ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS in Scottish Highlands

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maxwell

NCS in Scottish Highlands

Post by Maxwell » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:34 am

Hi, thanks in advance for reading this and your help.

As far as I understand there is no Nationality Checking Service in Inverness-shire in Scottish Highlands, correct? So if we live here, we have only two options then - apply ourselves or with solicitor? Do I understand correctly?

My application should be easy but I am very eager to get it processed ASAP, so thinking about using solicitor to check it and advice on best documents. Don't want to pay very much as nothing complicated. Could anyone advice solicitor please? Not expensive please but with real experience/track record and accreditations which could be checked.

Thank you very much. :D

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: NCS in Scottish Highlands

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:42 am

As you say that your application is easy ... better u send by by post
NCS is only a check point where they verify all the documents so that UKBA dont come back with a query .. its not a mandatory service fyi..... ..

Solicitor ?? I think they charge according to the time they spend on application .. like 60£ for half an hr like that.. varies from place to place..

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:47 am

Thank you.

However, I wanted to get confirmation that there is no such service here. I know how it works.

About solicitor. I would prefer if someone could recommend solicitor who can give me quote, like fixed fee for help in preparing and checking application. It may not necessary speed up application process but it will certainly not make it any worse.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 am

Maxwell wrote:Thank you.

However, I wanted to get confirmation that there is no such service here. I know how it works.

About solicitor. I would prefer if someone could recommend solicitor who can give me quote, like fixed fee for help in preparing and checking application. It may not necessary speed up application process but it will certainly not make it any worse.
Solicitors .. I knw a few in London .. not in Inverness ..
Good luck .. :wink:
Last edited by IndiMarshall on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:04 am

Maxwell wrote:Thank you.

if its not mentioned here.. its not there..

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... g-services

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks for the link.

It's not important where solicitor is as long as he/she is in UK.

Our ILR solicitor was based in London. All is done by email/post.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:13 am

On your link there is a list of centres. I wonder, if I live near Inverness, can I go to Edinburgh or Aberdeen and use NCS there? I tried to phone them but they have only answer machines. I mean are they only for local residents who live in those counsels or I can go there too?

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:17 am

Maxwell wrote:On your link there is a list of centres. I wonder, if I live near Inverness, can I go to Edinburgh or Aberdeen and use NCS there? I tried to phone them but they have only answer machines. I mean are they only for local residents who live in those counsels or I can go there too?

No u can attend anywhere... there is no constraint as such.... but in your application when you mention your address.. they will give ceremony place closer to you with in the county you live in.. ...

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:20 am

I will msg u . the solicitor details based in London.. he has sorted Tier 1 entrepreneur Visa..for my frnd

but my frnd says.. he charges more.. if it is in your budget.. u can proceed..

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:28 am

Great, thanks for fast replies!

So just to confirm, I can make appointment and just travel to Aberdeen or Edinburgh and they will do NCS for us, no matter that we live far away. Correct?

Good luck to your friend! I lived 11 years in this country on different visas, glad that this will be over soon. :D

If anyone can send me other good solicitors, would appreciate.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:35 am

Maxwell wrote:Great, thanks for fast replies!

So just to confirm, I can make appointment and just travel to Aberdeen or Edinburgh and they will do NCS for us, no matter that we live far away. Correct?

Good luck to your friend! I lived 11 years in this country on different visas, glad that this will be over soon. :D

If anyone can send me other good solicitors, would appreciate.
Did u say u tried calling this number ?

1. Aberdeen
Aberdeen
AB10 1AB
Phone: 01224 522322,

You can query in general ..

This is the number I used in Hampshire.. for NCS.. it connects quickly.. but its 08 number
tel 0845 603 5637 call charges
but rules will be same everywhere .. I hope..

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/registration/c ... ng-service

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:50 am

Ok, I ask them directly.

Thank you very much. :D

If anyone can recommend more solicitors, I would appreciate it.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:14 pm

I found out about NCS.

You can apply to different place, no matter where you live. Just choose the place you like and make appointment.