ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If refused Spouse visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sammie121

If refused Spouse visa?

Post by sammie121 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:54 am

Hello iam 6 months pregnant and my husband is back in Albania awaiting his interview for the spouse visa, we have all the documents but he is another outstayed his welcome by a long time..he was not deported and did have a genuine reason at the time to remain here due to a serious car accident.He was allowed to stay but not claim any benefits on medical grounds etc.(iam not sure how long this permission was granted for)

Iam concerned if he is refused he will not be at the birth which is not something you can re-do..... will he be able to apply for a visitor visa while waiting the outcome of the Spouse one? or if rejected for the spouse, will it affect his chances of getting a 3 months visitor visa so then after our child is born we can return to Albania together to live as a family?

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:40 am

Sorry if it is an emotional/hormonal worry question.... iam feeling so stressed and anxious and thought maybe someone knew anything about these things.... :cry:

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:14 am

It is unlikely that he will be considered for a visit visa while waiting for the outcome of the spousal visa. They simply won't believe his intention to return. He can try, but I doubt it would succeed.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:59 am

Ok thank you, we would return but i see that they would doubt that. I will have to see what happens and act accordingly, i would move there before but the medical care costs etc.......

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:57 pm

I agree with VictoriaS that I don't think the Embassy would give him a visitor's visa either whilst waiting for spouse visa, or if refused spouse visa, for the very reason that they won't believe he'll return to Albania at the end of the visit with a wife and child still in the UK.

My husband is Albanian and we applied for a spouse visa in December 2006 which was granted. His brother however was in the same situation as you - his girlfriend was pregnant at the time he got removed from the UK and in order to get him back what seemed to be a quicker way was for him to apply for a fiance visa and then they got married here in the UK after the baby was born and applied for a spouse visa which was granted.

My husband and his brother got removed from the UK at the same time in November 2006 - his brother returned in six weeks (on the fiance visa route), my husband waited 4 months for his visa. I know other people's experiences are different (i.e quicker!) but if you've provided the Embassy with all the required documents, and of course evidence of the baby coming is proof enough that it is a genuine relationship then they shouldn't have any reason to refuse the spouse visa - just hope they issue it in time for him to be at the birth - Good luck!

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:11 pm

Thank you, we have decided if we can't live in the UK then of course we will move there once the baby is born, but convincing them that would be a task and half. His interview is the 21st of this month and i hope to go back to Albania on Sunday... then return to give birth here, all i can do is hope i will let you guys know how we get on.

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:26 am

Got the visa and are back together in the UK>>>>> :D

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:28 am

sammie121, Many congratulations.

alba29

Post by alba29 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:54 am

sammie121 wrote:Got the visa and are back together in the UK>>>>> :D
Congratulations, and all the best with the birth of your new baby.

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:46 am

Thanks Guys..... Good luck to everyone else!!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:08 pm

Glad to hear it! Best wishes for a safe and happy delivery.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

clairey

Post by clairey » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:20 pm

Congratulations to you and your husband... and the bump! :) Urime!

katiepig
Newly Registered

Brilliant news

Post by katiepig » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:48 pm

That is so great.
My husband has just booked his flight today to return after overstaying then delays due to applications and will also apply for a spouse visa.Your story gives us hope.
We also have a new baby, so congratulations they are fantastic ( appart from early hours of the morning !!) :)