ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help - Past Earning Section

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rudresh
Newly Registered

Help - Past Earning Section

Post by Rudresh » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:41 pm

Hi,

I've gained immensly from this forum, Thanks for that, I submitted my application on friday, the courier confirmed delivery this morning, I have made what I think might be a costly error on the application, P60 that I have enclosed covers only a part of the period claimed, I have provided alternate evidence such as signed/sealed copies of my payslips, bank statement and letter from employer, I however have NOT completed the exceptional consideration request for that section, OVERSIGHT :oops: , what is the way forward ? please suggest as this is making me very nervous

Also, the total earnings on my payslips is enough to give me the points for approval, the payslips total to about £40,600 whilst the P60 shows £41,500 something ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have included a cover note for each section, in the cover note I have clearly stated that the P60 does not cover the entire claim period, is this sufficient ??

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:29 pm

Try faxing a covering letter along with the appropriate page from application (this time making sure you tick the exceptional request).
And followup with the HO over the phone to make sure its been linked to ur file.

hope this helps,

cheers
venga_pal

Rudresh
Newly Registered

Post by Rudresh » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:46 pm

venga_pal wrote:Try faxing a covering letter along with the appropriate page from application (this time making sure you tick the exceptional request).
And followup with the HO over the phone to make sure its been linked to ur file.

hope this helps,

cheers
venga_pal
Thanks for the prompt response, what is it that I state in the cover letter ? (I mean, is there a particular format as such ?) and do I also put copies in the mail as well, just in case the faxed copy turns out illegible ?

also, by us doing what we are doing, would it highlight the mismatch in P60 & the paystubs ? is this okay ? thanks for your continued patience

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Help - Past Earning Section

Post by pantaiema » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:38 pm

Fax the relevant page to your caseworker
Follow up with the relevant page with Royal mail.

Pantaiema

Rudresh wrote:Hi,

I've gained immensly from this forum, Thanks for that, I submitted my application on friday, the courier confirmed delivery this morning, I have made what I think might be a costly error on the application, P60 that I have enclosed covers only a part of the period claimed, I have provided alternate evidence such as signed/sealed copies of my payslips, bank statement and letter from employer, I however have NOT completed the exceptional consideration request for that section, OVERSIGHT :oops: , what is the way forward ? please suggest as this is making me very nervous

Also, the total earnings on my payslips is enough to give me the points for approval, the payslips total to about £40,600 whilst the P60 shows £41,500 something ?

I have included a cover note for each section, in the cover note I have clearly stated that the P60 does not cover the entire claim period, is this sufficient ??
Pantaiema

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:20 pm

Well just do the both (fax and post) so that you make sure you pass the required message and the relevent page from application to them.

Also Make sure to follow-up whether they have recived it and linked it to ur file...

No particular format.. for covering letter.. just explain what you have explained to this board but in a more formal way.

I think it shud work...

Hope its helpful,
Cheers,
venga_pal

Rudresh
Newly Registered

Post by Rudresh » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:39 am

Thanks venga_pal & Pantaiema :), I shall do what you guys have suggested, hopefully this should do the trick, cheers, much appreciated

ESCO
Newly Registered

HSMP Application Rejected On Past Earning

Post by ESCO » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:19 pm

Hi Wondering if someone can help or assist or has had the same problem.

I recently applied 14.06.07 for HSMP from Ireland and applied and claim 80 points
Degree Bachelors = 30 points
Earning €71,422.78~£48,295K = 45 points
Age 31 = 05 points

I worked for 2 employers in the last 12 months
Employer 1 = Jul 06 - Dec 06, Employer1 had some arrears which was paid in Jan 07, Employer 2 = Jan 07 - Jun 07, Employer2 had some arrears which was paid in Jul 07

In Ireland P60 runs from Jan - Dec. I was only able to produce P60 from Employer1. P60 from Employer2 would only be available in Dec07/Jan08.

I wrote to explain on the cover letter that P60 runs from Jan - Dec per year. In it I also wrote explaining why I had P60 for employer1 and not Employer2. I provided employers details and the period which I worked for each employer. I however DID NOT submit bank statements or letters from my employer as they requested employer details so that they could contact the employer if in doubt.

