ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT B1 English Langague

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malik44

URGENT B1 English Langague

Post by Malik44 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi Amber and seniors memebers,
I am ready to apply ILR in couple of weeks in Birmingham I myself did B1 ESOL Entry level 3 English Language assessment From London Resources Network (LRN).
and wife got her B1 ESOL Skills for life (Speaking and Listening only) from Trinity College London.
as on 1st of July 2014 Home Office made some changes to Trinity and Cambridge Certificates :-

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

when i was checking the new list I found on page 29 the candidate who passed Trinity College London certificate must passes all modules (Speaking listing writing and reading) but my wife has passed the certificate at ESOL Entry level 3 (speaking and listing only).
I checked as per home office policy guideline the qualification comes up in OFFQUAL register and according to this speaking and listening qualification at ESOL entry level 3 acceptable in settlement.
seniors members pls reply Is Trinity Certificate ESOL Entry level 3 skills for life (Speaking and listening only) will be ok in our settlement application.?

Regards
Malik

riddhi14
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT B1 English Langague

Post by riddhi14 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:03 am

Hi All,

I shall be applying for my ILR in first week of August,2014. I had proved my qualification being on Points calculator and as such was given 10 points for english language.
Now my wife, who is on dependent visa from the 1st day, I came to UK, has a B.com degree from Delhi university which qualification is on the Points calculator. So, does she need to take any English test or her original degree certificate shall be submitted, while applying for ILR.

An urgent advice from seniors and the moderator is requested.

Riddhi14

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:05 am

@ riddhi14

Please start a separate thread for your question. Its not nice to hijack someone else's thread specially when it has not been answered yet.

@ Malik

My wife has given Grade 5 (ESOL B1) test on 5th June from Trinity College and we sent the ILR application on 2nd July. So I called the Trinity College and they confirmed that my wife's cert. is still valid. The only change that has happened is that the Home Office has taken away "skills for life" test from the approved list of test. Otherwise, they told me my wife's cert. is still good to go for ILR and they have had quite a few people asking the same question for the last 3-4 days.

I am suspecting that the Home Office list of test is rounded to be sort of "generic". Sorry I can't assure you that it would be fine but I guess my post might ease you a little bit.

It would be interesting to find out if even before the change (1st July), these test were still showing pass in speaking, listenting, reading and writing because I remember this to be the case.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:15 pm

@Thanks Subtle
Yes your Grade 5 (ESOL B1) test is fine see this news
http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/news/vi ... php?id=373

and also see this amendments in Immigration rules
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -july-2014

My wife did ESOL Skills for life Entry Level 3 certificate and Home Office is stop accepting after 1st Aug 2014 as per news.
I asked one of my friend he is Solicitor and he advised me go for another test ASAP because sometimes caseworker hold cases in these types of situation. :|
So the safe side I booked LRN B1 certificate for my wife again as on 17th July and certificate will arrive in 7 to 10 days.
I don't want to take any risk in settlement application for only £125.

@riddhi14
please read Immigration Rules and the British Nationality Act 1981 page 37
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4.0EXT.pdf

Thanks to Amber and Vinny and all seniors members who are running this forum and help needy people.

Regards
Malik

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am

Is is the ESOL Entry Level 3 provided by Trinity that is being removed or does it also affect the one offered by Cambridge English?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:07 am

Subtle wrote:I am suspecting that the Home Office list of test is rounded to be sort of "generic". Sorry I can't assure you that it would be fine but I guess my post might ease you a little bit.

It would be interesting to find out if even before the change (1st July), these test were still showing pass in speaking, listenting, reading and writing because I remember this to be the case.
Yes, the Home Ofiice list is just generic, you only need the Speaking and Listening elements of the tests.

This is confirmed on the document in the link above as malik44 has provided:

on page 15, it states:
This page tells you how an applicant can meet the knowledge of language and life (KoLL) in the UK requirement.
A person must meet the requirement by:
 passing the Life in the UK test
and either:
having a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 level or above of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
 having a degree that was taught in English, or
 being a national of an English-speaking country.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

tanz5656

Post by tanz5656 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:55 pm

i sent my wife application for flr(m), and submitted english certificate from trinity college london B1 , and also on page 33 on home office approved english test is mentioned Trinity graded exam is mentioned A1, A2 and B1 in speaking and listening. Did some one got the visa with same certificate. Anyone ??????? or i need to do A1 as b1 is higher than A1. can some one advise..

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:52 pm

@tanz5656 if you read the posts above, the removal for Trinity ESOL Skills for Life is effective from 1st August 2014, so any application prior to this date should be OK.

tanz5656

Post by tanz5656 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:31 pm

But I think grade 5 exam level b1 which is also mention on list of approved courses page 33

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:19 pm

tanz5656 wrote:But I think grade 5 exam level b1 which is also mention on list of approved courses page 33
Malik44 wrote:@Thanks Subtle
Yes your Grade 5 (ESOL B1) test is fine see this news
http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/news/vi ... php?id=373

and also see this amendments in Immigration rules
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -july-2014

My wife did ESOL Skills for life Entry Level 3 certificate and Home Office is stop accepting after 1st Aug 2014 as per news.
I asked one of my friend he is Solicitor and he advised me go for another test ASAP because sometimes caseworker hold cases in these types of situation. :|
So the safe side I booked LRN B1 certificate for my wife again as on 17th July and certificate will arrive in 7 to 10 days.
I don't want to take any risk in settlement application for only £125.

@riddhi14
please read Immigration Rules and the British Nationality Act 1981 page 37

Thanks to Amber and Vinny and all seniors members who are running this forum and help needy people.

Regards
Malik

tanz5656

Post by tanz5656 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:41 pm

I already applied for my visa application on flr m on 2nd April 2014. With trinity b1 English exam so I think it's OK what you think please senior member comment

Alisulehri
Newly Registered

Post by Alisulehri » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:42 am

Hello
I got my spouse visa in 2012 I used toeic English language course at that time my application accepted
Now I applied for ILR may 2014
THEY accepted my application butt did not give me ILR
They said toeic was involved in fraud which is under investigation I used toeic certificate in 2012 when I applied for spouse visa. Now after 2 years they stopped my application when I am applying for ILR. Now I have do e life in uk test and an other English course
They return back my wife passport which is British butt they did not give any of my documents
Can anybudy tell what going b happen next
They said my application for ILR IS ACCEPTED BUTT NEED MORE INVESTIGATION ON TOEIC WHICH I USED IN 2012
Thanks

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:55 am

Alisulehri wrote:Hello
I got my spouse visa in 2012 I used toeic English language course at that time my application accepted
Now I applied for ILR may 2014
THEY accepted my application butt did not give me ILR
They said toeic was involved in fraud which is under investigation I used toeic certificate in 2012 when I applied for spouse visa. Now after 2 years they stopped my application when I am applying for ILR. Now I have do e life in uk test and an other English course
They return back my wife passport which is British butt they did not give any of my documents
Can anybudy tell what going b happen next
They said my application for ILR IS ACCEPTED BUTT NEED MORE INVESTIGATION ON TOEIC WHICH I USED IN 2012
Thanks
Answered here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1061107