ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is it true tht Non eea RC period is nt count for10 I(LR)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faizan2005
Newly Registered

is it true tht Non eea RC period is nt count for10 I(LR)

Post by faizan2005 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:46 am

Dear members,

Is it true that non EEA family member resident card for 5 years is not counting for 10 years long resident ILR? one of my solicitor told me that this period of resident card for 5 years are not included for long resident if i apply for ILR in long residency. as it has been change in 2013.

please help as I m having 5 years non EEA 5 years RC and my 10 years completing before its expire. and i m planning to apply for long resident ILR.

thanks for your help in advance.

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: is it true tht Non eea RC period is nt count for10 I(LR)

Post by rosebead » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:04 am

I don't know about that but you can apply for Permanent Resident status under EEA regulations through the EEA4 form. Permanent Residence is an indefinite leave to remain, which you have automatically after 5 years in the country as the family member of an EEA national who is exercising Treaty rights - an EEA4 merely confirms the right you automatically have. Why would you want to go a 10-year route when Permanent Residence under EEA regulations can be achieved in 5 years? For EEA4, you need to provide proof that your EEA sponsor has been exercising Treaty rights for 5 years (i.e. working, self-employed, studying or self-sufficient) and proof that you and your sponsor have been residing in the UK for 5 years.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:13 am

faizan2005 wrote:Is it true that non EEA family member resident card for 5 years is not counting for 10 years long resident ILR? one of my solicitor told me that this period of resident card for 5 years are not included for long resident if i apply for ILR in long residency. as it has been change in 2013.
Untrue. However, not recommended.

Note that a RC only provides confirmation of status at the time of the application. It does not confer your status. Moreover,
EUN2.20 wrote:- it is not a compulsory requirement.
Therefore, its expiry also makes little difference.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

uk2005

Post by uk2005 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:22 am

yes its countable
i know few people got 10years ILR useing RC time as well
BC 7/5/2015(NCS)
HO received 8/5/2015
Biometric done 1/6/2015
Appoval 31/10/2015
Ceremony 03/11/2015
Never give up hope!