ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiancee visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinny

Re: fiance visa application with a daughter

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:57 am

Her British passport is sufficient.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

marty

fiance visa and evidence of text messages and skype

Post by marty » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:58 am

hi all,

its been seven years since me and my bf are very much in love and through all those years we had chatted over messenger and skype and facebook and sent phone texts every single day, however i did not keep our conversations. Would it be a problem if we dont have the copy of skype conversation or text messages? i can provide other things like proof of visiting each others each year with photos as we got a daughter together he came visit us often and i visited him with our daughter this year. Do you think it wud be enough to show ? How much they need to be persuaded that we do want to be living together forever and are in love? wat else could we provide?
thank u

marty

anyone ever been denied a fiance visa??

Post by marty » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:37 am

Hello all,
Is there anybody who ever been denied a fiance visa ? I mean when everything they had to prooved that they were in love and enough fund from sponsor and evidence they met and wanna live together after marriage etc. Cause im applying for a fiance visa from canada and i think MY GOD they need so much stuff and evidence even though we got the money and wanna be together and showing we are in love for ages and wanna be together forever and got daughter together all that freaking me now. im wondering if i dont have the date planned for wedding and no letters from priest or register office i wonder if they gonna grant a fiance visa. Our plan is to prepare everything together once i am there on my fiance visa.
thankx for sharing your experiencse to me bad or good .

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: anyone ever been denied a fiance visa??

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am

You will need show evidence that a wedding is being planned. e.g booking for a reception, receipt for wedding rings, something to show you've at least approached a church or registry office to arrange a date.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SoHopeful

Re: fiance visa and evidence of text messages and skype

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:59 am

Take screenshots of Facebook contact and if you have no proof of other communication you need to start gathering now! ECO will need to see some kind of proof. What you can do is state in your letter that you did not realise how much you needed to evidence so you only started doing so this year.

marty

fiance visa application and dependant.

Post by marty » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:55 am

hi all, i am about to apply for a fiance visa to go live with my man in UK. We have had a daughter and she is 6 years old now. She is a canadian citizen as i am but i applied last year for her British passport and she got it now. My question is : when i apply for fiance visa they asking for dependant to apply separately for a visa , but as my daughter got a British passport now do i need to apply for any kind of visa to come with me to Uk when i go to get married there and live there? thanks lots

marty

fiance visa and switching to further leave to remain

Post by marty » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:17 am

hello ,
If i am going in the Uk on a fiance visa and then get married there can i apply from the Uk for further leave to remain visa ( spouse visa) ?and how much is gonna cost me to switch from fiance visa to that visa from the UK ? coz obviously i wud had already paid for fiance visa 885 pounds do we need pay again 885 pounds? thank u lots

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: fiance visa and switching to further leave to remain

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:28 am

marty wrote:hello ,
If i am going in the Uk on a fiance visa and then get married there can i apply from the Uk for further leave to remain visa ( spouse visa) ?and how much is gonna cost me to switch from fiance visa to that visa from the UK ? coz obviously i wud had already paid for fiance visa 885 pounds do we need pay again 885 pounds? thank u lots
Yes and yes.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:27 am

Apply on form FLR(M) for a 2.5 year visa extension. The fee is slightly less @ £601. You will have to apply again at the end of the first 2.5 year term, meeting the same conditions and paying the application fee again, which will probably have increased before then. After 5 years you should qualify for Indefinite Leave - SET(M), witch currently has a fee of £1093.00 if applied for by post, more if submitted in person.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

marty

Post by marty » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Thank you for the informations. every little comment helps. Its such a jungle to me visa rules etc..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:27 pm

(Casa, not CR001)

marty

fiance visa and child

Post by marty » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:14 pm

hi all. Just filling the fiance visa form section financial requirement . Wondering What should a write for the question number 3.2. my daughter is with me in Canada and got both passports canadian and british. ( her father is british ) i am canadian. Its written children who are british citizens or not subject to UK immigration control do not need to be considered when calculating the financial requirement. but its our daughter so its a dependant child no ? i dont know if i should tick Applying with no child dependant under 18 or if i shouild count her. what should i do? thank you .

Obie
Ireland

Re: fiance visa and child

Post by Obie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:48 pm

She is your dependent of you, yes she is a British and does not need a visa to enter the UK, and will not be included in the calculation.

It will be wrong for an Entry Clearance Officer to do so, and i don't believe he or she will.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

marty

fiance visa

Post by marty » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:02 am

Hi there,
Me and my bf have been together since 2007 but we always been living apart ; me in Canada , him in England. We had a daughter born in 2008 . We always kept in touch and he was visiting me and our daughter at least once a year. He proposed in 2011 on a trip to Paris. We always been very much in love and we were sorting ourself during all these years apart. My question is : if we make our application only after all these years (2007-2015) 8 years ! could it be a problem for the ECO to believe that we really wanna be together to live together . even after 8 years. I wonder if there are other couple being patient as us . I hope the ECO doesnt care if we took long to apply ...Thanks a lot

vinny

Re: fiance visa

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:36 am

I've merged most of your multiple topics and threads together so that responders won't get frustrated.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

marty

Post by marty » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:58 am

What u mean responders wont get frustrated

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:02 am

For example,
benifa wrote:For goodness sake. What a waste of time.

marty, please continue on the original thread.

:roll:

marty

Post by marty » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:24 am

Sorry guys. Didnt want to bother you. i thought here i could post questions about different issues which can help also everybody. Its normal worrying and having all sorts of questions in differents ways when its the future of people involved....

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:32 am

Yes. Of course, you may pose your questions. However, as they are related to the same topic, it's better to keep them in the same thread and not spread out all over.

If you supply the documents that satisfies the current requirements and are not subject to any grounds for refusal, then you should be okay.

The application may be tougher since to 9 July 2012.

Having a UK citizen child may also help.