ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ket1

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Ket1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:45 am

[quote="saf786"]i just wanted to share this with you because i feel this just shows that they really ar not being precise and ANYBODY randomly just emails you back with any information they can get hold of regarding your applications

basically my case has been on hold since october when i was told that my further documents had not been accepted so i waited and waited, then in june i decided to send more documents which were all relevant to my applications. after i had sent these i emailed my mp to ask him to trace this and see whether they had accepted the documents. My mp emailed me back to inform me that my application was on hold but in the end he also mentioned that the HO had recieved addiotnal documents. they had wrote. ' i confirm that the entry clearance officer at the post has recieved addtional documents. further consideratrion will now be geven to Mr N case, however if the financial requirements is not met, his application will remain on hold.'

so i thought fine...gave it a go ..nothing to lose

after fridays judgement i emailed them to ask if my documents had been assessed

this morning at 10:43 i received this email

Thank you for your e-mail of 30 June 2014 enquiring about the progress of your application.
Your application is on hold due to minimum income threshold and the final decision will be taken in due course. I regret to say that we cannot give you precise timeframe at present, please wait to be contacted.

then at 10:47 i received this email

Thank you for your e-mail enquiring about the progress of your application. I can confirm that we have received additional documents on 20 June and forwarded to the relevant team for further process. Please note that your application is currently being processed but we cannot make a decision until all of our checks have been completed. We will do this as soon as we can but cannot give you precise timeframe at present.

NOTE: Please do not reply to this email address in future. For all future enquiries about UK visas you should visit http://www.ukvi-international.faq-help.com in the first instance

dont know what to make out of this ...dont want to get my hopes up... and i am actual ready for a refusal hoping to appeal[/quote

they are so annoying, dont actually gt up n chek jus do random copy and paste jobs
i relly dont no wot to make of this they mess u around so mucch, ive been waiting 3 months nw n i dont no whether my additional docs have been accepted or nt
personally if a refusal takes place i would advise u to reapply if ur circumstances mean u know meet the income as appeal seems lyk a much longer route
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

Beena

Post by Beena » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Beena our timeline is quite similar, Did they put your application on hold or what?
Hi Qads.. nope, not that i know of! I rang ukvi (or whoever it was lol) and they said that they have to open the case by a certain number of days, and in my case they hadnt, it had been about 3/4 months, therefore what the advisor did was esculate my case, in the hope for some answers. I was told id receive and email or some correspondence but i havent still.. i did receive an email (i quoted it on this forum a few pages back) but tbh it wasnt of any use at all.. when did you apply? InshaAllah we will hear something soon, theres only a few weeks left until my 24 week are over.. have you been put on hold?
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

Decision withdrawn before hearing

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Call in letter/IHS paid-1/12/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Collected-15/12/16 Alhamdulillah

Faz1985ashraf
Newly Registered

Post by Faz1985ashraf » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Today I emailed my local mp.... He says he can help in immigration matters so lets see what he will say and do!

Faisal

qadz

Post by qadz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Beena wrote:
Beena our timeline is quite similar, Did they put your application on hold or what?
Hi Qads.. nope, not that i know of! I rang ukvi (or whoever it was lol) and they said that they have to open the case by a certain number of days, and in my case they hadnt, it had been about 3/4 months, therefore what the advisor did was esculate my case, in the hope for some answers. I was told id receive and email or some correspondence but i havent still.. i did receive an email (i quoted it on this forum a few pages back) but tbh it wasnt of any use at all.. when did you apply? InshaAllah we will hear something soon, theres only a few weeks left until my 24 week are over.. have you been put on hold?
Hi Beena,
here goes my timeline,
Applied on 18th Feb 2014,
Forwarded to BHC on 3rd March 2014,
and still waiting ..
Contacted ukvi ,and thats what i got
"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry
service.
Your visa application has not been processed yet. We are waiting for an
entry clearance officer to access your application."
Anyone with similar response? How much time it can take further?
Moreover, can we contact to our local MP before the period of 120 Days or not? Dont know what to do:( they haven't even get my documents yet. :( so worried

newstart2014
Newly Registered

Post by newstart2014 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:18 pm

Salam ladies and gentlemen,

reading about the pain and anguish of all and becoming apprehensive about my case too, I sometimes wonder is increasing population such a big pb in uk that they are making us go through such torture? what exactly is the reason why are they doing this?

