ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) (10 years) - DOCUMENTS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tfairy1
Newly Registered

SET (LR) (10 years) - DOCUMENTS

Post by tfairy1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi,

This september will be 10 years since I first came to this country on a visa.
So, I am in the middle of preparing to apply for SET (LR).

On the application form for SET (LR), there is a checklist of quite a few documents:

Doctor's letters showing registration for EACH year of your stay
- There are many long periods in the past 10 years that I was not registered with a GP

Council tax letters for EACH year of your stay
- I was a boarder at a school and then rented a flat under my dad's name for the first 2 years of my stay

Utility bills for EACH year of your stay
- currently I live in an accommodation where my utility bills a paid by the property management services.
I am able to provide bills for stay from 2012-2013, but that's it. I don't hold bills for the other years and there are some years when I lived with flatmates and bill was not under my name...

letters from your landlord confirming the period of your tenancy
- I am able to provide this for some years but not for others.

Can anyone make suggestions as to how to tackle these problems?
Also, could successful applicants please tell me which documents they submitted?

THANK YOU :D

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: SET (LR) (10 years) - DOCUMENTS

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:33 pm

A lot of members experiences can be found in sticky thread called: 10 years long residence applications. Moreover, if you attach the passports covering 10 years then you don't need to attach the documents which you pasted above.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Re: SET (LR) (10 years) - DOCUMENTS

Post by fielddrive » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:06 am

As long as you have passports for the 10 years you have been in the UK, all of those documents should be irrelevant.