefully HO will withdraw from UT and do the needful
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:35 pm

Afternoon all,

@Hatchsead am sorry to hear that but I hope the oral hearing goes well for you.Every cycle has a start point and an end point. Who would have predicted Brazil's 7- 1 drubbing by Germany the other night (apologies to any Brazilian members, I couldn't resist) - Well the underlying message is be strong and focused (This applies to everyone waiting, refused/appealing/renewing) As far fetched as it may seem/sound; we will get there in the end and live to tell our stories. All the best. Thank you Kukuwife for being a stalwart member and a fountain of knowledge! We have our own version of 'Google' in you. Keep up the good work:lol:
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:39 pm

One of my friend got refusal today

Been here for 7 years legally with kids. Child is 4 days short to complete 7 years when applied. Still they refused not spend 7 years.

His timeline is

Applied : 9 may 2014
Bio and ECHR letter Received: 22 may 2014
Bio Given: 29 may 2014
Refusal Received by sol 9th july 2014 (dated 7th july 2014).

Usual crap not been here for 20 years, Not spend half of life. Child can move to home country and start a new life there blah blah.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:51 pm

@zee ali sorry for your friends refusal. Even child spend 7 years in uk, they refused. Basically refusal is their policy. Need to fight until the end. No worry its a matter of time, your friend will be granted. God bless.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:19 pm

Commiserations to your friend Zee Ali. Well there is nothing the Judiciary system can't sort out. Very ironic they make up all these intricate laws and clauses yet they don't fully understand them . Given an opportunity, wishful thinking, I know; I would like to question/quiz the SSHD on her understanding of a lot of the clauses and articles in the new Immigration Act 2014, where is Jeremy Paxman when you need him!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:44 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Commiserations to your friend Zee Ali. Well there is nothing the Judiciary system can't sort out. Very ironic they make up all these intricate laws and clauses yet they don't fully understand them . Given an opportunity, wishful thinking, I know; I would like to question/quiz the SSHD on her understanding of a lot of the clauses and articles in the new Immigration Act 2014, where is Jeremy Paxman when you need him!
Believe2013 you are one of the highly respected on the forum and your opinions really counts thanks for the encouragement. You briefly mention the new immigration act 2014 which I know you must have read with keen interest. The SSHD is making life difficult for herself not for us. She has introduce or should I say substitute some of the wordings in the paragraph that relate to private and family life probably to suite her, While all the policies still remain the same. Now she has the right to deport without any remorse for pending appeals...... One way or the other backing herself up with legislation and parliamentary privileges. Anyway, The Lord is our strength He will see us through.
Please if you will like to read the fully new statement of changes in immigration rules here is the link: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... hc-532.pdf
please read and try to understand I will not be in a position to provide explanation I hope you understand but we can discuss together on it.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:53 pm

haha thanks Kukuwife, I feel like we should grow this mutual appreciation society of ours and take on a few members. No seriously thank you. I have gone over the immigration act 2014 with a fine tooth comb since it's promulgation end of May 2014. I totally agree with you the entire process has been skewed by SSHD. The limited use and if not the entire omission of the key phrases/words in most instances such as compassionate, tolerant, discretion and proportionate heightened my suspicions further. I am no lawyer and do not profess to be one, but common sense dictates that for any immigration system to be deemed fair and transparent those words deserve a mention in the procedures. Perhaps, I am naive? What I also find very uncanny is the use of junior inexperienced judges in the Upper Tribunals! They seem to have a massive problem with impartiality and this is having a profound negative effect on our appeals. ' Very true about the saying 'if you are paying peanuts you will get monkeys' Watch this space with further cost cuts looming.... I am a firm believer of God and know for sure I cannot fight this battle without him!

Kiran khan
Newly Registered

Post by Kiran khan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:09 am

@ ladybird. I ve the same situation as your. But I applied when my visa expires on 30-06-14 please update me what happens with you next. Thanks.
And thanks for kukuwife for your suggestion.

subtlegirl

Post by subtlegirl » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi all, I've been reading this thread for a while now and was wondering if I could have some advice.

I came to this country age 16 then left to finish my exams and returned age 17 in 2000.

When I came here it was to live with my mum who had indefinite leave to remain at the time. When we rang the home office for advice regarding my application I was informed that I would not qualify. We soon learnt this was poor advice.

I stayed on as a student and became an over stayer in 2007. A lot was going on then.

I'm now pregnant and I've decided to apply for fp on the grounds of 1. Wrongful advice and being eligible at the point of entry 2. Long Stay in the UK. I came here as a child my mum has no property in my home country and I'd be homeless should I return. I have very little ties with my country my aunt and grandmother who look after me have since left the country. 3. I lost my first baby he is buried in our local cemetery whose grave I visit often.

I was refused because I did not meet their criteria and they did not acknowledged that I was eligible for leave to remain at the point of entry at all.

We are now going for judicial review.

I just need to know because I really have a lot at stake here. Your advice would be appreciated.

Do I have a strong case?

P.S. I quickly type this up so there could be a few errors

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:52 pm

subtlegirl wrote:Hi all, I've been reading this thread for a while now and was wondering if I could have some advice.

I came to this country age 16 then left to finish my exams and returned age 17 in 2000.

When I came here it was to live with my mum who had indefinite leave to remain at the time. When we rang the home office for advice regarding my application I was informed that I would not qualify. We soon learnt this was poor advice.

I stayed on as a student and became an over stayer in 2007. A lot was going on then.