they have closed all doors of direct communication with applicants like Gerry's helpline?? why? that's such a big setback. also no online tracking system anymore. on top of it the have merged ukba website with gov.uk which in my opinion is not user friendly for immigration related material. thy used to have links related IDIs and stuff. now its all lost on this one big gov.uk website or the have removed this supporting material and now applicants are totally dependent on lawyers for advice. educated applicants cannot read up on past rules or cases anymore. british high commission's phone number is mostly not responded. im truly disappointed by them and feel mistreated and discriminated against as Pakistani. other counties do not complain. look at this blog, its specifically for pakistanis and we have the most posts. I wish we could file a complaint at some international level or atleast with british government about this weak process they have.

im so upset thinking that my application will meet the same fate as many of u. i wonder how u guys are coping being separated from spouses for so long. I mean life actually doesn't start for us even if we get married. I think Pakistanis will eventually stop marrying uk settled ppl if this continues a our race and culture will cease to exist or we wud have to come back to Pakistan and leave a life and start from scratch to build a new one and its not easy for males to come back and start looking for a job here. it just causes tension n marital life.

I applied in first week of july 2014. its been a week. im just wondering how much longer will it take. I head somebody got a visa in 3 weeks. they applied in may 2014. my question is, I there anybody n this forum who applied after may 2014 and got visa? maybe applications before may2014 are being treated separately? somebody said that checks with hmrc and banks are one via letters that cd take months, why dot they just call them up or email? shudnt we write to embassy or government and ask for transparency?

HELLO786
Member of Standing

Post by HELLO786 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:30 pm

newstart2014 wrote:Salam ladies and gentlemen,

reading about the pain and anguish of all and becoming apprehensive about my case too, I sometimes wonder is increasing population such a big pb in uk that they are making us go through such torture? what exactly is the reason why are they doing this?

they have closed all doors of direct communication with applicants like Gerry's helpline?? why? that's such a big setback. also no online tracking system anymore. on top of it the have merged ukba website with gov.uk which in my opinion is not user friendly for immigration related material. thy used to have links related IDIs and stuff. now its all lost on this one big gov.uk website or the have removed this supporting material and now applicants are totally dependent on lawyers for advice. educated applicants cannot read up on past rules or cases anymore. british high commission's phone number applied after may 2014 and got visa? maybe applications before may2014 are being treated separately? somebody said that checks with hmrc and banks are one via letters that cd take months, why dot they just call them up or email? shudnt we write to embassy or government and ask for transparency?

Hi if u dont mind me asking under what category did h apply u under and how many payslips did u provide ??

I have been refused twice tried complainig phoning writing lettter emailing and got mp involved. Truth govt just doesnt care. This obviously now evident through the unjustfied judgement of keeping income so high when there own minimum wage is ridiculously low. And as u mentioned the new systen gov.uk is rubbish and confusing. Day by day they are making more and more obstacles for us.
Applied online 15/9/15
Biometrics mirpur 17/9/15
Documents confirmation November

sumeensaleem
Newly Registered

Post by sumeensaleem » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi all,
Who applied in jan 2014, feb 2014 and has not heard a decision yet?

I applied on the 28/02/2014 and have not heard anything.
I want to go back to celebrate eid with my husband.
Does anyone think its a good idea?

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:51 pm

sumeensaleem wrote:Hi all,

:roll: PEOPLE WHO APPLIED IN DECEMBER 2013 ARE STILL WAITING SO SIT BACK AND CHILL OUT.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

FARAHRAZZ
Newly Registered

Post by FARAHRAZZ » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi;

I looked through the FAQs but I can't find the option where I can post a new post. I applied for my Visa in Karachi on the 9th of Jan 2014 , I have written to UKBA thrice, the first 2 times they told me that the visa application has not been yet accessed by the ECO and today I got a reply saying that it is in process. People at UKBA have a very confusing way of emailing with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, in all three emails, so I am not sure that IELTS is of any use for the people trying to make it to the UK to be with their loved ones, as they themselves have horrible standards of written english, anyhow just wanted to vent this bit, but all of you can understand my frustration as it has been over six months now.

Assuming that everything in my application is in place, my husband meets the GPB 18,600/ requirement and I have studied in the UK for my under and post graduate degree which exempts me from IELTS, and I have already a 10 year multiple british visit visa and we have submitted everything else like his tax returns, pay slips.

So my main question is: Does In Process mean that the application is being accessed by the ECO at the moment or they have casually written the same thing in a different way? secondly I want to know, are there any steps before the application reaches the ECO, or was it just collecting dust all this while? and lastly I want to wish everyone here best of luck with their applications and hopefully we will all soon be with our loved ones.

