ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sarah786

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Sarah786 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 am

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:
Sarah786 wrote:Hi everyone

Today my husband was at the embassy, he went with his sister whilst he was thr they asked about what's happening with his passport out of curiosity. The person at the embassy replied that those on hold will be called for an interview and they will receive a decision in due course. My husband then asked why it would take so long when they stand to be refused the person said this is not the case thr is a 50/50 chance. Half an hour after speaking to my husband my mp emailed me (he has been dealing with my application) the email said it's difficult to say whether or no ur application will be refused ur employer has confirmed ur income over the threshold and recent proof sent to the embassy has been received and attached to my husbands case. The mp also said that another person with a similar case to mine has had thr visa allowed after submitting additional documents... This gives us a little hope... Jo ALLAH ko manzoor hai .. Jus have Sabr everyone me and my husband have been waiting a long long time
Hi i really hope what they told your husband is true. Also can i ask did he go to Gerry's with your sister in law or embassy?

Insha Allah we all will hear good news and hopefully soon.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:59 am

[quote="Sarah786"]Ket 1

Of course not sister!
These r questions someone posted here bfore i have copied for hum and jus changed wer it says husband to wife

What is your husbands name?
What is his mobile and home phone number?
Where in the UK does your husband live? What is his address?
Where in Pakistan does his family live?
How many immediate family members does he have?
Who does your husband work for?
What time does he start/finish?
How much does he earn?
What hobbies does he have?
What is his favourite film? And favourite music?
How do you communicate with each other?
How often do talk on the phone?
Ok so you skype too, how long do you skype for?
What do you talk about? (Tempted to say none of your business!)
So you say it’s a love marriage when did you first meet?
How did you meet?
Are you related?
What date did you get married?
Where did you get married?
What side of the bed did your husband sleep on? (Yes what a silly question!)
How many children do you plan on having?
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:05 am

Ket 1

Ok some very silly questions thr.
But oh well.the interview scares me because some of my details have changed. My number and address have both changed

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:23 am

Sarah786 wrote:Ket 1

Ok some very silly questions thr.
But oh well.the interview scares me because some of my details have changed. My number and address have both changed
Dont wory your husband can jus say at the time of the application is was.... And now it is...

sumeensaleem
Newly Registered

Post by sumeensaleem » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:20 am

Hi all,

Every application centre has a different processing timescale etc

i am asking about people who have applied at MIRPUR PAKSISTAN in jan 2014 and Feb 2014 who are still waiting?

regards

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:19 am

got an email from th visa people this morning, i had emailed them 2 weeks ago to ask abwt my application and they replied today. saying they need more info to chek so i need to send them my husbands name dob, reference number etc
dont no if this is just another way to waste time as thy have all this to hand

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Ket1 wrote:got an email from th visa people this morning, i had emailed them 2 weeks ago to ask abwt my application and they replied today. saying they need more info to chek so i need to send them my husbands name dob, reference number etc
I also receive same email like you... and I send them my all details.. Lets see how they will escalate matter to relevant department.
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Safikazmi12 wrote:
Ket1 wrote:got an email from th visa people this morning, i had emailed them 2 weeks ago to ask abwt my application and they replied today. saying they need more info to chek so i need to send them my husbands name dob, reference number etc
I also receive same email like you... and I send them my all details.. Lets see how they will escalate matter to relevant department.
Ah wots ur situation? as is is ur case on hold or haven't u received any reply as of yet?

Beena

Post by Beena » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:28 pm

sumeensaleem wrote:Hi all,

Every application centre has a different processing timescale etc

i am asking about people who have applied at MIRPUR PAKSISTAN in jan 2014 and Feb 2014 who are still waiting?

regards

Hi Hun.. I applied feb 2014 in Mirpur, and I'm still waiting.. Not long left till my 24 weeks are over so inshaAllah I hope we will be hearing good news!!
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

Decision withdrawn before hearing

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Call in letter/IHS paid-1/12/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Collected-15/12/16 Alhamdulillah

