ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:hello All,

applied SAR on 28/05/14
acknowledgement received on 09/06/14
amount debited of account 23/06/14

and now still waiting for my SAR.are these 40 working days or just 40 days because its over forty days now.

thanks
I think they count 40 days from the date of their acknowledgement. I applied on 6th May, received acknowledgment on 24th May. Amount debited on 1st June and received documents on the 23rd June.
thanks mate if this is the case then i must wait good few more days

Sergeant123
Newly Registered

Post by Sergeant123 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi All,

do you know what are the rules on this forum for being able to use the private message feature? Do we have to have a certain number of posts before this feature is activated on the user account?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:48 pm

boyb82 wrote:

When did u submit ??
I made application in Marc 2014. Bio metric was done on 20 March. My passports and English certificate was already with UKBA

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:11 pm

Insomnia wrote:
happy1982 wrote:what is maintenance requirement for applying for 10 years long residency and rough waiting times now a days?
No requirements at all related to maintenance
Average waiting time 16-18 weeks

did u apply 28 days earlier? of your qualifying 10 years from your first entry to UK,???
or you compelted full 10 years ??
plz reply
thanks
helostar

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:14 pm

March_LR14 wrote:
yas01 wrote:With the grace of all mighty i have received my approval letter yesterday, hope i will get the BRP card soon. Don't have words to express how relieved i am. This forum is brilliant and i appreciate all the efforts from everybody here to help each other.

congratulations to those who have received their visa and those waiting good luck to them.

timeline on spreadsheet.

once again thanks all.
Many Congratulations. You and i received approval on the same day.

Did you receive your BRP today?

As i am still waiting for it.

Regards
congrats :)
did you apply 28 days earlier?? of completing of your 10 years from your first entry to UK thanks
????

regards
helostar

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:12 am

shahfurqan wrote:hello All,

applied SAR on 28/05/14
acknowledgement received on 09/06/14
amount debited of account 23/06/14

and now still waiting for my SAR.are these 40 working days or just 40 days because its over forty days now.

thanks
I applied SAR on 21/05/14
acknowledgement received on 28/05/14

I received SAR in post on 08/07/14 almost 8 days after 40 days even though the acknowledgement said I'll get a reply in 40 days.

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:27 am

helostar wrote:
Insomnia wrote:
happy1982 wrote:what is maintenance requirement for applying for 10 years long residency and rough waiting times now a days?
No requirements at all related to maintenance
Average waiting time 16-18 weeks

did u apply 28 days earlier? of your qualifying 10 years from your first entry to UK,???
or you compelted full 10 years ??
plz reply
thanks
helostar
I applied about 20 days before my 10 years completed (within 28 Days Rule).

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:42 pm

Any update today ???

sams99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sams99 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:43 pm

Hello All,

My ILR got rejected today the problem out of time application as HO was unable to deduct money from my card in previous application. Hence 2 Months Gap introduced .... result refusal.

Moral of story always send Postal Order along your application.

Best of luck to all who are waiting, and I shall keep you all posted as things unfold for me later on.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:10 pm

sams99 wrote:Hello All,

My ILR got rejected today the problem out of time application as HO was unable to deduct money from my card in previous application. Hence 2 Months Gap introduced .... result refusal.

Best of luck to all who are waiting, and I shall keep you all posted as things unfold for me later on.
Sorry to hear that and hope you will get visa in appeal. Make sure do not give up and do appeal because in past few people won appeal because they had money in their accounts and home was unable to deduct and outcome refuse but they won in appeal.
I think you will win if you be able to prove that you had enough money when you applied and home office unable to collect because one of their staff put wrong number in. Regards

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:31 pm

I am very sorry to hear that, May allah help you in your future. I guess you applied on 3 March 2014...

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:41 pm

So sorry to hear about your refusal Sams99, I wish you best of luck with your appeal, you have come so far, don't give up now and be patient, I will pray for you.

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Mrs P what happened to yours case ???

