ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on Naturalisation Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

divisionbell

Mistake on Naturalisation Form

Post by divisionbell » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi,
I submitted my Naturalisation application on 15th May. After a few days of submitting my application, I realised I had made a mistake. In the section where I had to provide the details about my parents, by mistake, I mentioned my father's place of birth as my mother's place birth. And i mentioned my mother's place of birth as my father's place of birth. Can experts on this forum suggest if it is a major or minor mistake? Should I sit back and wait for the response from Home Office or should I contact them on phone and inform them about this mistake?
Thanks

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: Mistake on Naturalisation Form

Post by go2khurram » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:53 pm

divisionbell wrote:Hi,
I submitted my Naturalisation application on 15th May. After a few days of submitting my application, I realised I had made a mistake. In the section where I had to provide the details about my parents, by mistake, I mentioned my father's place of birth as my mother's place birth. And i mentioned my mother's place of birth as my father's place of birth. Can experts on this forum suggest if it is a major or minor mistake? Should I sit back and wait for the response from Home Office or should I contact them on phone and inform them about this mistake?
Thanks
I think its not a big mistake and will not affect your application. They already got the parent details in every application so , they might not even bother .. finger crossed
*please do not take this as professional advice**

divisionbell

Re: Mistake on Naturalisation Form

Post by divisionbell » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:49 am

go2khurram wrote:
divisionbell wrote:Hi,
Thanks
I think its not a big mistake and will not affect your application. They already got the parent details in every application so , they might not even bother .. finger crossed
Thanks Khurram. In such cases, do they ever contact the applicant or just use the information provided?