Beena

Post by Beena » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:40 pm

qadz wrote:
Beena wrote:
Beena our timeline is quite similar, Did they put your application on hold or what?
Hi Qads.. nope, not that i know of! I rang ukvi (or whoever it was lol) and they said that they have to open the case by a certain number of days, and in my case they hadnt, it had been about 3/4 months, therefore what the advisor did was esculate my case, in the hope for some answers. I was told id receive and email or some correspondence but i havent still.. i did receive an email (i quoted it on this forum a few pages back) but tbh it wasnt of any use at all.. when did you apply? InshaAllah we will hear something soon, theres only a few weeks left until my 24 week are over.. have you been put on hold?
Hi Beena,
here goes my timeline,
Applied on 18th Feb 2014,
Forwarded to BHC on 3rd March 2014,
and still waiting ..
Contacted ukvi ,and thats what i got
"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry
service.
Your visa application has not been processed yet. We are waiting for an
entry clearance officer to access your application."
Anyone with similar response? How much time it can take further?
Moreover, can we contact to our local MP before the period of 120 Days or not? Dont know what to do:( they haven't even get my documents yet. :( so worried
Hi qadz, first of all don't lose hope!! You seem like you're really stressed (as are we all) but just think, your 24weeks are not up yet, so there's still time..
When did they send you that? I've been doing some chasing around via telephone (which costed my a bomb each time!!) and also email.. At first they kept emailing me saying the same as what they said to you, but then I had my case escalated a few weeks ago and then Alhumdulillah yesterday I received an email saying that my case has been opened by an ECA and has been passed onto an ECO for further consideration.. I'm not sure what an ECA is but an Eco is an entry clearance officer.. Now I hope inshaAllah everything runs smoothly and the visa is granted, but like I said we just need to wait the 24weeks out! If your case is legit and seems acceptable then inshaAllah you'll hear by the end of the 24weeks.. They have gotten rid of the huge backlog which is good news!! Maybe try emailing them and state which office you applied at eg Mirpur.. Cus that's what I did and they got in touch with Mirpur office and found out about my case updates.. My case was opened 3 months later apparently, in May , and I applied in feb.. They have until mid august which is only a month away to sort this out otherwise I will be contacting my MP.. Maybe try ringing them? It cost me £10-£20 each time for about 12-15 mins but they managed to escalate my case.. The advisor did say they must open the case at least within a certain number or days and I was over that so I'm sure you are too, try that or just email them with all up info and explain how you're annoyed! Doubt they care lol but a few times they've bothered to check.. There's no use contacting your mp before because they'll tell the mp that it takes 24weeks usually bla bla.. You'd rather get your mp involved after that so you can say uno I've waited the time you gave now you need to sort this out.

Sooooo sorry about the lengthy reply haha I tend to ramble on !!
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

sumeensaleem
Newly Registered

Post by sumeensaleem » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi beena

where did u apply and what date?

how did u get your case escalated, what procedure did u follow?
i submitted my visa in mirpur on 28/02/2014 and i have had no correspondence as of yet however when i emailed two weeks ago they replied saying my file has not yet been checked by ECO.

what would u advise me to do?
its now week 20 and day 95

did u wait for your 24 weeks to finish before escalating?

i want to go pakistan nxt sat however if my file opens before than, than there is no point in going?

thanks
sumeen :)

qadz

Post by qadz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Hi qadz, first of all don't lose hope!! You seem like you're really stressed (as are we all) but just think, your 24weeks are not up yet, so there's still time..
When did they send you that? I've been doing some chasing around via telephone (which costed my a bomb each time!!) and also email.. At first they kept emailing me saying the same as what they said to you, but then I had my case escalated a few weeks ago and then Alhumdulillah yesterday I received an email saying that my case has been opened by an ECA and has been passed onto an ECO for further consideration.. I'm not sure what an ECA is but an Eco is an entry clearance officer.. Now I hope inshaAllah everything runs smoothly and the visa is granted, but like I said we just need to wait the 24weeks out! If your case is legit and seems acceptable then inshaAllah you'll hear by the end of the 24weeks.. They have gotten rid of the huge backlog which is good news!! Maybe try emailing them and state which office you applied at eg Mirpur.. Cus that's what I did and they got in touch with Mirpur office and found out about my case updates.. My case was opened 3 months later apparently, in May , and I applied in feb.. They have until mid august which is only a month away to sort this out otherwise I will be contacting my MP.. Maybe try ringing them? It cost me £10-£20 each time for about 12-15 mins but they managed to escalate my case.. The advisor did say they must open the case at least within a certain number or days and I was over that so I'm sure you are too, try that or just email them with all up info and explain how you're annoyed! Doubt they care lol but a few times they've bothered to check.. There's no use contacting your mp before because they'll tell the mp that it takes 24weeks usually bla bla.. You'd rather get your mp involved after that so you can say uno I've waited the time you gave now you need to sort this out.

Sooooo sorry about the lengthy reply haha I tend to ramble on !![/quote]

Beena , Many thanks for the detailed info, i got that email last week,
i will email them again n let u know . and do let me know about your updates as well. :)

qadz

Post by qadz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Sooooo sorry about the lengthy reply haha I tend to ramble on !![/quote]

i will email them again n let u know . and do let me know about your updates as well. :)

khawaja9
Newly Registered

Post by khawaja9 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Does anybody got passport who had interview last week?

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:33 pm

To Sarah786

We found by emailing, we asked them direct in the email whether they accept our additional documents or not and there response was that they cannot conlcude the decision until the courts decision is known.

Can you find out for me from your husband when you speak to him nex,t whether he was told the information at Gerry's or embassy? Thanks
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

isshy
Newly Registered

Post by isshy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:48 pm

So angry today after a 13 month long wait they have the nerve to reject our case. I dont know what to do now im going to have to appeal and that will take another year with these b@#@#@ds

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:54 pm

Dear Kazmi,

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry
service.

