ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office is after Entrepreneurs

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gulrose786

Home office is after Entrepreneurs

Post by gulrose786 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:30 pm

home office is raiding at entrepreneurs address those who are not active in business and doing work. Last week home office raided at my property and Took my friend into custody who was on tier 1 entrepreneur visa. home office checked whether he is doing business activity or not. now i am running after lawyer for his bail. Any help will be appreciated.

entrepreneur123

Re: Home office is after Entrepreneurs

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:38 pm

could you please explain if your friend was doing work on his national insurance? OR he was not registered as company director? i mean how home office found out?
gulrose786 wrote:home office is raiding at entrepreneurs address those who are not active in business and doing work. Last week home office raided at my property and Took my friend into custody who was on tier 1 entrepreneur visa. home office checked whether he is doing business activity or not. now i am running after lawyer for his bail. Any help will be appreciated.

gulrose786

Post by gulrose786 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:43 pm

issue was his business activity for which he had been granted leave. he was able to explain about his business and business premises and business activity docs. Big trouble

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:46 pm

could you please explain further. Your friend must be working under national insurance with another employer OR not registered with hmrc. Otherwise home office cannot go to each and every applicant personally and do interview.

gulrose786 wrote:issue was his business activity for which he had been granted leave. he was able to explain about his business and business premises and business activity docs. Big trouble

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:51 pm

I personally think that he must be working under NI number. Home office have access to HMRC and they can check any time.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:54 pm

agree as recently in news UKBA has clearly said that they have found people working for other employers(at low skill level) from tax record...

Momi wrote:I personally think that he must be working under NI number. Home office have access to HMRC and they can check any time.

gulrose786

Post by gulrose786 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:59 pm

issue was business activity as i said. Actually his partner on a different address was caught then after that home office raid our property and took him to detention center

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:02 pm

hmm could you please tell why his partner was caught? thanks

gulrose786 wrote:issue was business activity as i said. Actually his partner on a different address was caught then after that home office raid our property and took him to detention center

gulrose786

Post by gulrose786 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:04 pm

please read carefully the reason is no business activity

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:10 pm

They can't find the business activity. They have only access to HMRC. Banks can't provide confidential data to home office. In this case there is a person who were working full time under NI number.
And 2nd reason could be that they must have got the visa almost a year ago. So may be home office have checked that there was no tax return from the applicant.
There can be other reasons too but to be honest only business activity can't be a reason.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:16 pm

agree there must be something that highlighted his case, which can only be through hmrc checks

Momi wrote:They can't find the business activity. They have only access to HMRC. Banks can't provide confidential data to home office. In this case there is a person who were working full time under NI number.
And 2nd reason could be that they must have got the visa almost a year ago. So may be home office have checked that there was no tax return from the applicant.
There can be other reasons too but to be honest only business activity can't be a reason.

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:28 pm

such things happen when snitching

he would have got snitched !!!
thanks,

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:32 pm

A valid point princess. Someone must have informed home office.

shakeelburki

Post by shakeelburki » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Totally agree with the comments OH cannot inter into the person property without having any proofs.
entrepreneur123 wrote:agree there must be something that highlighted his case, which can only be through hmrc checks

Momi wrote:They can't find the business activity. They have only access to HMRC. Banks can't provide confidential data to home office. In this case there is a person who were working full time under NI number.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:18 pm

Joke of the day
How
Business activities
Annual return
Registration with hmrc
Not working on NI
So what

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Let's supposed I am working on marketing side of my company so how can it will not be business activities

Legal83

Post by Legal83 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:16 pm

I think according to the guidance condition of stay, they must not have access to the funds showed at the time of visa unless invested, or a guy working under some one else employment, which clearly shows or leads towards curtailment of his visa. You can only work for your own business u invested the money In.

Tier1luck

Post by Tier1luck » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:14 am

ur friend's business partner must be doing some jobs out of his business and caught on job place.. or sorry to say , might be u r trying to
hide something :-P

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:18 am

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:40 am

Momi wrote:Banks can't provide confidential data to home office.
Oh yes they can....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....