ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

letter from home office

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

douces

letter from home office

Post by douces » Tue May 22, 2007 9:16 pm

hello and good day to you all please i am asking you for any advice i recieve a letter from home office today and the letter is asking me for documents from the date me and my wife start living together which is 2003 but i only find documents from 2005 because i misplace them when i was moving home what can i do they even ask question about if i have any child from previouse relationship the application was made in april 2003 but we get married in 2002 and still living together i applied while i was overstayed they give me 28 days to send them back can i send the ones that i have thank you please reply

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Tue May 22, 2007 9:49 pm

You are probably being considered under the DP3/96 policy.

According to the relevant criteria you have to prove that you have lived together for at least two years to date. You do not have to provide evidence from previous years but if you do, it will strenghten your case.

Therefore, for the purposes of meeting these criteria your evidnce of subsistence of your marriage between May 2005 and May 2007 will be sufficient.

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:14 pm

Hello Douces, i'm in a similar boat as you. Can you let us know how it went please?

Thanks.

Twin.

douces

Post by douces » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:41 am

i sent my document off to the home office i am just waiting for a reply
i also sent the questoniare form they sent to me they ask for document from the date we start living together i am here just worried i hate waiting i wait for over four years now twins what document they ask you for

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:51 pm

Very similar documents to yours, ie: Bank Statements, council tax bills, utility bills. I was asked to provide 5 for each year. They said providing 5 for each year would be proof enough that the marriage is subsisting. They also requested for evidence of child benefit, letters from my daughters school and my husband's passport.

When did you send your documents? I thought that once you produce the evidences they move swiftly. Did you use a solicitor?

douces

Post by douces » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:21 pm

i send them three week ago did ur letter says enforcement and removal directorate

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:35 pm

douces wrote:i send them three week ago did ur letter says enforcement and removal directorate
I've checked the letter over and over again. It doesn't say enforcement and removal directorate.

what sort of documents were you asked to provide?

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:16 pm

Twin wrote:
douces wrote: I've checked the letter over and over again. It doesn't say enforcement and removal directorate.
Should say on the letterhead "Enforcement and Removals Directorate - Border Control and Enforcement". I am almost certain that any application where illegal residence was involved, will be dealt with by them and they will ultimately make a decision of removal or grant. They are the slowest and the busiest division of the BIA with queues of applications stretching decades back.

Twin, sorry to hear that they asked for your hubby's passport. Have they sent you another letter? Can you not "borrow" it from him?

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:51 pm

Jeff, I really wish it was that simple. I have cried, begged and done all sorts. He wouldn't listen to me. Infact, he said he made an application for his girlfriend with the home office a few weeks ago. I'm now worried that perhaps, this is what triggered the Home Office letter. I don't know how he can do that whilst still married.

Depressed does not begin to describe my mood now.

All thesame, I have explained things to my solicitor and we are looking to tell HO that we are seperated and appeal for their discretion. Using the Dp5/96 but of course my daughter won't be 7 till January so it seems like I might be looking at a refusal all the same.

I don't know anymore.

My letter is from borders and migration in Liverpool. What does this mean?

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:11 pm

Twin, I am really sorry to hear about this but try to be positive - I am sure things will work out in the end somehow - they always do! Just keep posting us and we will drop you a couple of other tips.
Twin wrote: Infact, he said he made an application for his girlfriend with the home office a few weeks ago.
Has she brought another one from abroad??? I wondered on what grounds the application was made - he is still married to you...
I'm now worried that perhaps, this is what triggered the Home Office letter. I don't know how he can do that whilst still married.
No, I can assure you it is not the case. The Home Office are not that fast and this is just a request for information, nothing else... Nothing to worry about.
All thesame, I have explained things to my solicitor and we are looking to tell HO that we are seperated and appeal for their discretion. Using the Dp5/96 but of course my daughter won't be 7 till January so it seems like I might be looking at a refusal all the same.
As I said - things will work out one way or another! You have a daughter who is a British Citizen.
My letter is from borders and migration in Liverpool. What does this mean?
Border and Immigration Agency, probably, the new name for the former IND. What department exactly did it come from?

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:05 pm

Thanks Jeff. I really appreciate your advise.

The letter is from the North West Region, Managed Migration.

douces

Post by douces » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:38 pm

hi got my three leave to remain thank you guys

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:22 pm

Hey, congrats!

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:11 pm

douces wrote:hi got my three leave to remain thank you guys
Reading this makes me feel like the recipient. I am so very happy for you Douces. The struggle is over....until another 3 years at least.

I so hope to be able to post such news soon, too.

Congratulations, bro! :D :D

douces

Post by douces » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:51 pm

just pray god will help you i never expect to get it at all so good luck to you keep us in touch

nakirai2007
Newly Registered

Confused illegal immigrant

Post by nakirai2007 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:16 pm

will keep this short:Already have all the details in another post

I am planning to marry my fiancee in Sep and we have a child together together. Because my passport shows I was actually not in UK when he was conceived we cannot present my son's birth certificate when I apply for my spouse visa. I know its confusing but I was in Uk and I sent my passport back and was stamped in my home country that I had left UK so as not to overstay my visitors visa. I went back and collected it and came back to the UK as I had a multiple entry visitors visa.

My question is I have 2 choices I don't know if there are more:
1.) to say when I came I met my fiancee she already had a child from her previous r/ship(birth certificates states father unknown but that can be rectified if need be) and we met fell in love decided to marry (duration of r/ship April 2007 - Sep2007) my visitors visa expired in May 2007. April 2007 start of the r/ship because thats the last time I entered Uk. It however beggers a question of a marriage of convenience???

2.) to say I have been in Uk since 2005 and am actually an illegal entrant. That way I will at least not need to produce my former passport but a new one as I came illegally. I will now be able to produce proof of my r/ship with my fiancee from 2005 when we met - till date and that would include my son's birth certificate(My name can be registerd have enquired)/ DNA test if need be, letters from her family residing here, bills, letter from vicar at the church we attend, letter from Nursery, photos, ( all evidence of a sustainable r/ship), wedding photos and receipts etc The downside for all I know is I came illegally and as such am was an illegal immigrant. It will however dispel the idea of this being a marriage of convenience.

Am confused and really need advise. Please assist.

voiceofreason
Newly Registered

Post by voiceofreason » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:38 pm

nakirai,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=17465

You already have another thread solely dedicated to your spin of lies - I think that's why folks stopped responding. The best thing would be to stop complicating your situation by running from pillar to post...You've played chess with your entry/overstay so you have to finish the game yourself.

I don't think anyone can 'think up' a solution for your case since it is so convoluted.

Assuming you have painted yourself into a corner with the UK immigration office.... my advice is to start thinking of doing things better...apply legally to an entirely different country if at all possible...all the best.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:45 pm

voiceofreason wrote:nakirai,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=17465

You already have another thread solely dedicated to your spin of lies - I think that's why folks stopped responding. The best thing would be to stop complicating your situation by running from pillar to post...You've played chess with your entry/overstay so you have to finish the game yourself.

I don't think anyone can 'think up' a solution for your case since it is so convoluted.

Assuming you have painted yourself into a corner with the UK immigration office.... my advice is to start thinking of doing things better...apply legally to an entirely different country if at all possible...all the best.
Ouch, really, will be on the on the look out@