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi everyone

Today my husband was at the embassy, he went with his sister whilst he was thr they asked about what's happening with his passport out of curiosity. The person at the embassy replied that those on hold will be called for an interview and they will receive a decision in due course. My husband then asked why it would take so long when they stand to be refused the person said this is not the case thr is a 50/50 chance. Half an hour after speaking to my husband my mp emailed me (he has been dealing with my application) the email said it's difficult to say whether or no ur application will be refused ur employer has confirmed ur income over the threshold and recent proof sent to the embassy has been received and attached to my husbands case. The mp also said that another person with a similar case to mine has had thr visa allowed after submitting additional documents... This gives us a little hope... Jo ALLAH ko manzoor hai .. Jus have Sabr everyone me and my husband have been waiting a long long time

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:15 pm

Salaam

does anyone know why my spouse got charged 6000 rupees extra when she went to submit her documents?
does this happen often? has anyone else experienced this?
I had already paid for the premium lounge service, and i wasn't expecting gerrys to rip us off even more

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Sarah786 wrote:Hi everyone

Today my husband was at the embassy, he went with his sister whilst he was thr they asked about what's happening with his passport out of curiosity. The person at the embassy replied that those on hold will be called for an interview and they will receive a decision in due course. My husband then asked why it would take so long when they stand to be refused the person said this is not the case thr is a 50/50 chance. Half an hour after speaking to my husband my mp emailed me (he has been dealing with my application) the email said it's difficult to say whether or no ur application will be refused ur employer has confirmed ur income over the threshold and recent proof sent to the embassy has been received and attached to my husbands case. The mp also said that another person with a similar case to mine has had thr visa allowed after submitting additional documents... This gives us a little hope... Jo ALLAH ko manzoor hai .. Jus have Sabr everyone me and my husband have been waiting a long long time

Does this mean eryone on hold wil b called for an interview? Thy rely need to make the minds up! They hold cases due to income and wen we prove that thy cant take it so luk for otha excuses to reject the cases

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:17 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:Salaam

does anyone know why my spouse got charged 6000 rupees extra when she went to submit her documents?
I had already paid for the premium lounge service, and i wasn't expecting gerrys to rip us off even more
Apparently ther prices change all th tym same happend with my husband

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:19 pm

zeeh wrote:
sumeensaleem wrote:Hi all,

:roll: PEOPLE WHO APPLIED IN DECEMBER 2013 ARE STILL WAITING SO SIT BACK AND CHILL OUT.
I also applied in January and my ears are waiting to listen something good news about visa.
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Sister in sha allah u will hear good news
MY TIMELINE:

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:24 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:Salaam

May be they charged for premium lounge service.
MY TIMELINE:

newstart2014
Newly Registered

Post by newstart2014 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:26 pm

i applied in category A and submitted 12 months payslips and 6 months bank statement. I wonder if categories have any impact on application delays? I see ppl keep asking about the inner processes and workings of ECO and british high commission. we shud know that we are all applicants here and no insider from bhc so we have no idea about the inner processes that's why I asked for transparency.
we are laypeople here and sharing our opinions and conjectures. it is possible that they may be sorting applications according to categories and then according to the status of spouse whether ilr or british citizen etc. but first they have to review the files to sort them. im guessing that the files are not being reviewed. because they have given us timelines that applications take atleast 6 months this means they cud be sorting or piling up applications according to dates they are submitted and may not be touching them before x many months hence collecting dust.
another reason can be that I have heard within uk they had passport issuance problem this summer so they delegated the passport issuance at country level british high commissions or embassies. so they must be prioritizing that because there was quite a racket in the news about this.
but my question to these people is that those persons who meet the income requirement shud be dealt with within 1 month. why is this not possible? I mean shudnt they give us figures how many applications each month they are receiving for spouse settlement? they shud hire people according to the influx and speed up verification process like have access to hmrc directly and access their database or email them and one person at hmrc shud be dedicated to visa related queries who shud be responding within 24 hrs. and there are only a handful of banks therefore they shud contact each bank and ask them to keep one dedicated person for visa related queries and shud respond within 1 day. other verifications shud be made on phone with employers or emails max. im sure that will not take months. this is just absolutely wrong what they are doing.
we are their customers if nothing else and they shud atleast give us customized status. I can understand dealing with 1000s of applications is cumbersome but tough luck man! either they freeze spouse visa category or they make systems such which makes this transparent and shorten they wait time. 6 months is simply too long.

