ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Born in UK before 1983 to US military parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SiobhanC
Newly Registered

Born in UK before 1983 to US military parents

Post by SiobhanC » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Hello,

I was born in 1981 in Scotland to a US Navy father and US civilian mother. They were stationed in-country for about two years after my birth. From what I have found researching the topic, I should be able to claim British citizenship. I recently obtained a copy of my British birth certificate from the registrar. But when looking at the overseas passport application, the form requires me to enter the passport numbers of my parents, as well as other salient information. My father died years ago and my mother cannot find any of the information relating to their deployment, or their passports. What options do I have? Is my birth certificate not enough evidence of British citizenship alone (due to the pre-1983 date)? What other options do I have? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

S

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Born in UK before 1983 to US military parents

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:53 pm

Just your United Kingdom birth certificate showing parents’ details, so far as the parents are not detailed as diplomat there should be no further evidence required.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

SiobhanC
Newly Registered

Post by SiobhanC » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:34 pm

So, what would I put into those fields? I would hate to see my application rejected due to incompleteness.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:07 am

Blank if you don't know the answer. Alternatively apply for a certificate of confirmation of nationality form NS, then you've got permanent proof, that can also be used when applying for a passport.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

SiobhanC
Newly Registered

Post by SiobhanC » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Thank you so much for your help! It is greatly appreciated.

S