ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport interview office parking & taking 2 yr old alon

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oye_rg

Passport interview office parking & taking 2 yr old alon

Post by oye_rg » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:29 am

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I could not find it.

Does anyone know if parking is easily available at Reading and Luton passport office for the interview. I am trying to decide which one to go for. Any tips, etc for parking will be a great help.

Also, I am going with my wife and might have to take my two year old daughter along. The applicatiuon is juts for my wife and me not opur daughter (she already has brit passport). Is that going to be ok or will it be a problem?

Thanks for your help

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Passport interview office parking & taking 2 yr old

Post by vinitmanu » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:37 am

oye_rg wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know if parking is easily available at Reading and Luton passport office for the interview. I am trying to decide which one to go for. Any tips, etc for parking will be a great help.

Also, I am going with my wife and might have to take my two year old daughter along. The applicatiuon is juts for my wife and me not opur daughter (she already has brit passport). Is that going to be ok or will it be a problem?

Thanks for your help
Can I just add. If you are based in London, the interview dates are available as early as Wednesday (24th). Thinking out loud maybe.

Tier1_ILR_Applicant

Post by Tier1_ILR_Applicant » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:03 am

oye_rg wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your help
I have the same exact question. Anyone please?

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:56 pm

oye_rg wrote:Does anyone know if parking is easily available at Reading and Luton passport office for the interview.
In Luton the NCP operates a car park at the very same post code (LU1 2SJ ) as the passport interview office. According to Google Maps, that is just 0.2m walking distance. Prices are reasonable, see here for details.

oye_rg

PARKING INFO AT LUTON PASSPORT OFFICE

Post by oye_rg » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Went there today and found answers to my queries so posting here for others' benefit:

- Taking child along is not a problem if there is someone to look after them in the waiting hall. It was me and my spouse's interview one after the other so we were fine.

- PARKING:There is a huge multi-storey car park right opposite the building (100 yards, 2 mins walk). It charges £1.50 for upto 2 hours which is more than enough time for the interview. Upto 4 hours is £3.00 I think.

adeelmpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Passport interview office parking & taking 2 yr old alon

Post by adeelmpk » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:37 am

Around the Reading office Are you referring to NCP car park on Queen's road ? That's the nearest I can find via google maps.

It doesn't look like exactly opposite the building however on the next road.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/50+Ki ... 453602!3e0