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:43 pm

Ket1 wrote:

Does this mean eryone on hold wil b called for an interview? Thy rely need to make the minds up! They hold cases due to income and wen we prove that thy cant take it so luk for otha excuses to reject the cases
Salaam ket1
From what my husband was told we r under the impression that everyone on hold will be called for interview. If this is true or not I have no idea. We have been told by the mp that our case will be under review I'm jus praying it's good news. Just prepare ur spouse for the interview inshallah I hope u hear something soon

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:45 pm

Safikazmi12 wrote:

Sister in sha allah u will hear good news
jazakallah khair.. Prayers to u as well..

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:54 pm

newstart2014 wrote:i applied in category A and submitted 12 months payslips and 6 months bank statement. I wonder if categories have any impact on application delays? I see ppl keep asking about the inner processes and workings of ECO and british high commission. we shud know that we are all applicants here and no insider from bhc so we have no idea about the inner processes that's why I asked for transparency.
we are laypeople here and sharing our opinions and conjectures. it is possible that they may be sorting applications according to categories and then according to the status of spouse whether ilr or british citizen etc. but first they have to review the files to sort them. im guessing that the files are not being reviewed. because they have given us timelines that applications take atleast 6 months this means they cud be sorting or piling up applications according to dates they are submitted and may not be touching them before x many months hence collecting dust.
another reason can be that I have heard within uk they had passport issuance problem this summer so they delegated the passport issuance at country level british high commissions or embassies. so they must be prioritizing that because there was quite a racket in the news about this.
but my question to these people is that those persons who meet the income requirement shud be dealt with within 1 month. why is this not possible? I mean shudnt they give us figures how many applications each month they are receiving for spouse settlement? they shud hire people according to the influx and speed up verification process like have access to hmrc directly and access their database or email them and one person at hmrc shud be dedicated to visa related queries who shud be responding within 24 hrs. and there are only a handful of banks therefore they shud contact each bank and ask them to keep one dedicated person for visa related queries and shud respond within 1 day. other verifications shud be made on phone with employers or emails max. im sure that will not take months. this is just absolutely wrong what they are doing.
we are their customers if nothing else and they shud atleast give us customized status. I can understand dealing with 1000s of applications is cumbersome but tough luck man! either they freeze spouse visa category or they make systems such which makes this transparent and shorten they wait time. 6 months is simply too long.
Thr is so many questions unanswered for everyone. Me and my husband waited 5 years for families to agree to a nikah after this another 2 years until our rukhsati/walima. It's so easy to lose faith in Allah but remember if you r destined to be together than u will it's all about patience. Our relationship was difficult from the start (issues with families etc) and the difficulties have not got any better, but I believe somewhere along the lines thr is light at the end of the tunnel. Me and my husband both have faith in ALLAH. We have lost so much thanks to this visa malarkey... It's down to kismet

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:55 pm

Sarah786 wrote:
Ket1 wrote:

Salaam ket1
From what my husband was told we r under the impression that everyone on hold will be called for interview. If this is true or not I have no idea. We have been told by the mp that our case will be under review I'm jus praying it's good news. Just prepare ur spouse for the interview inshallah I hope u hear something soon
Thank u sister please do let me know of anyone if u hear and wot thy ask i hav jus sent my hubby all questions off this forum they have askd people lol thank u so mych sister inshallah same to u ur all in my duwas we need to prey for each otha and the angels will say ameen for us to

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:00 am

Ket 1
If you don't mind can you please post some questions. My husband asked at the embassy and they told him they will ask stuff like where does Ur wife live and about income

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:23 am

All of u stay strong have faith in Allah ands hos doings. Allah works in mysterious ways, things happen for reasons nd this is because Allah has bigger and better stuff planned for us although it may not seem like it. My visa process has taken two years it's the first and last time I will apply. But whatever Allah chooses I have faith in his choice... Things will happen when it's in our kismet we can try all we want

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:50 am

Hi i really hope what they told your husband is true. Also can i ask did he go to Gerry's with your sister in law or embassy?

Insha Allah we all will hear good news and hopefully soon.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:19 am

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:

Hi i really hope what they told your husband is true. Also can i ask did he go to Gerry's with your sister in law or embassy?

Insha Allah we all will hear good news and hopefully soon.
Inshallah, and tbh I'm not sure he said embassy but it was a quick convo, I spoke to my sis in law via whatsapp but I never asked where I was more curious to know what was said. He did say he was in Mirpur so could be gerrys. If you don't mind me asking how do u know ur additional documents were rejected?