ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 specific questions SET (M) for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

3 specific questions SET (M) for spouse

Post by Curious2012 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:35 pm

1. On Page9, section 2-A of Set (M) , asks

If your partner was not British from birth, when did they obtain settlement in the UK? and then
Day/Month/Year

On what basis did your partner obtain settlement in the UK?

Clarification sought:
Should the answer to the first question be the date on my naturalisation certificate (08/2006?) and in that case should an answer to the second question along the lines of 'Naturalized as a British citizen on ILR route...' suffice?

OR do the questions need to be answered differently e.g. first question - setllement in the UK could be the date of my ILR on my cancelled passport from 2005.

As a background - When my wife applied for her first spouse visa entry clearance application pre 09July 2012, similar question in about your partner/sponsor section in the guidance notes of the correct to be form used then (VAF4A OCT 2011, although this had to be submitted online in our case) )clearly said "8.2.9 If your sponsor is in the UK when did they first arrive? In DD/MM/YYYY format. If your sponsor has been a British Citizen since they were born please enter their date of birth here. If your sponsor acquired British Citizenship after their birth please enter the date they became a British Citizen here"

So, common sense and consistency would suggest that my hunch is correct i.e. in the Set(M) put naturalisation date and suggested reply and NOT any other date like ILR on cancelled passport by answering differently.

A confirmation please from those in the know and experts much appreciated.

I will be accompanying her and my passport (UK) will be submitted as part of the application in person. Do need to make sure that the question is answered correctly and we have the appropriate back-ups e.g. cancelled passport and documents related to my ILR if I am wrong

2. On Page22, section 8 - Your Home and Finances
Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in 8.2.- 8.6 that you and your partner are relying on to adequately maintain you and any dependants and then the table with 3 columns. income source, interval received and amounts.

We will be relying only on cash savings (by providing my bank statements showing amounts held continuously for more than 6 months) to demonstrate adequate maintenance. Amount would be deemed sufficient had we been required to meet the financial requirements relying only on cash savings , which per my understanding we may be excluded from because her current 27 month spouse visa was applied before 9th July 2012.

Will this be ok? Is it acceptable to just write that we have attached bank statements showing cash savings of GBPxxx amount and leave the table blank?

3. Question 2.27 page 11 and Section 11 B page 31 - Just to reconfirm what I picked up on another thread,

We resubmit originals and copies of marriage certificate/decree absolute that we had submitted at the time of obtaining the existing spouse visa, fill up 2.25-2.27 as applicable and leave section 11 B blank as that applies to spouse/CP who were not married at the time of being granted their existing leave to remain?

Lastly, I apologise repeating the first question in another post but really need your help and advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 3 specific questions SET (M) for spouse

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:44 pm

1. When you settled, e.g.10 jan 2010 PBS applicant.
2. Yes, it ought to be.
3. Yes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Curious2012 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:16 pm

Amber wrote:1. When you settled, e.g.10 jan 2010 PBS applicant.
2. Yes, it ought to be.
3. Yes.

Thank you.

To clarify on 1. so it will be my naturalisation date as British citizen ? (this was in 2006)

zubair_hr

Post by zubair_hr » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Curious2012 wrote:
Amber wrote:1. When you settled, e.g.10 jan 2010 PBS applicant.
2. Yes, it ought to be.
3. Yes.

Thank you.

To clarify on 1. so it will be my naturalisation date as British citizen ? (this was in 2006)
1. it would be the date you were given ILR as it appears on your passport.

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Curious2012 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:55 am

Thanks Zubair but now I am confused.

I thought Amber was giving an example .

In our case, should it be the date of naturalisation on my naturalisation certificate or should it be the date of ILR on my cancelled passport from my earlier nationality?

I got my ILR in 2005 and then naturalised as a british citizen in 2006 and spouse got entry clearance on the basis of spouse of British/settled person in 2012. As mentioned earlier in the post , the earlier form (for entry clearance) clearly specified the naturalisation date as the one to be put in....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:33 am

Date of ILR.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Curious2012 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Can I put the naturalisation date in the date and then in the question on 'On what basis...' mention 'obtained ILR in 2005 via work permit and HSMP ...?'

Amber or other experts please do not be annoyed. I am repeating the question in spite of a clear answer because when we applied the first time using VAF4A OCT 2011, the guidance notes specified putting the the naturalisation date. (If your sponsor has been a British Citizen since they were born please enter their date of birth here. If yoursponsor acquired British Citizenship after their birth please enter the date they became a British Citizen here There was no option of putting the ILR date. I know SET(M) is a different form but it seems inconsistent?

Thanks again

Curious2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Curious2012 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Also I seem to recall reading earlier that once naturalised, the naturalisation certificate, date, etc is what counts and the ILR is irrelevant...

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:42 am

It really makes no difference. If you put the date of ceremony for naturalisation, just put naturalised as British below.