ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC in July/August

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi Push_hsmp,

I got my visa in 6 days which means they had only 3 working days to finish the whole process. It's impossible that any verification can be completed in 3 working days as you know the amount of time it takes to get replies from universities/employers. Anyway, now that I have got my visa stamped, I am least bothered whether they really did any verification or not :) I intend to land in London on the 3rd of September. Let's hope for the best. Have you found the job already?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:40 am

Ya you are right. May be they realised the futility of getting the verification done. EC & HSMP initial process both are like black boxes.

I already had a job before coming to London. Infact I had just come back to India o get the EC as it was not possible for me to switch to HSMP VISA from my earlier VISA category.

regards,

push_hsmp

allgo

abt personal loan for financial proof

Post by allgo » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:21 pm

I actually posted the same in another place but tfind this trhead to be more relevant...sorry fo multiple posting...but can smone help.

I need to arrange for funds for my EC to show I have sufficient balance.

Thing is I am onlyhaving about 1.5 lakhs in lquid cash in bank acct in my name. Rest can I take a personal loan and show as total 3.5 lakhs cash in account? Is personal loan OK? I wud have a proper document in that case to prove the new 2lakhs in my acct.

Again I can show docuemnts like KVP, mutual funds and NCSs FDs in my name which can amount to significant figure. Is that OK too? What else do I need apart from this? Do I need an affidavit on stamp paper n this that I can liquify these anytime?

Also I can get acct balance of my dad's acct but then my dad makes fund deposits in that acct in CASH quite often. Is that ok? Shall I need letter from dad stating he can support me. Is it needed to be on stamp paper too. If so what shd be the text.

Smone plzzz plzzzz help me out on my queries.......... Sm successful or knowledgeable person on this kindly answer the queries...

Thanks,

allgo

sha
Newly Registered

Post by sha » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:02 pm

have a job offer from a good company in UK but the problem is i do not have sufficient funds in the bank(30k rupees).
Would that be a problem in my EC even though i have the job offer

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:12 pm

While having a job with a reputed co will definitely help, it is advisable that you do not take any chance. Why dont you go for a personal loan or something.
I too had a job while applying for EC (even a provision of huge sign on bonus) but I showed support from my parents.

regards,

push_hsmp
sha wrote:have a job offer from a good company in UK but the problem is i do not have sufficient funds in the bank(30k rupees).
Would that be a problem in my EC even though i have the job offer

push
United Kingdom

Re: abt personal loan for financial proof

Post by push » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:26 pm

Ppl say Personal loan is the best way to go about showing sufficient funds !!
allgo wrote:I actually posted the same in another place but tfind this trhead to be more relevant...sorry fo multiple posting...but can smone help.

I need to arrange for funds for my EC to show I have sufficient balance.

Thing is I am onlyhaving about 1.5 lakhs in lquid cash in bank acct in my name. Rest can I take a personal loan and show as total 3.5 lakhs cash in account? Is personal loan OK? I wud have a proper document in that case to prove the new 2lakhs in my acct.

Again I can show docuemnts like KVP, mutual funds and NCSs FDs in my name which can amount to significant figure. Is that OK too? What else do I need apart from this? Do I need an affidavit on stamp paper n this that I can liquify these anytime?

Also I can get acct balance of my dad's acct but then my dad makes fund deposits in that acct in CASH quite often. Is that ok? Shall I need letter from dad stating he can support me. Is it needed to be on stamp paper too. If so what shd be the text.

Smone plzzz plzzzz help me out on my queries.......... Sm successful or knowledgeable person on this kindly answer the queries...

Thanks,

allgo

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:21 am

Hi All,
Thanks for all ur support.
i got my visa .here r the timelines

Applied EC from blore: 23rd July
Got the passport stamped and received the passport: 7th Aug.

Visa is for 2 yrs.

Any tips what next to travel to UK?
Do I need to do any other formalities or u think I shud do before planning my travel? I am planning to travel mid of sept.

Thanks a tonn...

seavenu
Newly Registered

Post by seavenu » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:41 pm

Hi hsmp0804,
Can you please tell me whether the BHC people call you before giving u approval

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi All,

Applied on 25/07/2007 from Kolkata
Now, whenver i check with VFS or SMS, it is showing me PENDING FOR CHECKS.
What does this mean, Does everyone receive the same message.

Regards,

Ashish
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Om Reem Shri PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
________
ROOR BONGS
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

rsathish

Got my EC stamped

Post by rsathish » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:21 am

Hi All,

Got my EC stamped. Here are my timelines,

Applied on : Jul 23rd from VFS Chennai
Visa stamped on : Aug 6th.

Paid in cash 17,056/- in VFS Chennai. (Rs. 56 for DD Charges)

Integra verification: Checked with employer, there was no Integra verification done. No medical checkup too. I am into Mfg. Mgmt. sector.

Docs submitted for EC:

All HSMP docs + 15 days YMCA Hostel accomodation + job to which i had applied + my 6 months bank statement) plus other copies.

