ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode / certification of entitlement PLEASE HELP!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

humawakas2014

Right of Abode / certification of entitlement PLEASE HELP!

Post by humawakas2014 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi all

Basically daughter is born in Pakistan on 16th February 2014! And her father is british by birth and holds a British passport. I am the mother who is of pakistani national and have applied for my spouse visa

Can I apply for the certification of entitlement and take my daughter to the uk?

I was originally planning on applying for British passport but hubby who is in Pakistan will travel back and they want to keep his passport also they want my passport too however that is with gerry waiting for decision on spouse visa :/

They are also taking 6/8 months for passport applications with is crazy long especially if I get a spouse visa then I would need to travel and with hubby work commitments there will be no one to look after our daughter

Therefore apply for pakistani passport and then certification of entitlement and once in uk apply for British passport and surrender pakistani passport? Is this the correct method?

Also what is lost of required documents and is there a minimum age for applications in place?

PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I will great fully appreciate it I'm worried sick about the thought of having to leave her alone :(
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

humawakas2014

Re: Right of Abode / certification of entitlement PLEASE HEL

Post by humawakas2014 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:56 pm

Please any of the gurus willing to help please help me :(

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:38 am

Bump... Please anyone incl gurus help me x

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:01 pm

:( bump

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:40 pm

If child's father was born in the UK, then yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:55 pm

vinny wrote:If child's father was born in the UK, then yes.
Thanks so much vinny!!! May god give you loads of blessings ! Yes child father is uk born I have his uk birth certificate, passport full colour copy, child birth certificate, marriage certificates with translations and hospital documents is this enough or do I need other documents too? Like a cover letter?

Also is there a guide on how to fill in the visa4uk online application?

Child nationality will have to be british citizen I am assuming? Even though she will have a pakistani passport right... Also since there is no option for right of abode do I select the settlement visa tab.... Will the fee change to £289 as my application fee was £885 for settlement so unsure on that too :/

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:58 pm

You will have to select OTHER > OTHER > ROA to see that option.
Yes the child nationality will be British when filling the form.

Also you dont have to surrender Pakistani passport as Pakistan allows dual nationality.

Here is List of Documents that I included for my daughter application
My Naturalisation Certificate (In your case, it will be your husband Birth Certificate)
Copy of my Passport
3 Months Bank Statement (this was to show that I have funds to cover the cost of plane trip for my dauther)
Cover Letter explaining entitlement to ROA
Original Nikah Nama ( Mine was attested by union council as well as Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Original Nadra computerised version of Nikah Nama
Baby's Birth Certificate (Both Hospital as well as Nadra one)
Baby's B form issued by NADRA (This was in urdu, I did not get it translated in English)

Hope this helps.

If you need any more info,let me know

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Here is a sample Cover Letter that you may wish to include

YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS
MOBILE: +44 (0) XXX, EMAIL:

British High Commission
Islamabad
Pakistan

DD Month. YYYY

Dear Sir/Madam

RE: Son/Daughter Name, British National, D.O.B DD Month YYYY
Right of Abode – Certificate of Entitlement

I write this letter in support of my son/daughter application for the certificate of entitlement to right of abode in the United Kingdom to travel with me to UK at the earliest opportunity.

I am a British citizen and have been living continuously living in the UK since YYYY. Being a resident British national, I confirm that I am the father/mother of Son/Daughter Name. My wife, (DOB DD Month YYYY) gave birth to our son/daughter, Son/Daughter Name, in City Name on DD Month YYYY.

My Son/Daughter is claiming British citizenship through me as he has acquired British citizenship by descent under Section 2(1)(a) of British Nationality Act 1981. I have enclosed original copy of my Birth/Registration/Naturalisation Certificate (Delete as appropriate) proving my British Citizenship and also a copy of my British Passport (Passport No.: xxxx)

I will be funding my Son/Daughter trip to UK once he/she is granted Right of Abode. I have enclosed my bank statement covering last three month showing that I have enough funds to cover the cost of his/her trip.

I have referred extensively to your “Right of abode supporting document guidance” and have enclosed all the evidence as specified under “The Immigration (Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode in the United Kingdom) Regulations 2006”. (Copy enclosed)

I trust you will give my son’s/daughter’s application a favourable and early consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Mother’s/Father’s Name (Delete as Appropriate)
Enc.

Applicant original passport
Applicant original birth certificate & B-form
Applicant Father Original Birth/Registration/Naturalisation certificate (Delete as appropriate)
Copy of applicant’s Mother/Father British Passport (Delete as appropriate)
Copy of applicant’s Father/Mother Passport (Delete as appropriate)
Applicant parent marriage certificate (Nikah Naama)
Applicant Father/Mother bank statement (3 months) (Delete as appropriate)

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:51 pm

lynxukauq wrote:You will have to select OTHER > OTHER > ROA to see that option.

