ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information Required on Duration

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wp2_hsmp
Newly Registered

Information Required on Duration

Post by wp2_hsmp » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for HSMP visa and wanted to know the following

1) Once HSMP application is approved, we get 6 months to get it stamped on the passport. So in the visa what would be the start and end date? Will it be the HSMP application approval date or the stamped date?
2) Another question is once the visa is stamped in the passport, do we get 6 months to enter UK? If yes, then can I assume the following are true?
- HSMP approval: Oct 2007
- EC Stamped : March 2008 (So visa valid 2 years from this date?)
- Have to come to UK before Aug 2008?

So in essence do we get 1 year to start work in UK once the HSMP applicaton is approved? (6 months for EC + 6 months to come to UK)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

wp2_hsmp

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:19 pm

I think some people have been told by the ECO that they are expected to arrive in the UK within three months of the effective date of entry clearance, but I've not been able to find the policy statement that supports that expectation (maybe someone else has found it somewhere?).

In practice, however, you could have up to a year from the date of approval: six months from approval to application for entry clearance, three months maximum for post-dating the entry clearance after application, and then (if the above is true) three months to get yourself to the UK. You would have two years leave to remain in the UK from the effective date of entry clearance.

AG

wp2_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by wp2_hsmp » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:03 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

This clarified most of my doubts.

My situation is that I have my current workpermit valid till next August and I wanted to switch to HSMP visa from next year August. So I wanted to know whether I can start the HSMP application process now and start new job through HSMP visa from next year August.

Thanks again.

wp2_hsmp