ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Rights - Having big troubles from Irish Embassy London

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nahmed

EU Rights - Having big troubles from Irish Embassy London

Post by nahmed » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi guys,

Hope you are well.

I really need some advice at this moment to point me to the right direction as I had a really tough/bad time given to me by the Irish Embassy London.

Basically, I applied for family permits for my dependent mother (qualified member) and dependent/household member brother (permitted member) to join/accompany me to Ireland where I found a job. The London Embassy gave me real nightmares whilst dealing with the apps with clear breaches of the law from them. It took me from Nov 2013 when I applied to now when they have refused my mother's application on absolute b******* grounds and my brother's appeal is still pending with them to which I expect the same results with the way they are acting.

And now, I need advice from you guys how to take this matter further to the court/Eu commission whatever as I have hit a dead end with them.

My mother is a qualified member so her case was supposed to be expedited and dealt with in 28 days however they simply dragged it and refused her case in March 2014 on complete rubbish grounds. As the case was genuine I appealed against their decision sending all the proofs that their decision is wrong and they simply replied last week with a two line answer basing it on completely new grounds refusing the appeal and didn't even bother putting it on their letterhead. They say that only one appeal is allowed per application and I cannot appeal any further. So now I need to know my rights/options from here please.

As per my rough understanding, as it involves an Irish embassy so I can only take it to an Irish court. Or alternatively, if there is a way for me to take this matter to the ECJ, but I don't know. Or Am I able to take this matter into a UK court?

I am really hurt as they clearly abused their powers to infringe our rights during the last 8 months and am very determined to take this matter forward, although I honestly don't know how to and would really love some guidance about it to point me to the right direction please.

My experience over the last 8 months dealing with them is a complete different story which I can share with you guys at a later point as I would like to know my options at this point. You would be surprised at their open breaches of the EU Law and of their own legislation/written guidance publicly available on INIS website.

Really look forward to help from fellow expert board members.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EU Rights - Having big troubles from Irish Embassy Londo

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:06 pm

Please mention the below :

1 - How long r u living in ireland ? and are u exercising ur treaty rights ?

2 - how old is ur mother ?

3 - What visa does she hold within the UK ?

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:12 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:Please mention the below :

1 - How long r u living in ireland ? and are u exercising ur treaty rights ?

I applied in Nov 13 that I have a confirmed job offer (sent them the offer) in Ireland starting Jan 14. That I am moving to Ireland and wish to take my EEA & Non EEA family members with me.

2 - how old is ur mother ?
She is 59

3 - What visa does she hold within the UK ?
She holds a long multiple UK visit visa

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:07 am

Sorry you didn't outlined the refusal reason....

nahmed

Post by nahmed » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:26 am

CalvinKlien wrote:Sorry you didn't outlined the refusal reason....
They initially refused on a number of reasons against her dependency but I had documentary proof to counter all of them which I sent in appeal. In their appeal reply, they ignored all the original reasons for refusal and cited a completely new point which again is wrong and refused the appeal. Now, even though I have documentary proof that they are wrong, I cannot do anything about it as no further appeal is allowed on the existing case. I know I can send in a fresh application but that is not possible for me

So, I wish to take it to a court (Irish/English/Eu) against them and need to know my options as mentioned in my original question.

Any help would be really appreciated guys!

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:19 pm

You are not the first.
Have a read of the troubles and solution of another EU Citizen had with the Irish Embassy in London

original petition against the Irish Embassy London
http://www.scribd.com/full/13048234?acc ... 0hd6s27llg

Letter to Irish Government
http://www.scribd.com/full/13048225?acc ... 2ozba1royg

Late Reply from Irish perm Bobby McDonagh
http://www.scribd.com/full/13048194?acc ... dwbuefnvp9