ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 unpaid Leaves (between switching Jobs) and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

himanshugtm
Newly Registered
India

Tier 1 unpaid Leaves (between switching Jobs) and ILR

Post by himanshugtm » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:49 am

Hello All,

After having read a lot of topics and being a silent spectator, I am quite impressed how much time existing member have devoted to help people on these threads.

I am applying for ILR in Aug2014 and have been on Tier 1 General for 5 years (3+2). After reading some discussions in these posts, i have a question :-

a) In between switching jobs, I have made a visit to the home country and totals to about 60 days in 5 years. As this period is not covered by either employer, does this break the Continuous leave to remain in UK?

I have not exceeded 180 days in any of the 5 last years and my total holidays have been 200 days including the unpaid leaves

Has anyone in this group applied for ILR recently with same conditions? Or, is anyone aware of how these cases are dealt??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

argus7
Wales

Re: Tier 1 unpaid Leaves (between switching Jobs) and ILR

Post by argus7 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:36 pm

you should be fine. Provide a self absences letter explaining.

himanshugtm
Newly Registered
India

Post by himanshugtm » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Argus - Thanks for replying

Has anyone else applied under similar conditions recently??

asmiali

Post by asmiali » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:10 am

I am in a similar situation and my understanding is that it DOES break continuity. However, they are quite lenient. I am quite worried.