ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refree mechanical engg with masters and 6 years exp

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syedmujahedali
Newly Registered

refree mechanical engg with masters and 6 years exp

Post by syedmujahedali » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:54 am

Hi,

I am applying for naturalisation, I would like to know if a mechanical engineer with masters degree in the UK can act as professional refree. He is not a chartered engineer or member of any professional body but he is a mechanical engineer by profession and official job title.

I have checked requirements for chartered engineer he qualifies to apply for it, but we don't want to pay around 300£ just for the reference (esp if it is not needed). Please let me know if you can advise, Thanks

summer08

Re: refree mechanical engg with masters and 6 years exp

Post by summer08 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:20 am

I am in the same situation, I know an Engineer working with me in the same company who studied at university and got a degree in Engineering which means that he has a professional qualification but he is not a member of a professional organisation!
Can he acts as a professional referee?

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:32 am

I am not a guru in this topic but let me tell you my views.

I don't think he can be considered .. In that case most software engineers should also be considered professionals but the key here is a software engineer who has setup a Limited company is considered as professional and the Limited company should be active with payments coming in.. but not every XYZ...

So look out for any software contractors.. they fit the bill.. and they are good in number in any friends circle generally..

I heard that GP can give you reference and the price is only £50 .. (again I am not sure of the price)
£300 ??? I dont think this is correct .

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:30 pm

syedmujahedali wrote:Hi,

I am applying for naturalisation, I would like to know if a mechanical engineer with masters degree in the UK can act as professional refree. He is not a chartered engineer or member of any professional body but he is a mechanical engineer by profession and official job title.

I have checked requirements for chartered engineer he qualifies to apply for it, but we don't want to pay around 300£ just for the reference (esp if it is not needed). Please let me know if you can advise, Thanks
Member of a professional body is typically a minimal requirement. I had 15 years of engineering experience, along with a couple of degrees, but didn't qualify to be a referee until I became a member of professional body. That's just the rules.

syedmujahedali
Newly Registered

Post by syedmujahedali » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:25 pm

Just an update on this, I went ahead with this reference and I got my naturalisation. Just to let you know, it seems if naturalisation team is not happy with the reference they will send a letter and will ask you to provide another refree.
Last edited by syedmujahedali on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:01 pm

syedmujahedali wrote:Just an update on this, I went ahead with this reference and I got my naturalisation. Just to let you know, if naturalisation team is not happy with the reference they send a letter to provide another refree.
Thank you for this information. Congratulations :)
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.