ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife has a uk spouse visa. want to visit france

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irfan594

wife has a uk spouse visa. want to visit france

Post by irfan594 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:55 am

Hi

Thanks to this website and the vast information it holds my wife got her visa after 12 weeks. We are thinking of visiting Paris (via road) on the last week of august. I know that I don’t require a visa to visit France but my wife might need a visa. So could someone kindly point me to the right direction in obtaining a visa and how long it takes.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:49 am

Schengen visa, from French Embassy?

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: wife has a uk spouse visa. want to visit france

Post by sakura » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:05 am

irfan594 wrote:Hi

Thanks to this website and the vast information it holds my wife got her visa after 12 weeks. We are thinking of visiting Paris (via road) on the last week of august. I know that I don’t require a visa to visit France but my wife might need a visa. So could someone kindly point me to the right direction in obtaining a visa and how long it takes.
Search for "schengen visa" in the "Europe immigration" section. There has been loads written in the past few months.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:40 am

Is your wife the spouse of a UK citizen? Or is she the spouse of a UK resident foreign national?

Her nationality may also be important. The Schengen is much easier for some nationals than for others.

The spouse of an EU citizen can go anywhere in the EU with their spouse.

If both spouses are not EU citizens, then the Schengen is designed to allow travel to multiple Schengen countries. If it will be France and France only, then a French visit visa may be good enough for what you want.

the Admin

irfan594

Post by irfan594 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:53 pm

i am a British and my wife has a uk spouse visa. so is a visa required to visit France for 4 days. and what is the processes

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:08 am

Have you bothered to research, as per Sakura's advice?

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:15 am

Rozen wrote:Have you bothered to research, as per Sakura's advice?
...Duh!
Jabi

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Shengen visa

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:45 am

irfan594 u do need to do ur reseach well u know. i am a Non-EU citizen married to a British citizen and i am on a 2 yr Spouse Visa have a look at this link it will really help. lso pay attention to the details

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=17156