ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR Urgent Please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sherjan

Spouse ILR Urgent Please

Post by sherjan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:43 am

Dear All seniors (Viny, Amber, CR001, CASA and others)

These question may be asked many Times. I have searched through many pages but got more confused. Could you please solve this puzzle for me. This post might help others like me.

1. I was on Tier-1(General) Jan 2008--Jan2013
2. My wife's initial Tier-1 Dependent visa for approximately six months Aug2012-Jan 2013 (she applied before 9th July). She joined me in UK Aug 2012.
3. Then in Jan 2013, we both applied together. I got my ILR and her visa was extended for another 2 years. But I cannot remember which forms I had used. Because, when we reached Solihull office, security guys told us that we are using wrong forms so we need to take the right forms which we did and filled them in the Solihull office. Also, case worker told me that when she will apply for ILR then she would need to use the same form but unfortuantely now I forgot which form was it.
4. Now, my wife will complete 2 years in Aug-2014 and she needs to apply ILR.

Question 1. Which Form?
Question 2. Under that Form do we need any maintenance of funds and points to claim?
Question 3. I am claiming child benefits with my name. Will this effect wife's ILR?
Question 4. How many Coh-Documents will be sufficient? { We got 4 documents: i) Joint Bank statement ii) Coucil Tax with Joint name iii) BT Bill just recently added my wife's name iv) Mobile Phone Bill which also recently transfer to her name. May be I get GP letters as well

I know you must be bored with these questions :( sorry

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse ILR Urgent Please

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:57 pm

If she got a 2 year extension then that should be as a spouse of settlement person so it'd be SET(M) for settlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 pm

Amber wrote:If she got a 2 year extension then that should be as a spouse of settlement person so it'd be SET(M) for settlement.
Hi Amber

Thanks for reply.

My understanding is that SET (M) for only those applicants whose spouses are British Citizens. In my case, I am on ILR which is also called as "Settled Person"status. Also, when I looked at my wife's BPR, It says "PBS dependent". I am struggling to comprehend this maze.

What do you say?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:16 pm

You are incorrect, SET(M) is for the spouse/partner of a British person, settled person a person who is a refugee or one with HP.

However, if her leave states PBS dep then it would be SET(O) although such leave should have been granted for 3 years, so double check what it states on the BRP.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:44 pm

Amber wrote:You are incorrect, SET(M) is for the spouse/partner of a British person, settled person a person who is a refugee or one with HP.

However, if her leave states PBS dep then it would be SET(O) although such leave should have been granted for 3 years, so double check what it states on the BRP.
I have double checked and it was stated "PBS dependent". This also surprised me that she got extension in Jan 2013 untill Jan 2015 however two years complete in Aug 2014.

1. Do you think that I should fill both Forms for her? What is your opinion?

2. Also, could you please confirm whether I can accompany with her to Solihull office if we book Premium service. This is bit confusing and do not want my wife to stumble at any stage of her ILR dealing.

Thanks
Last edited by sherjan on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:45 pm

You must accompany her. If she's a PBS dep then it's just SET(O). B1 English and LIUK.

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Amber wrote:You must accompany her. If she's a PBS dep then it's just SET(O). B1 English and LIUK.
Great Mate.

Many Thanks for replies and support.