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Guys to just quick update,

I rang today home office and again got same standard reply your application is under process.

Well do not know how long will it take.

regards

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:20 pm

boyb82 wrote:Mrs P what happened to yours case ???
I am still waiting for UT decision, I am sincerely hoping it comes after my ILR decision.

Hassan5805, I can understand how you are feeling, we just have to bear it.

ecoman
Newly Registered

Post by ecoman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:34 pm

hello sams99. sorry to hear your refusal. if you research yourself you will find grounds to appeal. if u have not got right of appeal judicial review is the way forward but expensive. merely payment not gone through is not your fault.
only you can understand your case better.
dont give up and best of luck.

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:37 pm

hi!!

Just called HO and got the same standard reply. 'Pending application' and not with any case officer yet. Allah knows the best when this loooooooooooong waiting will be over.
regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:56 pm

ecoman wrote:hello sams99. sorry to hear your refusal. if you research yourself you will find grounds to appeal. if u have not got right of appeal judicial review is the way forward but expensive. merely payment not gone through is not your fault.
only you can understand your case better.
dont give up and best of luck.
Hi sam99!!

I'm so sorry to hear your application outcome. I fully agree with ecoman. All you have proof that you had sufficient money on the corresponding bank account (if it was a debit card) or try to get a letter from the card company stating that they had no reason to refuse that transaction (if it was a credit card). Above all, show proof that you have given them the right card number/details in your application form while sending it. I hope the case will be in your favour.

regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:07 pm

@sam

Sorry to hear this news but don't worry appeal against this decision ... In the end you will definetly get it ...
I have read your story on page 796 0r 795 ?
May I know did they give you right to appeal ?

Thanks

Shah

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:08 pm

I am sorry to hear about your refusal. Like others i will suggest u to look carefully through your immigration history and you think that card payment decline is the sole reason of your refusal than you have a great chance of winning your appeal.

Don't lose hope. You will get your freedom soon.

Regards

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:13 pm

march_ilr wrote:hi!!

Just called HO and got the same standard reply. 'Pending application' and not with any case officer yet. Allah knows the best when this loooooooooooong waiting will be over.
regards;
march_ilr
Hi,

The day before i got my approval. I called HO in late afternoon and the lady said my application is still incomplete and the same evening my special delivery tracking status changed to ''It's on its way''.

The point is my approval letter is dated 03-07-2014 and i rang HO on 07 July and their system was saying application not completed which shows HO customer service does not have up to date information on their system.

So keep up your hopes and if you sent a prepaid envelope than keep tracking it. You should get your decision this week hopefully.

@hassan5805 bro your will get the good news soon. My prayers are with you.

Regards

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:16 pm

helostar wrote:
March_LR14 wrote:
yas01 wrote:With the grace of all mighty i have received my approval letter yesterday, hope i will get the BRP card soon. Don't have words to express how relieved i am. This forum is brilliant and i appreciate all the efforts from everybody here to help each other.

congratulations to those who have received their visa and those waiting good luck to them.

timeline on spreadsheet.

once again thanks all.
Many Congratulations. You and i received approval on the same day.

Did you receive your BRP today?

As i am still waiting for it.

Regards
congrats :)
did you apply 28 days earlier?? of completing of your 10 years from your first entry to UK thanks
????

regards
helostar
Hi helostar,

I applied 27 days before my first entry date. I hope this helps you in your case.

Regards

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Guys changes to immigration rules introduced today with application from tomorrow :shock:

A few small changes to SET (LR) nothing that should affect the majority of us. Have a look here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -july-2014

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:52 pm

march_ilr wrote:hi!!

regards;
march_ilr
Whats their contact number?

And whats best time to call whe its not busy

the guy
Newly Registered

Post by the guy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:53 pm

@sams99,
Sorry to hear your application was refused. Do not give up, keep trying i am sure you will win your appeal.
It is not over until you win.
Best of luck
The guy