ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My AN application checklist

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chelsea2014

My AN application checklist

Post by chelsea2014 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi All

I came in with HSMP (2008), got extension Tier1 (2010), ILR (23rd August 2013). I have just a month now to apply for British Citizenship so my understanding is that i have to Naturalize first before applying for BP.

This is what I am putting together so I hope I haven't missed anything:

* Application Form: Latest AN Form (2 copies for me and my spouse) + MN1 for my son
- My twin daugthers where given birth in UK before I got my ILR. Would I have to also submit an MN1 form for each one of them?

* Application Date: Plan to submit the application after the 23rd of August.
- Should I submit application after this date?

* Proof Of English: Me and Spouse already did the Life in UK Test during ILR application + Passport from English speaking country. -
- Will this suffice?

* Evidence of tax: All my P60 forms

* Parents DOB: Issue is that I don't know my mum's DOB since I lost her when I was very young. What can I do here in case my DAD does not remember as he his getting old?

* Apply using NCS: Is it advisable I apply through one of the NCS centers?

Not sure if I have missed anything else.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: My AN application checklist

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:49 pm

chelsea2014 wrote:Hi All

I came in with HSMP (2008), got extension Tier1 (2010), ILR (23rd August 2013). I have just a month now to apply for British Citizenship so my understanding is that i have to Naturalize first before applying for BP.

This is what I am putting together so I hope I haven't missed anything:

* Application Form: Latest AN Form (2 copies for me and my spouse) + MN1 for my son
- My twin daugthers where given birth in UK before I got my ILR. Would I have to also submit an MN1 form for each one of them? they will need to apply on MN1 each under section 1(3) which is an entitlement to register as British citizens

* Application Date: Plan to submit the application after the 23rd of August.
- Should I submit application after this date? as long as you and your spouse have ILR for 12 months and have 5 years residence, then it should be fine.

* Proof Of English: Me and Spouse already did the Life in UK Test during ILR application + Passport from English speaking country. -
- Will this suffice? Which country are you from?

* Evidence of tax: All my P60 forms

* Parents DOB: Issue is that I don't know my mum's DOB since I lost her when I was very young. What can I do here in case my DAD does not remember as he his getting old? you can write 'details not known'

* Apply using NCS: Is it advisable I apply through one of the NCS centers? yes, for a fee, as you get to keep all your original documents/passports

Not sure if I have missed anything else.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chelsea2014

Post by chelsea2014 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Thanks CRC001, country is Nigeria.

For my kids, does it mean I have to fill separate forms for each one of them?

Just thought of the amount to pay:

Me & Spouse: £906 x 2 = £1812
my Kids: £669 x 3 = £2007
Total: £3819

This country should be the richest country in the globe.

Also noticed an £80 ceremony fee, is this something I should factor in now or later?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:14 pm

A separate form is required for each applicant, so in your case it will be 2 AN forms and 3 MN1 forms.

The £80 is included in the individual adult fee of £906, so no extra to be paid.

You and your spouse will both need to meet the English Language level B1 requirement as Nigeria is NOT an English speaking country, see link below :

https://www.gov.uk/english-language
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chelsea2014

Post by chelsea2014 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:00 am

CR001 wrote: You and your spouse will both need to meet the English Language level B1 requirement as Nigeria is NOT an English speaking country, see link below :

https://www.gov.uk/english-language
Seriously :shock: Nigeria NOT an English speaking country? Where is the time to start reading for exams. This is unbelievable.

The form states:

Your passport showing that you are a national of a majority English speaking country;

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:18 am

Yes, but the list in the link does not include Nigeria as a majority speaking English country. To be honest, the list does not and should not include any African countries as they are not English majority.

I am from South Africa, which is English, and even SA citizens have to do the English test.

It is an easy test, about 10 minutes speaking and listening, no course needs to be done and if you speak, read and write English well, the test will be a breeze. Costs vary though but in the region on £125 per person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:30 am

CR001 wrote:Yes, but the list in the link does not include Nigeria as a majority speaking English country. To be honest, the list does not and should not include any African countries as they are not English majority.

I am from South Africa, which is English, and even SA citizens have to do the English test.

It is an easy test, about 10 minutes speaking and listening, no course needs to be done and if you speak, read and write English well, the test will be a breeze. Costs vary though but in the region on £125 per person.

Hi CR001 .. Is this the exam ?

http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/b1-esol ... vel-3.html

This is an easy way I think instead of dealing with NARIC.. but the down side is

Price £145
Travel costs to be included..
May have to take annual day off to write the exam..
Centres are availble only in few cities.. London,glasgow,bristol,leeds,manchester etc..