ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Holiday to Belguim with EEA2 RC - From SS Route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Freda
Newly Registered

Holiday to Belguim with EEA2 RC - From SS Route

Post by Freda » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Hello!

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm British, husband is non-EEA family member holding and EEA2 Residency Card granted after coming from Ireland on the Surrinder Singh route.

We are going on our first European holiday together to Belguim next week. I hope I am right in thinking he won't need a Belgian visa with the EEA2 Residency Card. However should we bring any further documentation? Eg. marriage certificate, his UK work payslips, flat rental contract, the printed EC directive, or anything else?

Want a smooth holiday as we will be travelling with our 10 month old son. Should we expect any issue either in Belgium or in leaving the UK, or returning, through Manchester? Also what queue should we go in at passport control - assuming we should both go together to the same one?

Many thanks for your help.

kiran2044

Re: Holiday to Belguim with EEA2 RC - From SS Route

Post by kiran2044 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi Freda,

You won't have any problem travelling without visa. I have EEA2 Residence Card and I've been travelling around the EU many times without any problem, without even a single question. They don't normally ask any question at the border but I would suggest you to take the marriage certificate anyway just in case, nothing else is needed. I normally take the EU line as it is much quicker :).

Hope this helps.

Kiran

Freda
Newly Registered

Re: Holiday to Belguim with EEA2 RC - From SS Route

Post by Freda » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:52 pm

That is reassuring, thank you for your reply.