ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Clarification required for Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssm4u
India

Urgent Clarification required for Tier 1 extension

Post by ssm4u » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:16 pm

-- Sorry for posting it again as I'm expecting a quick reply.Originally I've posted it under Tier 1 General Ext only until 2015--

Hi - I have the following question regarding the extension of my and my partner's Tier1 general visa. It would be really great to

I've got my Tier 1 visa in Sep/2010 but I've entered to uk in May/2011. The initial visa was granted for 2 yrs. The 1st extension happened in Aug/2012 for 3 years which is valid till Aug/2015. Due to visa extension restriction and my current job situation I would like to apply for the visa now.

1. is there a requirement for the applicant to be in job when applying for extension? I can meet the salary requirement (12 months in the last 15 months)

2. Will there be any problem when I'll apply for ILR in Jul/2016 as by that time I would be in uk for 5 year 1 month.

3. Does my wife has to apply in the same time as me for extension or she can apply later separately?

4. My wife has come to UK initially in Tier 2 general visa and then she has converted to Tier 1 general visa in Feb 2013. So will she be able to get the extension as Tier 1 general dependant even after Apr/2015. Will the time spent in UK as Tier 2 visa will be counted for 5 year continuous stay for her ILR?

Thanks. Please reply asap. I need to take some decisions early.

Thanks
ssm4u

O_Relly

Re: Urgent Clarification required for Tier 1 extension

Post by O_Relly » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:02 am

1. is there a requirement for the applicant to be in job when applying for extension? I can meet the salary requirement (12 months in the last 15 months)
No, as long as you meet the salary requirements.

2. Will there be any problem when I'll apply for ILR in Jul/2016 as by that time I would be in uk for 5 year 1 month.
No

3. Does my wife has to apply in the same time as me for extension or she can apply later separately?
She can apply seperately

4. My wife has come to UK initially in Tier 2 general visa and then she has converted to Tier 1 general visa in Feb 2013. So will she be able to get the extension as Tier 1 general dependant even after Apr/2015. Will the time spent in UK as Tier 2 visa will be counted for 5 year continuous stay for her ILR?
If she switched to Tier 1 General dependant, then her ILR clock got reset the time she switched. If she switched to Tier 1 General, then her time spent as Tier 2 General counts towards ILR.
Cheers,
OR