ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK degree and Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tek75
- thin ice -

UK degree and Naturalization

Post by Tek75 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:18 pm

[quote]Evidence of knowledge of Language and of Life in the UK

•Letter confirming success in the Life in the UK Test, stamped and signed by the Test Supervisor; and either
•Certificate showing that you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; OR

•Your original degree certificate and one of the following:

1. A print out from the points-based calculator, with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English

2. An English language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC (this will also show us that UK NARIC are content that your qualification is equivalent to a UK degree)[quote]

Above is the requirement for Knowledge of Language and Life in UK set out in the GUIDE AN leaflet.I am going to apply for naturalization this month after spending 12 months on ILR (Based on 10 years rule).In terms of Knowledge of Language and Life in UK requirement, I have done life in UK already and I have got a UK Master degree to satisfy the knowledge of language requirement.However, based on the above requirement for an original degree certificate the GUIDE AN in page 13 asks in addition to the original degree ceritificate, either a print out from the points based calculator or an ELA letter from NARIC showing equivalency must be submitted.

Now my question is.. in support of my original Master Degree certificate, do I need to take a print out from the point based calculator ?or a letter from NARIC is required to confirm the degree? Or just the UK Master degree certificate itself is good enough?

Help will be appreciated.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: UK degree and Naturalization

Post by IndiMarshall » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:28 pm

I have done life in UK already and I have got a UK Master degree to satisfy the knowledge of language requirement. //
UK master degree is enough..

If you happen to meet any ignorant NCS member who asks for Printout or NARIC despite your degree Just say ' Am not happy with this appointment who can I complain this to ? ' Immediately they will come back to their senses .

This happened to me wrt to another document and she did call up NCS county head department and got the actual documents needed. Dont be a silent spectator.

Tek75
- thin ice -

Re: UK degree and Naturalization

Post by Tek75 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:45 am

IndiMarshall wrote:I have done life in UK already and I have got a UK Master degree to satisfy the knowledge of language requirement. //
UK master degree is enough..

If you happen to meet any ignorant NCS member who asks for Printout or NARIC despite your degree Just say ' Am not happy with this appointment who can I complain this to ? ' Immediately they will come back to their senses .

This happened to me wrt to another document and she did call up NCS county head department and got the actual documents needed. Dont be a silent spectator.
Thanks for your advice but I would still like to hear something more authenticated from the experts of this board.