ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife -Settlement visa outside UK...please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

village

wife -Settlement visa outside UK...please help

Post by village » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:49 am

I recently got my ILR and planning to apply for my wife.....visa....ie, wife-settlement....from India

i have few questions could you please kindly reply...I checked the document but a bit confued....can any one please clarify would be greatful....

I am a self employed+employed

1) I am a self employed and employed earned for 2013/2014 ( 30k +9k= 39 k ) i have filed the returns, do we need to show 12 months if suppose i drop application in august 2014.....can i show earning from july 2013 to june 2014....if i leave july 2014 and drop in aug is it ok or there should no be any gap before dropping the visa

in may,june 2014 i do not have any earning in self-employed for may and june 2014 , where as i got earnings in employed

or will they calculate just from april 2013-april2014 earning for selfemployed

Gurus please kindly help me ....

I have filed all my self emplyed + employed taxes 2011/2012 & 2012/2013 and paid all the amount with out any dues..fully...

village

Re: wife -Settlement visa outside UK...please help

Post by village » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:41 pm

Senior members kindly any idea on this pls

FireballXL5

Post by FireballXL5 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:51 pm

village wrote:Senior members kindly any idea on this pls
Are you talking about settlement (i.e. getting her ILR) or just getting her a spouse visa?

I was pretty sure that they stopped giving out ILR abroad for spouses in 2012 (when they give it abroad it is called Indefinite Leave to Enter or ILE) but someone recently told me that there are cases where this happens. However, I can't find any mention of this anywhere (unless you happen to be a refugee and can apply for family reunion).

Under the pre-2012 rules, you could get ILE if you were married for 5 years prior to application. I think now you will probably have to apply for a spouse visa, wait five years and get her ILR that way. Unless you qualify for some other special category that allows them to give her ILE.

If you still think you might qualify for ILE, then I would get professional advice or at least wait for someone with more expertise than I have to respond.

village

Post by village » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:51 am

thanks for your reply,

I received irl...and want to apply visa for my wife from india

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:18 am

@FireballXL5 - a spouse visa is also called a settlement visa. It does not mean ILR/ILE when applied from abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

village

Post by village » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:43 am

@FireballXL5

Any idea? for my first post regarding te self employed kindly reply...urgent please