ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ma14

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by ma14 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:12 pm

City and guilds

ma14

Post by ma14 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Please members advice what should we do. Should we go for appeal or for review and any other way out

malik15

Post by malik15 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:39 pm

ma14 wrote:Please members advice what should we do. Should we go for appeal or for review and any other way out
Best thing would be to contact a solicitor see if he thinks the rejection is incorrect:(

I'm scared now...

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:43 pm

If I were you, I would write to the caseworker explaining that they made a mistake as B1 is superior than A1. Any senior members correct me if I am wrong.

ma14 wrote:my wife visa is refuse beacuse of the english test the HO said it should be A1 but my course is equal to b1 what should i do now please senior members advice

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:09 pm

Sorry to hear ur wife visa is rejected i think case worker make mistake.Right letter to case worker ad explain b1 test is acceptable for ilr so it is acceptable for FLR(M).But check before ur wife did b1 from approved college.This is best option write as soon as possible via special delivery.

Kind Regards
ma14 wrote:my wife visa is refuse beacuse of the english test the HO said it should be A1 but my course is equal to b1 what should i do now please senior members advice

ma14

Post by ma14 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:13 pm

prem_singh123 wrote:If I were you, I would write to the caseworker explaining that they made a mistake as B1 is superior than A1. Any senior members correct me if I am wrong.

thank you so much

ma14

Post by ma14 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:14 pm

NasirNNN wrote:Sorry to hear ur wife visa is rejected i think case worker make mistake.Right letter to case worker ad explain b1 test is acceptable for ilr so it is acceptable for FLR(M).But check before ur wife did b1 from approved college.This is best option write as soon as possible via special delivery.

Kind Regards
thank you so much and please pray for us

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:43 pm

Was it for FLR (M) or SET (M)???

Sergeant123
Newly Registered

Post by Sergeant123 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:17 pm

bhamblues wrote:
Sergeant123 wrote:Hi All,

I will be applying for my ILR in September based on long term residence. I have a long absence of around 246 days in a single year which makes my case a bit tricky.

I have spoken with few solicitors; most of them say that there is a 50/50 chance of me getting my ILR. I know bhamblues has just got his even when having a long absence. This gives me a bit of hope.

Do you know anyone else who has recently been granted ILR with them having a long absence when applying under 10 rule?
Hi Sergeant123,
That is exactly what my solicitor said 50/50 chance. But don't lose hope and give it a go! Can I ask what was the reason for ur long absence? Also when u were away from UK did u have a valid visa all along covering the absence?
I had a valid visa when I left and I came back on the same visa. I left because I was unable to pay my university tuition fee and had to defer my course for a year. I still have the original letter from the university which says that I am deferring my course for a year and will re-join the following year. This is what I did and then completed my course. When I had to renew my student visa in 2008 I did inform home office that I had a long absence and the reason for it. So they must have the record.

I cannot see the PM because I think this feature only becomes available once the members have a certain number of posts. So do you mind sending the solicitor's details to my personal email? Thanks mastersergeant1 at gmail dot com.

ma14

Post by ma14 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:15 pm

I am confuse I have done city and guild entry level 3 which is accepted for ilr and naturalisation but home office didnt accept for flrm

tanz5656

Post by tanz5656 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:44 pm

Hello
Can u please tell me what is exactly written on ur certificate and please match it with appendix o English level requirement and if u find exact certificate which is on list please phone home office and discuss with them and note the call timing and person name and if they give u positive feedback please write for review.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Home Office wins judgment on minimum income threshold

Post by Spatacus » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:00 pm

Dear Forum members,
for those of you who are awaiting decision on minimum income threshold please follow the link for latest development from HO;

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/home ... -threshold
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Re: Home Office wins judgment on minimum income threshold

Post by prem_singh123 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Yes Home Office won the appeal and around 4000 application which were on hold will be refused now.
:-(
Spatacus wrote:Dear Forum members,
for those of you who are awaiting decision on minimum income threshold please follow the link for latest development from HO;

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Please Help,

what happens when HO first mark your tier4 application as invalid,then refuse it with no right of appeal and then when your legal advisor sends them first protocol action and point out their negligence in the case and in return ukba straight sends you a letter while saying that we have reversed our decision and grant you leave to remain,does the applicant still remains overstayer in the ukba books and breaks continuous living or when the decision gets reversed then all is well.

