ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit---help...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Suuny74
Newly Registered

Work Permit---help...

Post by Suuny74 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:58 pm

Hi all,
I have query regarding WP.
My employer (NHS) sent my passport for workpermit on 25th Oct,they got passport back on 28 and the HO says that they have passed the details to relevent Business section. So far they havent received anything back yet, and what about passport? dont they stamp WP on it? The job Title under which they r applying for my WP is Data Analyst. I thouht HO takes 5 days to process WP.What is causing delay? Is it to do with application or Processing time. I tried to ring them.. but u just can't reach them. Can any1 tell me(kalayami or any1)
Thanks in advance

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:20 pm

Not sure about the delay but passport no longer needs to be submitted immediatly. Work permit is now a two stage process.

A) Employer applies for the work permit. If all the details have been provided then within 5 working days, the work permit is issued

B) An FLR(IED) document is then filled up by either you or your employer on behalf of you. It is at this stage that the passport is required.

Look at their website for more details.

Suuny74
Newly Registered

Post by Suuny74 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:26 pm

Thanks !
Can anyone tell me about the delay,It says 5 working days and now its been 7 days.

Are they runnning late because of processing time or something to do with my application ?????????

Thing is Im also eligible for SEGS acheme as well ,as I did my engineering course few years back and Im still on student visa till end of the month. I understansd u dont need WP and thus I wanted to get it sorted before my student visa expires.
Thanks in advance

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:25 pm

I think what happened here is that your employer sent the application to the wrong place. cause when you apply for WP you dont have to send your passport until after it has been approved. also i think you can apply directly to the business section that deals with it. my take is that it is now about 5 working days from the 28th (am assuming that this when the HO forwarded to the WP department), i guess with the delays in the post etc it might another couple of days b4 you hear from them