ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Professional referee can be of any nationality

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nm
Member of Standing

Professional referee can be of any nationality

Post by nm » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:23 am

Hi,

Could someone clarify if the Professional referee can be of any nationality ? I have my Project Manager who have been knowing me for more than 3 years here and I am thinking to put him as a Professional referee .

It will be really helpful if someone could confirm if I can make him as professional referee please ?

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: Professional referee can be of any nationality

Post by go2khurram » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:26 am

nm wrote:Hi,

Could someone clarify if the Professional referee can be of any nationality ? I have my Project Manager who have been knowing me for more than 3 years here and I am thinking to put him as a Professional referee .

It will be really helpful if someone could confirm if I can make him as professional referee please ?

yes you project manage could be your referee no matter what nationality he/she have. but your second referee must be british citizen
*please do not take this as professional advice**

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:34 am

On what basis does he become a professional ? U have to check that list of professional's considered as UKBA suggested.

Not everyone who is working in a reputed organization becomes a professional even though they have a title as Project Manager..

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:39 am

As far as I remember there is no Mandatory length of time that you should be knowing for professional reference.

3 yr period applies only for British citizen reference.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:42 am

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:31 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:

Hi Marshall,

Thanks for your reply, the british referee should be a british citizen for 3 years or no matter when they got the citizenship ? I have a friend who got the citizenship last year however I know him for many years.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:23 pm

nm wrote:
IndiMarshall wrote:

Hi Marshall,

Thanks for your reply, the british referee should be a british citizen for 3 years or no matter when they got the citizenship ? I have a friend who got the citizenship last year however I know him for many years.

Yes that should be fine..

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:07 am

Hi,

Have both of the referee should be known for minimum of three years ?

Appreciated if someone could confirm this please ?

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:15 pm

I am surprised .. I told you already that professional refree doesnt need to know you for 3 yrs. You are asking the same question again in same post :roll: :roll:

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:15 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:

I am surprised .. I told you already that professional refree doesnt need to know you for 3 yrs. You are asking the same question again in same post :roll: :roll:
I believe you are mistaken. Both referees must have known the applicant for at least 3 years or they cannot act as referees. This is irrespective of whether they are the professional referee or not. Also to note, the referees who is a British Citizen must also be over the age of 25.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Thanks ouflak1. Now I have finalised my referees. :) Professional referee holding indian passport and personal referee holding a british passport. Both of them know me for more than 3 years.

Your help was really appreciated.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:48 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
IndiMarshall wrote:

I believe you are mistaken. Both referees must have known the applicant for at least 3 years or they cannot act as referees. This is irrespective of whether they are the professional referee or not. Also to note, the referees who is a British Citizen must also be over the age of 25.

I am sorry you seem to be correct. Have they updated FORM AN now like how they have updated for English Lang Assesment ? or have I conveniently didn't bother to read it ?

Even the person who gave me Professional reference is well versed with UKBA things has said u need to know a person for 3 yrs only for British citizens reference.. :roll: :roll:

Glad that you corrected me. This will be helpful for my dependent application.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:41 pm

IndiMarshall wrote: I am sorry you seem to be correct. Have they updated FORM AN now like how they have updated for English Lang Assesment ? or have I conveniently didn't bother to read it ?
They have not updated Form AN, nor, curiously, is this specifically mentioned in the Form AN guidance. It is however specifically stated in the general information on the government website 6.3.7.3:
www.gov.uk wrote:6.3.7.3
For adult applications each referee should have known the
applicant personally for at least 3 years.
This should really be in the guidance. I think the only reason I knew about this was this forum!

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:51 am

Just wanted to add a note that this is specifically mentioned on the latest Form AN.