Malavan
Newly Registered

Re: Home Office wins judgment on minimum income threshold

Post by Malavan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:32 pm

prem_singh123 wrote:Yes Home Office won the appeal and around 4000 application which were on hold will be refused now.
:-(
Spatacus wrote:Dear Forum members,

What does it mean????

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:01 pm

Spatacus wrote:
sam_86 wrote:Hi All,

I received my biometrics today, dated 03/07/2014. I applied on 10/03/2014.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi sam_86,
congratulations and welcome to free world.
hi congrats:)

did you apply 28 days early of your qualifying period of 10 years??????

please share
regards
helostar

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:18 pm

sam_86 wrote:Hi All,

I received my biometrics today, dated 03/07/2014. I applied on 10/03/2014.

Thanks,

Sam
hi sam congrats:)
did u complete full 10 years from your first entry in to UK?
or you applied before 28 days????

regards
helostar

game_of_luck
Newly Registered

Post by game_of_luck » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:49 am

ALL members,
Any updates on post 6th April 2014 rules for dependants of ILR (LR)??
haven't heard of any positive case in this category. Should we now assume that it will definitely a 5 year route with the clock resetting after flr(M)?
My wife entered as a Tier 1 general dependant in 2010 and I am dreading that FLRM will force us to count the time from level 0 again...
Any update from any member in such situation???

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:45 am

Yes the clock will reset again and have to show maintanence for 5 years to qualify for ILR...so we have to work hard again and make sure we dont get any benefits for 5 years...almost every one in the same situation.

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:55 am

Dont worry just write a letter to case worker. case worker name should be on refusal letter give a reference of the immigration rule it clearly states that applicant meet or exceed

take a print out from internet, highlight the relevant rule and post to case worker. here is the relevant rule

(ii) the applicant provides an original English language test certificate in speaking
and listening from an English language test provider approved by the Secretary of State
for these purposes, which clearly shows the applicant's name and the qualification
obtained (which must meet or exceed level A1 of the Common European Framework of
Reference) unless:

ik_aam_insaan

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:29 pm

game_of_luck wrote:ALL members,
haven't heard of any positive case in this category. Should we now assume that it will definitely a 5 year route with the clock resetting after flr(M)?
My wife entered as a Tier 1 general dependant in 2010 and I am dreading that FLRM will force us to count the time from level 0 again...
We applied after 6 april we met financial requiremnt and recieved 2 years visa in 5 weeks then we applied for peo very next day which got approved hope it helps .
Date of App: 07/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 08/04/2015
Date of Fees taken: 29/04/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Received and Done: 07/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/09/2015 received ( 23/05/2015)
Date of Ceremony:

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi all,

I received ILR in May and we applied for my partners flr(m) recently at peo. He was a pbs dependant pre July 2012. The letter states in order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a period of 2 years in the uk as a spouse.

We received the brp and that has been issued for 2 and a half years.

Does anyone know whether it is worth trying to book another appointment for settlement based on the letter stating 2 years.

Please help

Thanks

game_of_luck
Newly Registered

Post by game_of_luck » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:19 pm

ik_aam_insaan wrote:
game_of_luck wrote:ALL members,
We applied after 6 april we met financial requiremnt and recieved 2 years visa in 5 weeks then we applied for peo very next day which got approved hope it helps .
Thanks for the reply ik_aam_insan,
I had decided to go to the same route but this case has confused me and I am worried now.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 4-180.html

I know there were few cases in here (including yours) getting 2 years, but Waqar's experience is scary

game_of_luck
Newly Registered

Post by game_of_luck » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Lemar wrote:Hi all,

I received ILR in May and we applied for my partners flr(m) recently at peo. He was a pbs dependant pre July 2012. The letter states in order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a period of 2 years in the uk as a spouse.

We received the brp and that has been issued for 2 and a half years.

Does anyone know whether it is worth trying to book another appointment for settlement based on the letter stating 2 years.

Please help

Thanks
Hi Lemar,

So this means homeoffice is contradicting their own statement and confusing us more by stating 2 years on letter and 2.5 yrs on brp... I think you can try booking an appointment and can justify to the caseworker by showing the letter... please keep us posted.

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi gameofluck.

It's certainly confusing.

We want to take the chance and see what the outcome will be.

It's my understanding that we will only lose the 100pound booking fee if we are not eligible to apply - is this correct?

I will be sure to keep all updated on our experience.