ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Questions - already employed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

theanalyst
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Questions - already employed

Post by theanalyst » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:33 am

Hello Gurus & Aspirants,

[1] I am making an out-of-country application, but I am still employed with the employer as I had a valid visa earlier which expired few months back. I work remotely, the company did a Residence Labor Market Test after which the COS was provided.
Do I need a job offer from my employer again? as I believe I am at the same position as any other candidates who must have applied for the job.

Is this going to be a problem? :roll: :roll: My employer is a fair company and will not manipulate the RLMT, and I know this for sure (so that is not my worry)

[2] The visa form expects to put a UK address. Like many, I do not have arrangements made before hand even before knowing if the visa will be approved or not. As such, my friend has his own apartment and I intend to stay with him until I make my own arrangements.
Can I put his address ? Do I need to show a confirmation email from my friend with my application?

Thank you in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 Questions - already employed

Post by manci » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:55 am

theanalyst wrote:Hello Gurus & Aspirants,

[1] I am making an out-of-country application, but I am still employed with the employer as I had a valid visa earlier which expired few months back. I work remotely, the company did a Residence Labor Market Test after which the COS was provided.
Do I need a job offer from my employer again? as I believe I am at the same position as any other candidates who must have applied for the job.

Is this going to be a problem? :roll: :roll: My employer is a fair company and will not manipulate the RLMT, and I know this for sure (so that is not my worry)
RLMTs are only valid for 6 months, so your sponsor will have to carry out a new one

[2] The visa form expects to put a UK address. Like many, I do not have arrangements made before hand even before knowing if the visa will be approved or not. As such, my friend has his own apartment and I intend to stay with him until I make my own arrangements.
Can I put his address ? Do I need to show a confirmation email from my friend with my application?
where did you find a Q about a UK address?

Thank you in advance.

theanalyst
Newly Registered

Post by theanalyst » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:23 am

The Labor Market Test was conducted recently, so it's not even a month old.

There is a question in the online visa form:
What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:46 am

theanalyst wrote:The Labor Market Test was conducted recently, so it's not even a month old.
that is OK then but in your post you referred to the RLMT which was carried out for your previous CoS which must have been some time ago as your leave has already expired.

There is a question in the online visa form:
What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?
there is no such question on the paper form VAF9 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... etails.pdf but if there is in the online process you can give your friend's address if you will be staying there or just put "not yet confirmed"

theanalyst
Newly Registered

Post by theanalyst » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:01 am

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
I probably gave an impression that a Market Test was carried earlier. My bad, that is not the case.

This is the first & latest Market test done by the company. I was wondering, if I am already employed by them, but working remotely until the company finds a suitable candidate (and my visa is sorted) - do I need a job offer from the company again?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:22 am

as far as immigration is concerned you only need a restricted CoS to apply for entry clearance provided you meet the other requirements, e.g. cooling-off, skill level, min. salary, etc.

Offer letter and employment contract are not immigration matters.

theanalyst
Newly Registered

Post by theanalyst » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:56 am

Cool, that clears my doubt around if the embassy requires to see an offer being made by the company to me.
And as for the other criteria, I seem to be passing all that.

Super, thank you Manci :)