ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependant of British Citizen

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Srinibondugula

ILR for dependant of British Citizen

Post by Srinibondugula » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi guys,

Please could somebody respond to the below query? Yours words of wisdom are really important and does make difference to me.

My wife's Visa is due to expire in 09/2014( she joined me on settlement visa on 02/07/2012issued in India). She is eligible for ILR as a partner of British Citizen now. But the application form that should be used is little confusing( I got my ILR in 2011 after switching from Tier 1 General).

1) Should it be SET(M) or SET(O)? SET(m) doesn't have an option for dependants of persons settled in UK
2) although the Gov website says that there is no minimum salary criteria, are there any standards we need to meet? Being self employed, We pay ourselves 1300£ a month(650 for my wife and 650 for myself) as salary and rest some decent amount as dividends. Would it be any problem if we present the case as just 1300£ Per month for the last 12 months? Of course, we will submit dividend vouchers as well.
3) English language requirement - Last time when my wife was issued a visa, we submitted a medium certificate of her bachelor degree stated that the course was taught in English. They accepted at that point in 2012 and the visa was issued. Now there is a similar requirement for ILR visa and I'm wondering if the same certificate would suffice. Unfortunately she lost the medium certificate now, I'm planning to get a note from NARIC. Just wondering what option should I go for while applying for Naric? Should it be 'statement of comparibility' or 'English language assessment'? Could you advice please?

Appreciate your patience and responses please..

Thanks,
Srini

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for dependant of British Citizen

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:01 am

1. SET(M)
2. Should be fine.
3. That's fine fir B1 English in addition to LIUK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Srinibondugula

Post by Srinibondugula » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:18 pm

Thanks Amber. My wife doesn't have B1 level English qualification. All that she has at the moment is 1) photocopy of her bachelor degree certificate(3 years bachelor of science) 2) photocopy of transcripts 3) photocopy of a letter from university stating that degree was taught in English.

Unfortunately she lost all the original Certs including medium certificate. We submitted original medium cert when she was given 27 months visa back in 2012. I can get a letter from Naric submitting all the photo copies, but which option should I go for? Soc or ela?

I suppose it's Soc that confirms the degree is equivalent to Uk standard bachelor degree. But since we don't have the originals, I'm not sure which option should I go for..and I also believe that we would need to submit her original degree cert.

Looking bit weird, but would appreciate your response please

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:52 pm

Have you checked the PBS calculator?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Srinibondugula

Post by Srinibondugula » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:24 am

Hi Amber, PBS calculator doesn't have an option for ILR unless you select some visa type and check the qualification in the next set of screens. So without any original certificates, is it a good idea just to carry Soc from Naric? Photicopies does say that medium of instruction is English.