ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year residency rule

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HITS123

10 year residency rule

Post by HITS123 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:48 pm

hi members

i need your expert opinion about my present situation. I have applied enterpreneur visa in team and it was refused. my appeal will be on mid of october 2014 and my 10 years finish on first week of october 2014 so can i apply for 10 years rules application if yes than what about another team member? also would like to ask that my husband 10 year finish after me in december 2014 how that would be work with him?

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: 10 year residency rule

Post by Darvesh » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:53 pm

yes u can make an application for ILR on the bases of 10y long residency however the outcome of ILR application will depend on the outcome of your appeal (ur ILR wont be decided before ur appeal determination)so u better add your 10y residency as additional ground in addition to others grounds to your appeal. You better focus to win your appeal first.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:58 pm

Inform the tribunal when 10 years completes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:14 pm

HITS123 wrote:hi members

i need your expert opinion about my present situation. I have applied enterpreneur visa in team and it was refused. my appeal will be on mid of october 2014 and my 10 years finish on first week of october 2014 so can i apply for 10 years rules application if yes than what about another team member? also would like to ask that my husband 10 year finish after me in december 2014 how that would be work with him?
HI

Ignore Darvash follow Amber.

Tell tribunal that u completed 10 years.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:34 pm

@ HITS123

1..... As per my personal experience the best option is to fight your tier 1 appeal and win ............. This is the best option.

2........ if you apply ILR first week of October and same time you have pending tier 1 appeal then your ILR application will be voided and visa fees will not be refunded. (personally know someone who done it and that is what happend)

3.....on completion of 10 years in October 2014 if you withdraw appeal and submit ILR same day then 100% chances that your team member application will be refused as initial application was joint /team applicaiton which is refused and while pending appeal one member left so end of story.

I was in same situation back in June 2013 ..... and have completed my long residency in August 2013 but as my appeal was pending and had team member with me so i went for option 1 ... .fought my appeal ... Won ..... Got Tier 1 visa and applied the ILR same day i received my biometric and passport and that what i will suggest you too as this is the most safest way but ofcourse time consuming.

regarding your husband completing 10 years in December 2014 and if he is your dependent than i believe he can submit his ILR application separately and if he get ILR decision before you than you can apply dependent of settled person but again in this case your 5 years clock will start from the day you get settled person dependent visa. so option 1 is the best option as per my understanding.

hope this is of some help

regards

HITS123 wrote:hi members

ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015