ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noortester
Newly Registered

English Test ILR

Post by noortester » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:52 am

Hi I have looked at the link for English test required by home office
as in the link below
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

I have already given IELTS two years ago which has expired now.
Do I need to need to give a new english test for my ILR appointment in september?

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: English Test ILR

Post by Macro_Run » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:11 pm

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Only if you have used the expired IELTS certificate in a previous application.

I have had confirmation by letter from the Home Office that they must have had sight of the IELTS certificate in a previous applications for them to accept it if it has expired, unless it was taken inside the UK and is on the OFQUAL register.

If it was taken outside the UK and being presented for the first time (as expired), then the Home Office won't accept it.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

haydido1981
Newly Registered

Post by haydido1981 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:45 am

noortester wrote:Hi I have looked at the link for English test required by home office
as in the link belowe
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

I have already given IELTS two years ago which has expired now.
Do I need to need to give a new english test for my ILR appointment in september?

Hi,

I have a similar situation. I received a reply from the home office saying the expiry date of the exam is only relevant for the entry clearance applications. You refer to Appendix KoLL (on the home office website) page 4
If you wish pass me your email and forward the home office reply to you