Also you dont have to surrender Pakistani passport as Pakistan allows dual nationality.

My Naturalisation Certificate (In your case, it will be your husband Birth Certificate)
Copy of my Passport
3 Months Bank Statement (this was to show that I have funds to cover the cost of plane trip for my dauther)
Original Nikah Nama ( Mine was attested by union council as well as Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Baby's B form issued by NADRA (This was in urdu, I did not get it translated in English)

Hope this helps.

OMG! Lynx thank you so much! That has been tremendous help! I was hoping for you to come online as you have personally done the process yourself from lahore. I will be doing it from mirpur :) hopefully the response is quick and I keep you all updated

t_1505
Newly Registered

Post by t_1505 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Dear All

I am a British born UK citizen and I have applied for my son's Certificate of entitlement to right of abode on 8th July 2014, my wife got her settlement visa 3 months back but as her dad is not well and also we were not sure whether she will travel or not that's why we did not apply for my son's ROA certificate or any visa.
Now by grace of ALLAH her father is better so we planned to apply for my son's (3yrs age) visit visa as my solicitor in UK told me do this, we apply the case for my son's visit visa and after a month visa got refused. Then after searching online I came to know about this ROA thing my wife has applied for it now from Pakistan Lahore and i don't know about the time it will take from Pakistan. She told me when she went to the Gerry's office in Lahore they asked her that why she did not applied for settlement visa for her son as well (which i think is wrong as my son is British from decent) anyways after inquiring about time the gerry's people told my wife it will take 3 month or so....I am very upset please anyone who got the chance of getting ROA from Pakistan can help me.
Also i just followed the guideline of supporting documents and therefore i did not attached any of my bank statement as there was no such requirement for this, can anyone of you please help me. I have not seen my son and wife since a long time as i was waiting for them to come here. Please guys your help will be really a blessing for me. waiting for you kind replies. GOD bless you all tc

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:53 pm

t_1505 wrote:Dear All

I am a British born UK citizen and I have applied for my son's Certificate of entitlement to right of abode on 8th July 2014, my wife got her settlement visa 3 months back but as her dad is not well and also we were not sure whether she will travel or not that's why we did not apply for my son's ROA certificate or any visa.
Now by grace of ALLAH her father is better so we planned to apply for my son's (3yrs age) visit visa as my solicitor in UK told me do this, we apply the case for my son's visit visa and after a month visa got refused. Then after searching online I came to know about this ROA thing my wife has applied for it now from Pakistan Lahore and i don't know about the time it will take from Pakistan. She told me when she went to the Gerry's office in Lahore they asked her that why she did not applied for settlement visa for her son as well (which i think is wrong as my son is British from decent) anyways after inquiring about time the gerry's people told my wife it will take 3 month or so....I am very upset please anyone who got the chance of getting ROA from Pakistan can help me.
Also i just followed the guideline of supporting documents and therefore i did not attached any of my bank statement as there was no such requirement for this, can anyone of you please help me. I have not seen my son and wife since a long time as i was waiting for them to come here. Please guys your help will be really a blessing for me. waiting for you kind replies. GOD bless you all tc
Salaam,

Solicitor in UK advised wrong as I was advised of 3 options and they where, family visa, roa and emergency travel documents.

Gerry do sometime make a fuss of things when roa applications come through etc as lynx has personally dealt with last year. However although the given time is 3 months I'm sure the outcome will be quicker I have been told approx 4 weeks... Lynx applied from Lahore and his was within 10 working days!! Just be patient and inshallah outcome will come quickly I am applying after eid holidays inshallah if you need any more help drop me an email on wakas.masood@googlemail.com

Huma & Wakas

t_1505
Newly Registered

Post by t_1505 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:18 pm

Waalaikum Assalam w.w

JazakAllah for your kind reply sis. Yes lynx told me about time span. Insha Allah Allah swt will surely help us all. I will update you when i will get any reply insha Allah. Keep al of muslims in your dwah jazakAllah khair

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:57 am

lynxukauq wrote:You will have to select OTHER > OTHER > ROA to see that option.

Copy of my Passport

Hope this helps.

Hi Lynx,

Sorry to disturb again I have got my daughters passport today and was filling in the online application form. I have completed most sections just needed help on a few questions which are:

After the first question of nationality which I put down as british citizen, the second question was "are you a national of the country in which are you are applying?" Do I put yes as daughter has a Pakistani passport?

