ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for wife, i have ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yk910
Newly Registered

Visa for wife, i have ILR

Post by yk910 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Dear Moderator,

Sorry i am re posting this here because i am unsure if the below question was supposed to be asked here or the ILR section, please delete this thread if you find it redundant

Dear Members,

I am Indian national with ILR in the UK. I am getting married in India this September and wondering what to do to bring my wife to the UK to live with me. Am i okay to bring her to the UK on a visit visa for 6 months from September and then extend her visa later on by applying a dependent visa within the UK? Can you also tell me what is the spouse visa called,I mean whats the technical term used for it?

Thanks for all your help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visa for wife, i have ILR

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:03 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Visa for wife, i have ILR

Post by manci » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:55 pm