I got about 3.5 lakhs from my father, deposits were made in amounts of 45k to 50k from June adding to a total of 4.2 lakhs including my savings.

I only got a letter from my father on a plain paper, stating the funds were given by him to me for visa purpose and there is no objection from his side in me using the money. No affidavit or no notary seal/signature.

Will be flying to london on Aug 24. Any help reqd pls let me know.

Cheers,
Sathish

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:43 am

Congrats rsathish !!

regards,

push_hsmp

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi All,

I received my VISA for 2 years today.

My TimeLine:

1. Applied on : 25/07/2007 from Kolkata
2. IntegraScreen Checks : 30/07/2007 - 03/08/2007
3. Received the Visa : 08/08/2007 - 08/08/2009
4. Passports Received : 09/08/2007

I really want to thank this board for everything. From past 2 years I was the member of this board, and without all of you it was not possible.
All credit goes to this board.

Sincere Thanks to all the Members & wish you all the best.

Regards,

aj_sp_007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Om Reem Shri PadamPrabhu Jinendrai Namah
________
DODGE CUSTOM 880
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paulhsmp

Anyone from Bangalore??

Post by Paulhsmp » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:33 pm

Is there anyone from Bangalore who has applied for EC and still in Bangalore.
I need your help to verify my EC application and other documents.

maharamesh
Newly Registered

hi push_hsmp

Post by maharamesh » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:57 am

hi all,

got lot of information from this board & very helpful :D

and thanks for members like push_hsmp ,ritz123, etc., were doing a great job .

i have some doubts in filling ec form

i have applied for hsmp in march and got approval on june 5. in that time i was working in gujarat. after that i had resigned my job. now iam in chennai.
1 shall i show my reliving letter from the employer.
2 what should be filled in vaf1 form under present employement.
3 for supporting documents shall i show the pay slips of last six months before reliving
pls advice are any one have granted ec in this sitution

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi All,

Just starting with my EC application.

I would like to know what forms need to be submitted. I have HSMP approval and I would be applying for VISA with my wife as my dependant. Please confirm if the following list is fine.

- VAF 1 (Non Settlement) Forms
1 each for me and my wife

- IntegraScreen Verification Forms
1 each for me and my wife

- HSMP Points Proforma
1 copy, with my details since my wife is a dependant

Please clarify.

Thanks !!!

conk
Newly Registered

Post by conk » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:35 pm

I will apply for EC this week, but I haven't found any job in UK yet, because there is no chance to find job without work permission. I am waiting for EC to start job search. May it cause any problem?

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:20 am

Hi Fly2UK,

The forms that you have mentioned for you and your spouse is correct.
There are no other form required.

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:25 am

HI Conk,

It is nearly impossible to get a job unless you are already in UK. It is better that you apply for EC ASAP as there is no prior job offer required. You can then start searching for a job.

conk
Newly Registered

Post by conk » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:05 pm

Hi all,
Do we need to fill the "section 7 - employment in the united kindom" in VAF-1 form. please reply ASAP. Thanks

stalwart
Newly Registered

Approval recvd

Post by stalwart » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:58 am

Application sent by Courier: 21st July
Application recvd at HO: 24th July
Fee Debited: 26th July
Ref Received: 27th July
Approval date: 9th Aug
Papers recvd by Royal mail: 14th Aug

Thanks for all contributors of this forum without which things would have been different. Also, my application and support docs were straight forward.

Cheers.

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:29 pm

Hi ppl,

Congratulations to all those who have received their ECs recently.
I am going to apply for EC in next week. I have couple of doubts in this process:
1. In the integra form: there is a field as last salary drawn. I know many people have already replied for this query that it should be the last salary before tax deduction. Now my doubt is little different. In last months salary I received some of my perdiem amount which I had not claimed in the respective time duration earlier. It was given in this last months salary under the head - "Others". So suddenly my last months salary is showing a very big amount. So my doubt is now what should I write in the column for last months salary. With or without this "Others" head. Please guide me in this.
2. My second doubt is regarding CV. In some forums I have seen that people are including their CV in the EC application documents. Is this necessary? Because many of the list of documents supplied by people here do not have CV in it. So please tell me if CV should be included in the list of documents to be submitted for EC?

Many thanks,
mayhsmp

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi MayHSMP,

Just mention whatever is mentioned in your last payslip. CV is not mandatory, you can give if you would like to. There is no special weightage added to it.

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:43 pm

Thanks a lot Dhanu, but my doubt is wouldnt it be wrong to claim so big a salary? I dont have that big salary. Would it by any chance amount to giving misleading information?

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:00 pm

Since this "huge" amount will be mentioned under the "others" column they will understand that it is something that comes once in a while and not something that is part of your every month salary. Moreover, Integra will not be so much bothered about your salary. Their investigation will be more about whether the company you are working for exists in the first place and if so, whether or not you are really an employee there. Just mentioning what is there in your payslip does not amount to giving misleading information. Hope that answers your concerns.

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:09 pm

Thanks again Dhanu. Your post makes sense. I hope it will be as you said.

Cheers,
mayhsmp