Second question is "are you travelling with anyone?" I have put my details down as I am the mother and a 5 month old can't travel on her own and she will be travelling with me. However when putting my details in it asked "does this person have a valid uk visa?" The options are yes/no/not required however my spouse visa is still being processed so what shall I put yes?

Third question is regarding employment obviously all questions where £0 as baby doesn't work etc however it asked "is anyone else paying the costs etc?" I have put yes and the cost of a one way ticket which is approx £300 is this correct?

Fourth question is "do you have any family or friends in the uk?" Do I put down her grandparents (my inlaws) details and her father who is british born or do I say no and leave this section?

Lastly which carries on from the above no 4 question, the application asked "are you living at a private address in the uk?" We will be staying with my inlaws as my husband is an only child and they live together. Housing immigration report which went with my gerry spouse application has both mine and daughters information written on it and was stated there is enough room etc so shall I put down my inlaws details as the relationship box does not have father listed only grandparents etc?

These are the only questions and the rest are filled correctly

Appreciate all the help.

Wakas and Huma

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:25 pm

To be honest, when I applied at the time this BETA version was not LIVE, I would assume since this in beta version and not a final version, anything that is not relevant to you just mark it as N/A.
After the first question of nationality which I put down as british citizen, the second question was "are you a national of the country in which are you are applying?" Do I put yes as daughter has a Pakistani passport?
Yes
Second question is "are you travelling with anyone?" I have put my details down as I am the mother and a 5 month old can't travel on her own and she will be travelling with me. However when putting my details in it asked "does this person have a valid uk visa?" The options are yes/no/not required however my spouse visa is still being processed so what shall I put yes?
I would put your spouse details since you don't have any visa yet in this section
Third question is regarding employment obviously all questions where £0 as baby doesn't work etc however it asked "is anyone else paying the costs etc?" I have put yes and the cost of a one way ticket which is approx £300 is this correct?
Yes that seems reasonable
Fourth question is "do you have any family or friends in the uk?" Do I put down her grandparents (my inlaws) details and her father who is british born or do I say no and leave this section?
Yes put down your inlaw and husband details
Lastly which carries on from the above no 4 question, the application asked "are you living at a private address in the uk?" We will be staying with my inlaws as my husband is an only child and they live together. Housing immigration report which went with my gerry spouse application has both mine and daughters information written on it and was stated there is enough room etc so shall I put down my inlaws details as the relationship box does not have father listed only grandparents etc?
Yes this should be fine

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:03 pm

lynxukauq wrote:To be honest, when I applied at the time this BETA version was not LIVE, I would assume since this in beta version and not a final version, anything that is not relevant to you just mark it as N/A.
Yes
I would put your spouse details since you don't have any visa yet in this section
Yes that seems reasonable
Yes put down your inlaw and husband details
Yes this should be fine
Thanks lynx! Sorry final question after I put british citizen it has asked "does this person hold any other nationalities?" Do I say yes and tell them about Pakistan nationality? It's a bit stupid as many questions are repetitive etc but that's the last question

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Yes mention about the second nationality

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi,

Just to follow this up! I made the application last Monday and today received the passport back with the right of abode certificate inside it!! So happy :D took a total of 8 days! And want to give a massive thanks to lynx for helping me :)

lynxukauq wrote:Yes mention about the second nationality

t_1505
Newly Registered

Post by t_1505 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Dear huma
Congrats Allah bless you. My son's application is still in process can you send me detail of doxuments you send with ur application. JazakAllah

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:40 pm

t_1505 wrote:Dear huma
Congrats Allah bless you. My son's application is still in process can you send me detail of doxuments you send with ur application. JazakAllah
Will pm you :)

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 am

Many Congratulations :)

khurram1234
Newly Registered

Post by khurram1234 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:14 am

Urgent help required -please

hi Im going to apply visa for my wife and newly born baby boy,can some one giude me wich is the best way to start process, im a british national and holdin dual nationalty (british pakistani) but not born in uk, i heard about right of abode, is my baby elibile for right of abode as im not born in uk? Please help with this im so confuse uk's solicitors dont know nothing.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Was the baby born before or after you got your British Citizenship?

khurram1234
Newly Registered

Post by khurram1234 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:16 pm

After British citizen.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:40 am

khurram1234 wrote:After British citizen.
Then your baby is British Citizen by descent and you can apply for ROA sticker to be stamped on his passport.

Moon_Khan
United Kingdom

Post by Moon_Khan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:15 am

Hi All

These are very useful information for which i was looking,i am going to apply for my daughter who is registered as your british citizen recently. i will apply from pakistan islamabad INSH ALLAH.