ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character requirement and non custodial offences

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london_2014

Good character requirement and non custodial offences

Post by london_2014 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi all,
I received my ILR 10TH September 2013. I will become eligible for UK citizenship application this September, 2014. Unfortunately, I have the following non-custodial offences. Not sure what to do with these (especially last 2) on the application.

1.11/03/2011- Received from police a ‘simple caution’ for common assault.
2.06/01/2014- UKBA/Customs issued a ‘warning letter’ for bringing in 400 cigarettes (instead of allowed 200) from a non EEA area at Heathrow airport. They scanned a copy of my passport
3.10/02/2014- Received FPN from Islington council officers for depositing litter (cigarettes). The officers confirmed that they would not share my details with anyone. Paid the fine straight away online. Never went to court.

I intend to apply during Spetember 2014. Can someone shed some light on the following:

1. which ones are declerable?
2. what is the overall chance of the success of this application?

Many thanks in advance.
London 2014

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Good character requirement and non custodial offences

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Should be fine with regards to character, the only thing that needs declaring is the caution.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks Amber. Just for clarifcation I would NOT need to declare the Fixed Penalty notice by council enforcement officers (issued for depositing litter) and Warning letter issued at Heathrow airport (UKBA/Customs- not sure).

I will only declare the simple caution and supply with necessary evidence. Could you confirm my understanding?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:07 pm

That seems right.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Thanks. I was most confused about the Heathrow airport warning as that related to customs and if that is about customs and the AN form says the following and I would be caught up for deception:

" I authorise the HMRevenue&Customs to provide the UK Visas and Immigration with any information relevant to this application, and with any information needed to check the information I have provided.I understand that anyinformation provided to the HMRevenue&Customs in connection with this application may be used by them for the purpose of their statutory functions."

melina1989
Newly Registered

Post by melina1989 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:33 am

Hi,
My question/ need for advice pertains to my husband. He got convicted (went to court, paid a 300 pound fine, 6 points on his license was disqualified, but was not banned so he immediately reapplied for his license and was licensed again in a month). His conviction was in May 31 2011 for driving without insurance (IN10). It's his only conviction; he's a soldier in the British army (since June 2009) and wants to apply for British citizenship. What are the chances he will be successful? Am I correct to think that since his conviction was 3 years ago this May then he will be successful, if we were to proceed now with his application now? Thanks for the advice.

Dmaswtart
Newly Registered

Post by Dmaswtart » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi,

I have a question which I'm hoping someone can help with please.

I am due to apply for ILR in circa 3 months time. Unfortunately, I received 2 Litter Fines (in 2 months) :oops: . These were issued as 'Fixed Penalty' tickets and are now paid up. There were no involvement of Police or Court etc. and as far as the council people informed me, these were not classed as convictions as long as they were paid.

On this basis, I have 3 questions:

1. Do I need to disclose this in my ILR application. If yes, under which section?
2. Does this constitute to being a Civil Judgement or Civil Penalty?
3. (The most obvious question) - What impact would this have on the success of my application.

P.S. Apart from these 2 fines for Litter, I have not have any other convictions, fines or penalties of any sort.

Thanks in advance for your advice.