ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child indian citizenship

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

child indian citizenship

Post by gbhsmp » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 pm

Hi,
I heared that if parent loses Indian citizenship then the child loses the citizenship too. Is this true ? My daughter(born in India) is holding an Indian passport but since she was not here with me for prolonged time she is not eligible for ILR (my wife too is not eligible) and so I had gone for ILR. Now, I have go for my Naturalisation. Does this mean that she will lose her Indian citizenship ? My wife wants to retain her Indian passport and so is not interested in ILR. If I get my Naturalisation approved, will my daughter lose her Indian citizenship ? I was confused about the Indian rule and I am sure people in this forums will be able to clarify this for me

Thanks

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: child indian citizenship

Post by gbhsmp » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Gurus ?
Can someone help please ?

maniani
United Kingdom

Post by maniani » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:08 pm

gbhsmp wrote:Gurus ?
Can someone help please ?
No , there will be no effect on your daughter citizenship as long as one parent hold indian citizenship.

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Post by gbhsmp » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:26 am

maniani wrote: No , there will be no effect on your daughter citizenship as long as one parent hold indian citizenship.
Thank you.