ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances of British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sherjan

Chances of British Citizenship

Post by sherjan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Dear All

Bit confuse about applying British Citizenship or not --- What are the chances to get refused?

I have got following reasons which made me re-think before I apply

1. Simple Police Caution--->common assualt (3 years will be completed next month)
2. Missed 2 Coucil Tax payments because bank could not set up my direct debit. Council had sent me Court summon Jan-2104. I paid in full without attending any court ( I think that it will come under civil penalty)
3. Driving without L plat --- £60 fine (2006)---> This will also come under civil penalty

What are the chances to get refused?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Chances of British Citizenship

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:14 pm

2. Isn't a civil penalty. 3. Isn't a civil penalty it's a FPN assuming it wasn't given at court. Apply when 3 years have elapsed since the caution was given, declare the caution and you should be ok.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:53 am

Amber wrote:2. Isn't a civil penalty. 3. Isn't a civil penalty it's a FPN assuming it wasn't given at court. Apply when 3 years have elapsed since the caution was given, declare the caution and you should be ok.
Thanks Amber
Driving Penalty: I did not attend any court but I received a Form(cannot remember now whether it was from police or court) asking for plead guilty which I did and got £60 fine with 3 points.

I will definitely mention my caution but could you tell me where these other two fit in
i) council tax fine
ii) driving fine

Do I need to mention in the Form if yes then which part of the Form? Many Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:05 pm

No, insofar as the traffic offence was not dealt with at court.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Amber wrote:No, insofar as the traffic offence was not dealt with at court.
Thanks Mate.