ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Info - Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ap_in
Newly Registered

EC Info - Urgent

Post by ap_in » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:31 am

I got my HSMP approval this month from Home Office. I did my HSMP through a representative(consultant) in Bangalore. I might go to USA this month for a year in L1 Visa to work. My question is

- Will I be able to do my EC in USA?
- Should I do this through the same representative who did my HSMP approval documentation or I can do the EC documentation by myself and send it to consulate. Please advice as I am not sure what to do now.

Thanks in advance.

niruv

Post by niruv » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:44 pm

You can apply for EC on your own.

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:02 pm

I think you should be able to apply for EC via one of the UK consulates in the US, since you would be considered a US resident on the L1 visa (does that sound right?). AG

ap_in
Newly Registered

Post by ap_in » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:07 am

Thanks for your input. My understanding is that I should be able to do EC myself even if I am in US (L1 visa) right? Also in my approval letter my consultant name is printed in the "To" address. That should not be a issue right? Please let me know.

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:37 am

ap_in wrote:Thanks for your input. My understanding is that I should be able to do EC myself even if I am in US (L1 visa) right? Also in my approval letter my consultant name is printed in the "To" address. That should not be a issue right? Please let me know.
It doesn't matter that your solicitor's address is in the to address, mine was addressed that way too.
Amy

ap_in
Newly Registered

Post by ap_in » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:48 pm

Thanks, I came to US yesterday and I am located in Alpharetta, Georgia at the client site (came in L1 for my indian employer). Where do I need to send my documents for EC? I got my HSMP when I was in India last month. can send all the documents including my current employer (Indian company) last month payslip . Pl advice...

ap_in
Newly Registered

Post by ap_in » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:50 pm

one more question..what all the documents do I need to keep in case I am doing my EC in USA. Pl let me know.

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:04 pm

ap_in wrote:one more question..what all the documents do I need to keep in case I am doing my EC in USA. Pl let me know.
in case you don't already know - britainusa.com is the site you would want to check out

ap_in
Newly Registered

Post by ap_in » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:55 pm

Thank you very much...in case if EC gets rejected will they send our approval letter back or they will retain it. Also will I be able to reapply again for the EC with the same approval letter. Also do I need to again give GBP 200 for it. Please let me know...

antony

Post by antony » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:21 am

ap_in wrote:Thank you very much...in case if EC gets rejected will they send our approval letter back or they will retain it. Also will I be able to reapply again for the EC with the same approval letter. Also do I need to again give GBP 200 for it. Please let me know...
Yes, the process is that you can Apeal OR re-apply. But due to time constraints and procesing periods you can go for re-applying. I got rejected in my first stance and then re-applied within 2 days and got the EC done within 2 weeks (tok long coz of mis communication from the BHC office).

The amount for re-applying should be 200 pounds.
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

ap_in
Newly Registered

Post by ap_in » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:03 pm

Thanks for your response