ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) -PBS Dependant ILR Application Only

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london_2014

Set (O) -PBS Dependant ILR Application Only

Post by london_2014 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:28 am

Hi all,

I have already recieved my ILR. My wife has completed her 2 years as PBS dependant and wants to apply for her ILR using set (o).

While filling in Set (O), we came across some questions that we are not sure as to how to go about answering those.

We would appreciate if someone could answer the following questions:

1. In the salary section does she put her salary or my salary (she is the only applicant this time)? If it is her salary, then will it matter if it is below required £20,000?
2. For all bills we have so far used paperless statements. If we print from online, will those be counted as originals (if we include an explanatory letter) ? Wherever possible, we have requested paper copies. Some has come to us saying the printed version from online is exact as the original (e.g., mobile bill) and we should print from online to save time.
3. Is it ok to only print and include the first page of any statement containing the address to save tons and tons of papers?

Thanks,
London2014

london_2014

Re: Set (O) -PBS Dependant ILR Application Only

Post by london_2014 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Anyone???

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:57 pm

My understanding is that:

- She is applying as a dependent so her salary is irrelevant. She is not claiming any points for salary so deosn't matter if its less than 20k.

- Submitting online printouts are a bit "dodge" if you know what I mean. Send something else as a backup e.g. recieved letters for NHS, council tax etc.

- I dont see any problem is submitting just the first page as long as it shows name and address. But again I dont recommend this.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:02 pm

1. In the salary section does she put her salary or my salary (she is the only applicant this time)? If it is her salary, then will it matter if it is below required £20,000?
> It doesn't matter below/above 20k as it's applicant's information. Her ILR is not granted on the basis of her salary, but your ILR.
2. For all bills we have so far used paperless statements. If we print from online, will those be counted as originals (if we include an explanatory letter) ? Wherever possible, we have requested paper copies. Some has come to us saying the printed version from online is exact as the original (e.g., mobile bill) and we should print from online to save time.
> I would go with hard copies. Ring your council and they will despatch you a letter, do the same for utilities or your bank. Two should be more than sufficient. I am sure you can argue where paper based statements are not possible, only paperless bills are issued to customer you can include a cover letter but why take risk, just go with council/utility letter.
3. Is it ok to only print and include the first page of any statement containing the address to save tons and tons of papers?
I am not sure what you meant in terms of a document/passport/statement, I would go with full print.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:24 pm

So my understanding is:

1. Put down my salary instead of hers
2. In addition to online print outs, also send some originals as proof of cohabitation.