I got rejected and was awarded 55 points.
Degree Bachelors = 30 points
Earning €37,966.87~£25,838 = 20 points
Age 31 = 05 points
Reasons as on the letter was
- You stated your income of £48295.30
- You supplied 2 pieces of evidence to support this however the P60 doesnt cover the full period and no other collaborating evidence as been provided.
- We need to see two pieces of evidence to support the claim. the 2 pieces of evidence provided must be consistent with,and collaborate, each other. We request more than one piece of evidence in these scoring areas because it is important that we are able to clearly establish the salary. We specify two forms of required evidence and offer two alternatives for applicants to provide for salaried employment.
- We have accessed periods 01/07/2006 - 31/12/2006 which the P60 covers and this equates to €37966.87 ~ £25838.32
In line with the published guidance, 20 points have been awarded.

For the above reasons my application was rejected.
I have been told that i can ask for a review with only information I initially submitted or I make a fresh application with the new details required.

The problems/questions/concerns are
1) If I apply again I need to make a new payment so can I do the review instead and submit the extra info?
2) If I apply again i loose 5 points as i became 32 on the 6th of august.
3) I worked for 2 employers in the last 12 months
Employer 1 = Jul 06 - Dec 06, Employer1 had some arrears which was paid in Jan 07
Employer 2 = Jan 07 - Jun 07, Employer2 had some arrears which was paid in Jul 07

However for the points award by the HO for Employer 1 (Jul 06 - Dec 06) they only calculated this period and they did not include the arrears paid of 158.20 paid in Jan which could have gotten me +£26K and given me 25 points

So when and if I submit the new evidence ie Letter from Employer1 and Employer2 and bank statement, would they score
1) The points for Employer1 as 20 points and for employer2 as 20 points to make it 40 points in this case i loose.
2) The points for Employer1 + arrears making 25 points and Employer2 + arrears making 25 points to make it 50 points in this case i gain OR.....
3) Would they add all the amounts earned + arrears paid in Jan 07 and Jul 07 and give me 45 points in this case I still gain 45points.

Any comments as any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Esco

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:48 pm

ESCO

By this point, you won't be able to use your tax returns in a fresh application, so you should take all earnings in a twelve-month (say, 1 Aug 06 - 31 July 07) and tally them. It won't matter whether the payments are made in arrears or otherwise, so long as they are received in that period and documented as part of your gross earnings on the payslips and in the direct-deposits (net) into your bank account. If you received a payment within that time-frame, count it. Take that tally, convert it to sterling, and then determine whether the sum renders you eligible for the 45 points that you need. You don't get points separately assigned per employer/job; the points are assigned against the aggregation of earnings over the period in question.

The evidence you will need will be:
1. each and every payslip from the period claimed, from both employers
2. bank statements showing each net payment from those payslips
3. you could also get a letter from the two employers indicating what they paid you in that period claimed.

Good luck
AG

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:32 am

just a wicked thought. not necessarily to be considered.

you can stop your payment(dont have enough funds in your account) and they shall return your file back and then you can reapply!!!

fareedbaig

Post by fareedbaig » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:15 am

HO do provide some time to send some additional docs before a case
worker takes a decission on your file.

Stopping the payment is not right, just because any one wants to rectify their mistake they cannot stop a payment to a payee, which they have already athorized the payee to withdraw the amount.

HO might not like it and they might put a black mark against your file, so be carefull and think twise before taking this kind of steps. Also you will be creating some more hurdels for other HSMP applicants.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:18 am

fareedbaig wrote:HO do provide some time to send some additional docs before a case
worker takes a decission on your file.

Stopping the payment is not right, just because any one wants to rectify their mistake they cannot stop a payment to a payee, which they have already athorized the payee to withdraw the amount.

HO might not like it and they might put a black mark against your file, so be carefull and think twise before taking this kind of steps. Also you will be creating some more hurdels for other HSMP applicants.
Umm no, the payment is for processing. if they haven't started the processing, then you have every right to stop payment if you change your mind

makon

Re: Help - Past Earning Section

Post by makon » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:41 pm

Rudresh wrote:Hi,

I think the best thing for you to do is to fill another form completely and correctly. Print your full name, natiionality and date of birth boldly on a sheet of paper and staple to the form, then write a cover letter explaining ur mistake