With regards to your query, I would like to inform you that we have already
escalated your case to the senior authorities. We will inform you as we
have any update on your application.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form” and
complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind Regards,
Ritu
UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

Thank you in advance for your time.

I received this email this afternoon last Friday I emailed them my details. I dnt know how they will put "NITRO BOOSTERS" in my document to escalate.
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014

Kuffs
Newly Registered

Post by Kuffs » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:04 pm

Salam at all,

As you know i have been waiting since the 24th Dec 2013 for my wife's application to be processed. It has gone past the 24 weeks and we are still waiting. I have posted the quote form my MP in regards to my application in which the UKVI said they were still "carrying out checks".

My case is not on hold as far as i know, as nor my wife or I have been told it is and my MP did not mention it was on hold except that the checks were still being carried out.

What do you recommend i do in this situation? I have emailed the MP, i have emailed ukvi, my wife's application is not on hold (as we have not been told it is) and we have been waiting since the 24th December 2013.

Thanks in advance.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:03 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To Sarah786

We found by emailing, we asked them direct in the email whether they accept our additional documents or not and there response was that they cannot conlcude the decision until the courts decision is known.

Can you find out for me from your husband when you speak to him nex,t whether he was told the information at Gerry's or embassy? Thanks
Im confused nw i thort the courts decision has been settled :/

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:06 pm

isshy wrote:So angry today after a 13 month long wait they have the nerve to reject our case. I dont know what to do now im going to have to appeal and that will take another year with these b@#@#@ds
Im sory to hear this :( cant bleave they mess with people this way
Was ur case on hold?
May people suggest re applyin rather than appeal thas if u feel a situation nw myt help bt if nuthngs changed thn i guess appeal is better for u i rely prey u find a way

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:13 pm

All I can recommend people doing is e-mailing the UKVI and asking if an ECO has seen their application yet. Do this every-week so at least you can get a date when it's been seen (ask them the date it was seen). Our application was first opened on the 16/06/2014, and to this day they are still doing the further checks.

Someone asked why can't they e-mail the companies they are doing further checks with, reason is they need evidence that can stand up in court, so use official letters for this. This is why it takes so long. It's a bit of a stupid system but we just have to be patient.

Only appeal if you definitely know you meet the requirements. Otherwise, re-apply with new evidence showing you meet the requirements.

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:31 pm

The courts decision has been settled, it applies to those who submitted additional documents to support thr application.

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Doesn't it apply to everyone on hold :-s

Beena

Post by Beena » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:17 pm

sumeensaleem wrote:Hi beena

where did u apply and what date?

how did u get your case escalated, what procedure did u follow?
i submitted my visa in mirpur on 28/02/2014 and i have had no correspondence as of yet however when i emailed two weeks ago they replied saying my file has not yet been checked by ECO.

what would u advise me to do?
its now week 20 and day 95

did u wait for your 24 weeks to finish before escalating?

i want to go pakistan nxt sat however if my file opens before than, than there is no point in going?

thanks
sumeen :)
Hi sweet :) I applied on 19/02/14 in Mirpur.. I rang 00 44 1243 218 119 , the first time, I spoke to someone who was very helpful, I got connected to the call centre in England, and she escalated it, the second time I rang I spoke to someone from India I think and she was just useless!! But I had it escalated the first time I rang about 5 weeks ago.. Try emailing them again but from a different email address, list all the relevant info for example GWF number dob sponsors name etc and write a brief message about how no one has bothered to get back to you.. InshaAllah they will reply.. My 24 weeks aren't over yet Hun, I have a few weeks remaining, but inshaAllah I hope I'll be hearing good news before then, if not then I'll be involving my MP.. Honestly, I think you should wait the 24weeks out.. You never know they may give u a response before, I've been following this forum for about 6/7 months and Alhumdulillah I've seen that usually they get back to you right before the time that they had promised.. We all want to be with our loved ones especially with eid coming up but it's best to wait it out.. I guess if you have holidays from work you can but then again it's a risk with all the payslips n all that.. I feel your pain sister! Where you've waited 5 months, I'm sure another month or so won't be too bag, have sabr.. And remember to make lots of Duaas with every salah and right before you open your fast.. Allah swt will definitely show mercy especially in this holy month iA x
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16

Beena

Post by Beena » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:20 pm

qadz wrote:Hi qadz, first of all don't lose hope!! You seem like you're really stressed (as are we all) but just think, your 24weeks are not up yet, so there's still time..

Sooooo sorry about the lengthy reply haha I tend to ramble on !!

i will email them again n let u know . and do let me know about your updates as well. :)[/quote]

You're very welcome :) if they don't reply, use a different email! InshaAllah I will do :) and like I said before, pleaseeeee take full advantage of this hold month! Allah swt said Whoever fasts for His sake and makes Duaa with a sincere heart, He will answer their prayers (inshaAllah)
Appealed-29/09/15
Deadline-10/02/16
review unsuccesful
Hearing-30/11/16

HOPO notice-17/11/16
Judge's notice-24/11/16
Pp submitted-9/12/16