I'm now pregnant and I've decided to apply for fp on the grounds of 1. Wrongful advice and being eligible at the point of entry 2. Long Stay in the UK. I came here as a child my mum has no property in my home country and I'd be homeless should I return. I have very little ties with my country my aunt and grandmother who look after me have since left the country. 3. I lost my first baby he is buried in our local cemetery whose grave I visit often.

I was refused because I did not meet their criteria and they did not acknowledged that I was eligible for leave to remain at the point of entry at all.

I just need to know because I really have a lot at stake here. Your advice would be appreciated.

Do I have a strong case?

Hello Subtlegirl,

Welcome to this forum. Sorry about your refusal. If I may ask, is ur baby daddy to be a British? If yes, I would advice you to have the baby first and submit a fresh application based on the baby.

Have you applied for judicial review? And what were the readons for your refusal if you don't mind please.

subtlegirl

Post by subtlegirl » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:06 pm

bsmith13 wrote:
subtlegirl wrote:Hi all, I've been reading this thread for a while now and was wondering if I could have some advice.

Do I have a strong case?

Hello Subtlegirl,

Welcome to this forum. Sorry about your refusal. If I may ask, is ur baby daddy to be a British? If yes, I would advice you to have the baby first and submit a fresh application based on the baby.

Have you applied for judicial review? And what were the readons for your refusal if you don't mind please.
Thanks for the quick reply. No the dad is not British unfortunately.

The reasons for my refusal are

1. They said for the 17 years and 11 months I spent in my country I'd built sufficient ties there. (Note I'm my mother's only child and I do not have a close relationship with my father)

2. I do not live here for 20 years nor do I meet the half a life criteria.

3. No restriction to visit baby (bare on mind travelling back to the UK will be difficult

they did not address the fact that I was eligible for ILR at the point of entry, poor advice meant I did not apply. They said nothing about this.

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:20 pm

subtlegirl wrote:
bsmith13 wrote:

Do I have a strong case?

Hello Subtlegirl,

Thanks for the quick reply. No the dad is not British unfortunately.

The reasons for my refusal are

1. They said for the 17 years and 11 months I spent in my country I'd built sufficient ties there. (Note I'm my mother's only child and I do not have a close relationship with my father)

2. I do not live here for 20 years nor do I meet the half a life criteria.

3. No restriction to visit baby (bare on mind travelling back to the UK will be difficult

they did not address the fact that I was eligible for ILR at the point of entry, poor advice meant I did not apply. They said nothing about this.
Hi Subtlegirl,

Does the dad have any leave as in in uk legally? Have u lodged your JR?

subtlegirl

Post by subtlegirl » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:27 pm

bsmith13 wrote:
Hi Subtlegirl,

No he's not in the UK legally either.

I'm about to lodge my judicial review. Do you think I have a case as I was eligible for leave to remain at the time of entry at all or would this nor be sufficient?

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:29 pm

subtlegirl wrote:
bsmith13 wrote:
Hi Subtlegirl,

I'm about to lodge my judicial review. Do you think I have a case as I was eligible for leave to remain at the time of entry at all or would this nor be sufficient?
Have u done ur pap and what was the response?

subtlegirl

Post by subtlegirl » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:38 pm

bsmith13 wrote:
subtlegirl wrote:
bsmith13 wrote:
Hi Subtlegirl,

Have u done ur pap and what was the response?
Yes I've done the PAP letter and no response as yet. My 3 month deadline is early August.

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:33 pm

@ Subtlegirl I think you might well have a case. During my pap process as well I got a reply after 2 months sticking to the refusal and I have lodged my jr now in God's hand. Good luck with your case

subtlegirl

Post by subtlegirl » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:43 pm

bsmith13 wrote:@ Subtlegirl I think you might well have a case. During my pap process as well I got a reply after 2 months sticking to the refusal and I have lodged my jr now in God's hand. Good luck with your case
Thanks @bsmith13

I hope I have good enough grounds.

narrow
Newly Registered

Post by narrow » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:01 am

I need some advise as I am new on here.

I am turning 18 in October and I have been living in the UK from the age of 12. I am currently an overstayer but would like to apply for leave to remain. Can you please let me know if I have a case and what my options are?

Thanks in advance

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:33 am

narrow wrote:I need some advise as I am new on here.

I am turning 18 in October and I have been living in the UK from the age of 12. I am currently an overstayer but would like to apply for leave to remain. Can you please let me know if I have a case and what my options are?

Thanks in advance
Hello Narrow,

Welcome to this forum. Apparently I case is a tough one don't be scared I didn't mean to scare u. By the time u're 18, you would ve used 6 years which the requirement is 7 years. Do you have any parent living in this country and what is their immigration status or apparently who are you living with at the moment and what have you done so far since you've been living here as education history.

narrow
Newly Registered

Post by narrow » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:31 am

@bsmith13 I currently live with my sister who is in the armed forces. She is my legal guardian.My parents don't live in the UK.

narrow
Newly Registered

Post by narrow » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:58 am

narrow wrote:@bsmith13 I currently live with my sister who is in the armed forces. She is my legal guardian.My parents don't live in the UK.
@bsmith13 I cannot access the message you sent.

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:23 am

narrow wrote:
narrow wrote:@bsmith13 I currently live with my sister who is in the armed forces. She is my legal guardian.My parents don't live in the UK.
@bsmith13 I cannot access the message you sent.
Apparently, I didn't send you any message. Seriously your case is a bit hard because the home office my be claiming your parents are back in your home country and they expect you to return. The only option is living half of your life here which is gonna be in the next 6 years. What are you going to be doing till then? Any plans of going to uni. Assuming you've used 7 years, it would have been better. But with God nothing is impossible have faith.